Table of Contents
Deciding on a brand is sometimes a difficult task for woodworkers.
It’s because you will see several brands are claiming to be the best in the industry.
Are they all correct?
Yes, most of the brands manufacture quality products, but definitely not all products are a perfect option for your needs.
While choosing a 23-gauge pin nailer, it’s quite natural to become overwhelming.
However, you must not be sitting on the fence but go for one quality product for your likings. With that said, it’s not a wise decision to buy each of the product first and then test it yourself.
In this Metabo 23 gauge pin nailer reviews guide, I am going to solve the puzzle for you. Here, I will review three 23-gauge pin nailers manufactured by Metabo. My review will help you to decide on this brand, for sure.
Of course, I will mention both the benefits and hiccups of each of the products.
So, without any further delay, let’s begin.
Metabo 23 Gauge Pin Nailer Reviews for 2020
So, here is our recommended list of Metabo 23 gauge pin nailers we found for you on the market today.
#1. Metabo HPT NP35A Pin Nailer Review
- 23 Gauge Pin Nailer with depth adjustment
- Includes: NP35A Pin Nailer, Carrying Case, No Mar Tip (x2), Safety Glasses, 1/4" NPT Male Plug, Hex Bar Wrench
- Same tools. New name. Hitachi Power Tools has renamed to Metabo HPT
- Magazine automatically adjusts to 5/8", 3/4", 1", 1-3/16" and 1-3/8" fastener lengths for use on a wide variety of projects
- Depth adjustment for flush drives into a variety of surfaces
If you still don’t know, Metabo HPT NP35A was previously known as Hitachi HPT NP35A (paid-link).
The magazine automatically adjusts to the following nail sizes –
- 1 3/16”,
- and 1 ⅜” pin length.
The capacity of the magazine (100 headless pin nails at a time) lets you reload less frequently. As a result, you will get the job quickly.
The package includes a quality carrying case, two no-mar tips, safety glasses, hex bar wrench, ¼” NPT male plug.
Did I say that this nailer features a removable nose plate that helps to clear the jam with ease?
As a whole, this model from Metabo is a versatile, lightweight, compact, and efficient pin nailer for my likings.
The price is pretty fair, considering the quality and performance of the unit.
#2. Metabo HPT NP18DSAL Cordless Pin Nailer Review
- Same tools. New name. Hitachi power tools has renamed to Metabo HPT
- Note: Only accepts 23 gauge nail lengths 5/8", 3/4", 1", 1-3/16", and 1-3/8"
- Built-in counterweight greatly reduces recoil
- No-push safety nose tip reduces marring and provides a clean finish
- Tool-less depth of drive adjustment for a professional finish every time
You can use a 23-gauge nail that is having a length of either one of these –
I must admire the run time of the battery. It’s a 3.0 Ah lithium-ion battery that costs less than a similar cordless pin nailer battery from other brands.
Metabo claims that you can drive about 3000 nails per charge, which I believe is quite an impressive number.
The built-in counterweight feature helps to reduce recoil, and the no-push nose prevents denting the surface.
Overall, this pin nailer is powerful, easy to use, offers necessary features to drive nails safely and accurately, and it’s durable.
It could have been better regarding the price. However, it’s still quite worthy.
Pro tip: Don’t use cheap nails with this nailer.
#3. Metabo HPT NP50A Pin Nailer Review
- Same tools. New name. Hitachi power tools has renamed to Metabo HPT.
- Fasteners: Drives 23-gauge pin nails ranging from 1/2" To 2" In length
- Pro Preferred: Ranked Pro Preferred for Pneumatics 6 Years Running (2014 -2019)
- Includes: NP50A Pin Nailer, Safety Glasses, No Mar Tip -2, Case, Lubricant Oil
- Applications: For paneling, small molding, and fine trim work
You might not have heard of this model as it’s the newest model among the other models on my list. Metabo released this model in 2018.
This nailer supports nails from ½” to 2”, meaning it is providing us with the broadest range of sizes among these three models.
Like the previous two models, this model also includes a quality case, no-mar tips, safety glasses, lubricant oil.
All in all, this new member of Metabo pin nailers is quite capable of meeting your expectations, I should say. It depends on your needs, though.
The price is relatively low too.
In this Metabo 23 gauge pin nailer reviews guide, I spare no effort to find out the upsides and downsides of the three Metabo 23-gauge pin nailers.
Before I let you go, I must tell you that indeed, this brand stands behind its warranty pretty well.
Altogether, I must say, Metabo is a trusted brand that has been satisfying its customers with its quality products. These pin nailers are no exception. You can go for any of these without any doubt whatsoever.
Now it’s your turn.
Get in touch if you have anything to share with my readers.