Table of Contents
- 1 Best Air Nailer Reviews in 2020
- 2 Final Verdict
Those days of old hammers to nail are gone.
If you have a big enough project to work on, the pneumatic air nailers happen to be the most suitable solutions in 2020.
That being said, there are plenty of models from dozens of brands that offer ‘the best nailer of the universe’ at their advertisements.
If you don’t have a prior sense of what’s good and what’s wrong, you may end up with a couple of hundred of dollars wasted.
Hold your horses; we’re not done yet.
To provide you with a list of Best Air Nailer for 2020, we’ve gone through 34 total models and hand-picked the best few of them.
Later on, we took expert advice to break down their features and specs.
When you’re done reading this, you’ll undoubtedly be able to distinguish between them, and chose the right one for your nailing purpose-
Best Air Nailer Reviews in 2020
Here’s the updated list of the best air nailers we reviewed.
#1. Hitachi NT65M2S 16-Gauge Finish Nailer
- Hitachi Power Tools has renamed to Metabo HPT. Same great tools, with only a new name.
- Tool less depth of drive dial allows the user to easily adjust the drive depth for a professional finish
- Integrated air duster button allows air from the compressor to bypass the nailing function and expel air from a hole in the front of the nailer allowing the user to clear away dust and debris from the work surface
- Elastomer grip adds comfort and provides a secure hold
- Ergonomically designed simple flip actuation switch for easy transitions between bump fire or sequential fire modes
Hitachi knows as a global giant in tools and electronics had done their best to design the Hitachi NT65M2S 16-Gauge Finish Nailer. For any pneumatic nailer, it’s quite rare to have these many features and functionalities in one place.
Not only that, it had provided proper attention to the safety and comfort of the user as well.
We will have a more in-depth discussion of the features for this nailer below-
Features and Benefits
Easy Adjustment of the Drive Depth
Measuring the depth of drive is one of the steps to get started with a finish nailing job. To make that easier, this device comes with a tool-less measurement system of the depth of drive dial. Adjusting the drive depth won’t be an issue anymore.
Built-in Air Duster Button
The driving force of an air nailer is, of course, compresses air. When you connect the nailer with the air compressor, the air duster button will come in help. It will allow the air to pass through the nailing function. Also, when it comes to expelling the air from a hole, the nailer will help you to clean up the dust sourced from the workspace.
Safe and Comfortable Holding
From a loosely held air nailer, it’s hard to be precise on the job. But worry not; this Hitachi NT65M2S 16-Gauge Finish Nailer has got an elastomeric grip right on the handle. No matter how sweaty your hands or palms are, you won’t miss a secure holding on it.
Easy Transition with the Simple Flip Switch
Right at the control panel, there is a simple flip actuation switch. Now, what is the role of it? Well, it will let you transit between the rapid sequential fire and the bump fire mode. Based on the nailing type you’re up to, nailers frequently use both of these moods.
Quick and Simple Extraction of the Nails
Nail jamming is one of the most irritating issues that you have to face during a process of nailing. But this tool has got something for you up there. There is a tool-free nose to extract those nails without causing up any prior jamming or stuck up the situation.
Protection of the Workpiece from Damage
It’s not always a sturdy and robust object that you are nailing on. Sometimes, it can be your expensive work desk or any important furniture that you don’t want to be damaged. To let you be assured of that, there is a no-mar tip installed into this device. It will protect the work surface from damage when you are nailing at full swing.
Adjustable Exhaust Ports
As the device is going to use compressed air as the power source, there will be air extractions in it. Not to irritate you with the air exhaust, there is an exhaust port directed away from the position of the user. On top of that, the exhaust port is fully adjustable to set it around at any angle.
Both 15 Gauge and 16 Gauge Version Available
Well, sometimes it’s not essential to get an air nailer with 16 gauge. In case you want to do down to lower power, this model has another 15 gauge version for you. Also, there is another offer where you can purchase the 16 gauge version with finish nails provided along.
Related Reading: Reviews of Finish Nailers for 2020.
#2. DEWALT DWFP12231 Pneumatic Brad Nailer
- Long life maintenance-free motor to keep from staining the work surface
- Tool-free depth-of-drive adjustment with detents for proper setting of nail heads
- Tool-free jam release mechanism for easy nail removal
- Rear exhaust to keep contaminates away from work. Operating pressure 70 - 120 psi
- Compressor is required to use this product but is not included
Dewalt had earned its place as one of the top rated power tools manufacturers in the industry. And this DEWALT DWFP12231 that we’re about to discuss is just another excellent example of their excellence.
This 18 gauge nailer is a safe, secure and functioning model, which will take on overall most of your framing works. Let’s go through the detailed discussion and figure the features out-
Features and Benefits
18 Gauges Nailer with up to 2 inches Length
First of all, it’s an 18 gauge nailer, which can take in fasteners from ⅝ inches to 2 inches of length. It’s pneumatic, and that’s what farmers call a convenient air nailer.
Requires Way less Maintenance
When it comes to motors, framers mark it as the best disturbing part. But not anymore with the motor of DEWALT DWFP12231. It’s made to require less cleaning and no adjustment.
No Jam with the Tool-Free Jam Release
Although it’s a pretty good machine, it’s not entirely jam-free. But to get it out of that zone, you don’t need to take up it to an expert or to open up it to the bottom.
Rear Exhaust Design
Exhaust comes to be in different positions in different air nailers. This DEWALT DWFP12231 has got a rear exhaust, and that’s very smart of Dewalt. Containments will not be on your way anymore.
Adjustable Belt Hook
You won’t keep the nailer right on your palm on time. To store it on your tool belt or tool pouch, there is an adjustable belt hook provided.
Accurate Settings on the Nail Heads
Having the right measurement on the nail heads is one of the most critical aspects of an air nailing job. To help you with that, there is a tool-free adjust of the depth of the drive.
Light Weight and Compact Design
Dewalt has many reasons to be unique, and this is undoubtedly one of them. The body is made of magnesium, and it delivers a lightweight and robust design. Carrying it won’t be an issue at all.
Comfortable Grip for Safe Handing
The ability to hold the nailer with comfort and safety is pretty, and nailers can’t negotiate with that anyway. The integrated rubber grip in this device will be a significant advantage in this regard.
Also, check 18 gauge Brad Nailer Reviews 2020.
#3. NuMax SFR2190 21 Degree Framing Nailer
- Nailed It: This 21 degree pneumatic framing nailer features a lightweight and durable magnesium body, ergonomic secure handle, and interchangeable trigger for quick fire or single shot function. It's ideal for professional construction contractors and home DIY projects.
- Versatile and Powerful: The framing nailer features depth adjustment and a no mar tip, making it adaptable for different working surfaces. It's perfect for framing, and it can also be used to install subfloors, roof decking, wood fencing, and sheathing.Minimum Recommended Air Delivery SCFM @ 90PSI:2.4
- The Right Tool for the Job: We're committed to providing outstanding value, top tier customer service and long lasting, high quality products. We make nailers and staplers for every purpose, from roofing to siding to flooring and everything in between.
- Quality and Durability: We manufacture tools with the most durable materials under strict quality control guidelines, suitable for professional contractors and do-it-yourselfers alike. Our tools are sold, distributed, serviced, and warrantied in the USA.
- Tough and Dependable: We make an array of durable construction tools and accessories, including staplers and nailers for siding, flooring, framing, finish, and roofing. Compare our products to similar items by Makita, Hitachi, Bostitch, Senco, Paslode, and Dewalt.
The last pick of the list is the NuMax SFR2190 21 Degree Framing Nailer, which happens to be one of the most popular models in the market. But due to a few drawbacks, we’ve to list it in the last place.
Features and Benefits
Compatible with Different Work Surfaces
The NuMax SFR2190 is well known for its compatibility with different surfaces. There is a depth adjustment feature along with a no-mar tip, which makes it this capable.
Light Weight and Durable
Carrying an air nailer sometimes becomes a pain because of their massive weights. But not anymore, as long as you own this compact model. The body is made of durable magnesium, which gives lightweight and durability at the same time.
To ensure a perfect fitting on the wooden surface, you’re working on; there is a no-slip tooth right under the no-mar tip. Secure fitting won’t be any issues anymore.
Soft and Ergonomic Grip
It’s one of the best parts of this nailer, and it’s the soft, ergonomic grip design on the handle. Even with sweaty hands, you can hold it tight.
Anti Dust Cap on the Air Filter
To make sure that the dust and debris don’t get into the core of the device, there is a dust cap right onto the air filter.
Related reading: Framing Nailer Reviews with Buying Guide for 2020.
How to Choose the Top-quality Air Nailer?
To hone up your buying decisions to even more perfection, we’ve got a complete buying guide at this point of the reviews-
Types of power
There are majorly three types of powering systems of air nailers- pneumatic, fuel-driven, and battery-driven. We’ve picked up all of our models in this list based on a pneumatic power requirement, and this happens to be most convenient for professional nailing.
The Firing Modes
There are two types of firing modes in air nailers- the sequential firing and the bump firing. Each of these has its cases of applications, but a good quality air nailer should contain the ability to switch between these two firing modes.
The Fastener In taking Capacity
In terms of both number and size, there are different ranges of fastener intake capacity for different models. Most of the models can house ¾ inches to around 3 inches of fasteners.
Air nailers are, of course, an essential part of modern contracting and framing works.
With a keen eye kept on the actual values, you can be able to find out the best air nailer for yourself.