Table of Contents
FramingNailersGuide is reader-supported. If you buy an item through the links on this site, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more
Last Updated on January 24, 2023 by John Patterson
The NuMax framing nailer (SFR2190 ) guide of 2023 will talk about the various benefits of using the Numax sfr2190 nailer for doing professional work at a non-professional level.
This 21-degree framing nailer is suitable for working on wall framing, roof decking, wood fencing, and subfloors.
The trigger is in a dual-mode, which allows for single or sequential firing, as per your choice.
The Numax sfr2190 nailer shoots 21-degree plastic collated round head nails with a size ranging from 2 inches to 3 and a half inches.
Do you know which nail guns are the best for your projects?
Read our latest Pin Nailer, Brad Nailer, Roofing Nailer review with the difference between Brad Nailer and Finish Nailer.
There is a depth adjustment setting for various applications as well.
Overall, this review will point out the multiple characteristics of this 21-degree framing nailer, which will become useful for you in the future.
As for the dimensions of the product, they are as such: The height is 20.75 inches, the width is 15 inches, and the product weighs 8.5 pounds.
NuMax Framing Nailer Review (SFR2190)
- Construction Applications: Designed for framing,...
- Compatible Nails: 21 degree plastic collated full...
- Built to Last: One piece hardened steel drive...
- Anti-Dry-Fire Mechanism: Prevents empty fires and...
- Dual Mode Trigger: Fast and easy to switch between...
- Power Source: Air-powered
- Product Dimension: 20 x 6.5 x 14.25 inches
- Operating Pressure: 70 – 115 PSI
- Fastener Gauge: .113 inch – 1.31 inch
- Fastener Range: 2-3.5 inches
- Magazine Capacity: 55 pcs
- It has 360° Adjustable Exhaust Magnesium Construction.
- Tool-less Depth Adjustment.
- You will get Air Filter / Anti-Dust Cap.
- Anti-Dry Cycle Mechanism.
- No-Mar Pad.
- You can use this Numax sfr2190 21 degree framing nailer for your construction Framing.
- A good option for pallet Manufacturing.
- Excellent for Crate Manufacturing.
- Great for Furniture Manufacturing.
- Best for truss Assembly.
- For durability over repetitive use, it has a Black oxide aluminum magazine.
- For lightweight durability, it has die-cast aluminum construction with an aluminum cylinder.
- For preventing damage to pre-finished surfaces, it has a removable no-mar tip option.
- For protecting the nail gun from dry fire, it has an anti-dry fire mechanism function.
- For easy and comfortable use, it has finger depth adjustment.
- For great flexibility, you will find single and sequential firing triggers.
- For keeping the internal components dust and debris free, the nailer has an anti-dust cap.
This review will talk about the different usage of the Numax sfr2190 21-degree framing nailer with its distinct features in detail in the following sections.
The depth is adjustable for various application uses, without the need for a unique tool.
There is a screw for excellent control and comes with a lock nut if needed. This helps in switching from 3-1/4’’ nails to 2’’ nails. You only need to turn the depth to drive the nails flush.
There is also an option to use duplex nails. Duplex nails can be used for making temporary structures. Duplex nails have two nails where you can put nail one in and have the head two sticking up to pull up the nails quickly later on.
However, the depth adjuster is not as easy to control as the company claims.
An easy solution can be using oil and lift the nose piece slightly, and then it will turn quickly. It will get more comfortable with use as well.
The depth is mostly consisting of nailing accordingly but not holding the tool flat, or if the hardness of the surface varies, then the nails might stick up a little bit. But it’s nothing that a hammer can’t fix.
Perfect for Do-It-Yourself Projects
This 21-degree framing nailer can be ideal for doing a project you have been thinking about for years. The whole thing only weighs 8.5 pounds, so it is easy to hold up all by you without any outside help. The body of the gun is constructed of die-cast magnesium for low weight and durability.
You can hold the NuMax SFR2190 framing nailer with one hand and fire with the other one. This saves your arm as the nailing is done quickly.
Moreover, there is an option to turn the sequential nailing so you will get done even faster without tiring your arm.
Also, a hammer gets in the way in congested places, and it gets tiring and troublesome to hit the nail over and over in a tight space. The NuMax SFR2190 framing nailer removes that problem as it can run a nail in one go.
If you are looking for a professional feel from a nailer, but you are an occasional DIYer with sudden urges to jump into a project. Still, other times your nailer lies abandoned in the storage shade, gathering dust and bathing in spider webs, then look no further.
We want to assure you that it is the best investment for the nailer as it has a professional feel without the price tag. For the price you are getting this nailer at, you can’t ask for anything more.
Also, the nails needed for the NuMax SFR2190 framing nailer are standard plastic collated nails, which, given, are not very environment-friendly, but are easy to find and also easy for the pocket, regardless.
The NuMax SFR2190 framing nailer, unfortunately, does not come with any tool to use as a jam remover, like the name brands. Name-branded framing nailers can be easily opened as they are made for professionals, and they need to work faster than a DIYer thus opening and clearing the jam is an essential feature for them.
We would like to add that this nailer doesn’t often get jammed though, so that is a plus point.
But it does get jammed by any chance; there is a jam removal hole near the front of the magazine that makes it easier to move a nail back into the position.
Dry Fire Lockout
The nailer will not fire when it is down to the last three nails (As opposed to the Manufacturer’s claim of 5 nails). You can then add a partial or full clip behind that previous strip and go on nailing without causing any waste.
However, sometimes the third most forward nail does fall out due to the reason that it separated from the plastic clip, which holds it to the other two remaining nails, causing a loss of a nail.
Pros and Cons
- Professional service within an affordable price range.
- Low weight so can be lifted and used by one person.
- Durable with a die-cast magnesium finish.
- It comes with interchangeable triggers for single or contact firing.
- Adjustable depth.
- No bump fire switch.
- The adjustable depth is not very easy to turn.
- No tool for jam removal.
Best Numax Nail Guns
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Question #1: Can I use any brand of nail?
Answer: The brand doesn’t matter, but the size and gauge do.
Question #2: Are the nails round head or clipped head?
Answer: They are 21 degrees round head. Any brand will work.
Question #3: What is the PSI?
Answer: I ran mine at 90 PSI with a 150 PSI tank.
Question #4: What is the magazine capacity of this nailer?
Answer: The magazine’s capacity is 55 pcs.
The review would like to end on a positive note because this nailer is very good at getting the work done.
The nailer is affordable and dependable, as well as perfect for one person’s project.
I will recommend this product if you are looking for a professional nailer to do your projects at your convenience.
If you need another one, let’s have a look at our framing nailers review in 2023.
#1. Air Nailers Reviews 2023.
#2. Metabo 23 gauge pin nailer