Table of Contents
- 1 Kobalt Tools List and other detail
- 2 Where are Kobalt Tools Made?
- 3 Kobalt Tools Customer Service and warranty
- 4 Are Kobalt Tools Good?
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
- 6 Bottom Line
FramingNailersGuide is reader-supported. If you buy an item through the links on this site, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more
In modern days, how all brands have connections with each other in one way or another. If you think about it, then it’s exciting.
But sometimes, this creates confusion. Because most of the time, we determine the quality of a product with its country of origin. And this becomes even more important for renowned brands. Because sometimes companies tend to decrease the cost by sourcing from cheap places.
That shouldn’t be troubling if the quality comes outright.
And from this concern, every month around 1300 people search, “who makes Kobalt tools” on google.
However, there’s a lack of in-depth answers on the topic of who owns Kobalt Tools. And we’re here to deliver that exact answer to you.
Kobalt Tools List and other detail
Now, before starting, let’s take a quick look at this short Kobalt tools list–
Kobalt mainly makes 4 types of tools. We will list up tools for each of the types.
|Hand Tools||Power Tools||Air Tools||Outdoor Tools|
|Kobalt 227-Piece Standard (SAE) and Metric Polished Chrome Mechanics Tool Set||Kobalt 24V MAX Brushless 2 Tool Combo Kit||Kobalt 120v & 12v Portable Air Compressor||Kobalt 40-Volt Lithium-Ion (Li-ion) 350-CFM 100-MPH Medium-Duty Cordless Electric Leaf Blower|
|Kobalt 5-piece Traditional Plier Set||Kobalt 24-Volt Max 4-Tool Lithium-Ion (Li-ion) Brushless Motor Cordless Combo Kit with Soft Case||Kobalt Air Hammer With 4-Chisels||Kobalt KRC 60-06 40-Volt Lithium-Ion Standard Cordless Power Equipment Battery Charger|
Kobalt Power Tools
Kobalt has been making useful power tools for a couple of years now. Many of the Kobalt cordless tools are the favorite of professionals.
But recently, they have outperformed themselves by introducing the new and improved 24V power tool combo kit. Moreover, they have even launched a 24V max brushless tool base.
But this was only possible because of the tireless efforts of the engineers of Kobalt tools. They have rebuilt almost all the power tools from scratch. Now Kobalt power tools are one of the best tools out there.
There’s a myth in electronics that-
Increased power = increased battery size = increased weight.
Tesla was the first to revoke this myth. And Kobalt tools have proved this wrong again. Now Kobalt has powerful tools with a longer runtime at almost the same weight. The best part is that you’ll get this whole package at a competitive price.
But we have the darker side too.
Kobalt has innovated its cordless power tool line. But to be honest, it still has a long way to go. No, there’s nothing wrong with the quality because Kobalt has always kept its promise.
However, the problem is with the quantity. Till now, Kobalt has released only a few types of power tools. And most of these are very basic. In fact, until now, we only have Kobalt drills, drivers, and saws. And Kobalt has been innovating around these tools.
Now it feels like Kobalt has been making tools for the homeowners only. Because, instead of launching new power tools, Kobalt has moved to air tools like leaf blowers and stuff.
But on the other hand, professionals like to use all the necessary tools from one brand only. This allows them to get discounts and better customer service. So, only because of this reason, Kobalt hasn’t quite been able to become the brand of professionals.
Here’s our recommended list of Best Kobalt Power Tools:
- Kobalt 24-volt max 1/2-in cordless drill/driver comes with a 24-volt max 2.0Ah Li-ion battery, charger, belt clip, double-ended driver bit, bit holder, auxiliary handle and soft bag
- Kobalt 24-volt max cordless combo kit includes 1/2-in drill/driver, 1/4-in impact driver, 24-volt max high-capacity Li-ion battery and charger
- 1/4-in impact driver features a brushless motor that delivers up to 1,800-in-lbs of torque, and electronic speed control with 3 speed settings (0-850, 0-2,000 and 0-2,700 RPM)
- 1/2- in drill/driver features a long-lasting brushless motor that delivers up to 650-in-lbs of torque, 2-speed gearbox, variable-speed trigger and a keyless all-metal chuck
- 1/4-in quick-release collet allows for fast bit changes
- Built-in LEDs on both tools illuminate your work space and increase accuracy
- 1/2-in drill/driver features a brushless motor that delivers 650-in-lbs of torque, 2-speed gearbox, variable-speed trigger and a keyless, all-metal chuck for quick bit changes
- 1/4-in impact driver features a brushless motor that delivers up to 1,800-in-lbs of torque, and electronic speed control that generates up to 2,700 RPM
- Reciprocating saw features a variable-speed trigger (0-3,100-SPM), 1-1/8-in blade stroke, tool-free blade change, adjustable tool-less shoe, manual trigger lock and low vibration
- Built-in LEDs on all cordless tools illuminate your work space and increase accuracy
- LED work light with 135° rotating head provides 200 lumens, and features a convenient tool hook so it stays within reach
Kobalt Hand Tools
Kobalt produces around 12 types of hand tools. And one thing is shared among all these tool types. That is quality.
Kobalt has claimed that their hand tools will not break.
Basically, in the case of hand tools, there isn’t much to innovate. Here all one brand can do is to make long-lasting tools. And Kobalt has passed that test with flying colors.
Kobalt uses various types of steel in its hand tools. From Chrome Molybdenum Steel to Chrome Vanadium Steel, almost all types of steels have seen their way into Kobalt tools.
Moreover, Kobalt has claimed to design the products with extra care. These products claim to increase user productivity. There hasn’t been any strong scientific evidence for this claim yet.
However, we can see a few tweaks here and there while handling Kobalt tools.
The best part of Kobalt tools is that these tools are affordable. You can always say that these tools are the best bang for the bucks.
Here’s our recommended list of Best Kobalt Hand Tools:
- Includes 6" long nose pliers, 6" diagonal pliers
- 6" slip joint pliers, 7" linesman pliers and 8" groove joint pliers
- Ergonomic bi-material anti-slip grips
- Precision machined jaws
- High leverage Drop forged Chrome Nickel Steel
- This refurbished product is tested and certified to work properly. The product will have minor blemishes and/or light scratches. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, and may arrive in a generic box.
- Chrome plated blades for superior rust resistance
- High impact plastic handles with a rubber cushion grip for comfort and control
- Drop-forged chrome nickel steel
- Hardened precision jaws for enhanced grip and durability
- Over-molded grip
- Comes with handy zip-up case
Where are Kobalt Tools Made?
The answer to this question depends on which era Kobalt tools are you asking about?
Kobalt is one of the few brands that have been around for an extended period. And in this long existence period, they have been sourcing from different places.
We can divide the Kobalt manufacturing history into three phases. In each phase, Kobalt has implemented a different strategy.
The first phase stands from 1998 to 2002. In 1998, Lowe’s gave birth to Kobalt Tools. Back then, Kobalt was manufactured by J.H Williams. This firm was initially a manufacturing partner of Lowe’s. So, in the first phase, Kobalt tools were made in the USA.
Next, Danaher Corporation started producing Kobalt tools. So, Kobalt tools were made in the USA, even in the second phase (2003-2010).
Nowadays, the Kobalt tool has several manufacturers. The mechanic’s hand tools are being made in the USA by JS Products. However, the screwdrivers are made by Great Neck. And the newly added power tools are made by China and Germany-based Chevron tools.
Kobalt Tools Customer Service and warranty
Kobalt tools are the epitome of customer service. As we said earlier, Kobalt targets homeowners. And homeowners are the most sensitive bunch of people in the case of products.
If they get a negative experience once, then you’re done for. You lose a valuable customer almost instantly. And if things go south, you earn some negative reviews too. So, it’s essential to keep on giving the best customer service.
Kobalt is a smart brand because this brand has introduced a hassle-free Kobalt tools warranty. Although it’s highly unlikely that a Kobalt tool will break. But Kobalt still launched its exceptional service.
So, how does this work? You go to the nearest shop if something happens to your tool. And you can get a hassle-free service according to the brand policy.
In the case of other brands, they might ask you thousands of questions and everything. Some brands may even try to falsify your claim. Some may blame you for the damage. But the scenario is entirely different here.
The best part is that Kobalt tools come with an extraordinary guarantee offer. Some tools come with a lifetime replacement offer. Even some Kobalt electric power tools offer a limited guarantee for several years. Kobalt gives a satisfaction guarantee in tools where other brands would never try.
We would love to rate the warrantee/ guarantee and customer service of Kobalt tools as a 5/5. And we believe if someone ever gets the chance to try this service, that person would also give it perfect tens.
Are Kobalt Tools Good?
This is a tough question. The answer depends on some variables. Firstly, what is your busying type? Are you buying for your home, or are you buying for the whole firm?
If someone buys tools in bulk, then they try to buy all of the tools from the same brand. This helps in many ways. However, Kobalt lacks product criteria. So, if you don’t have a problem with buying different branded products for your team, then it’s quite okay.
Now let’s come to quality. Kobalt tools are famous for keeping their promise. This means most of the hand tools will withstand a lifetime of regular usage. In the case of cordless power tools, the story is almost the same.
Long story short, Kobalt tools will last longer than average. And along with that, you get one of the best power outputs available. For example, nearly all the Kobalt drills’ customers have expressed their happiness about the torque of the tool.
So, yeah, Kobalt tools are great.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question #1: Who sells Kobalt tools?
Answer: Various E-commerce sites, retail brands, and local shops sell Kobalt tools. But initially, Lowe’s produces and sells Kobalt tools through many channels. But this was the scenario for new tools.
If you’re interested in used tools, then there are some E-commerce sites. People sometimes sell Kobalt tools after using them for a few months. These are available on e-bay and amazon.
And Amazon has a whole different story. There’s an original Kobalt tools store on amazon. There, tools are sold at different prices throughout the year.
Question #2: Where to buy Kobalt tools?
Answer: Kobalt tools are initially owned by Lowe’s. However, we can buy these from other places too. Nowadays, most people order up the Kobalt tool they need, from Amazon.
In amazon, you can compare one tool with another and can see genuine customer reviews. But if you have a knack for holding the tools at hand, then you can always go to the local hardware shop.
However, we recommend using amazon for this. Because this is the easiest method, order up a suitable combo, and you get free delivery. Moreover, there’s this easy return policy. But ultimately buy from the place you feel comfortable with. You got the options.
We started with the question, ‘who makes Kobalt tools?’. Now we’re at the end, and we’ve discussed almost everything about Kobalt tools.
Ultimately, it’s up to you whether or not you’ll try Kobalt tools or not. But we would certainly recommend you use these tools. Now, go and order up some Kobalt tools. Try out the Kobalt experience. We believe you won’t regret it. Good luck.