Table of Contents
- 1 Amico Welder Reviews in 2021
- 2 Who Makes Amico Welders?
- 3 How we wrote this review?
- 4 Amico Welders Alternatives
- 5 Final Verdict
FramingNailersGuide is reader-supported. If you buy an item through the links on this site, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more
Since 1995, Amico had been a brand that welders are talking about a lot.
Over time, they have gained nothing but constant and increasing appreciation from fellow welders.
So, there must be some killer models of welders that beat off the other similar models in terms of price and quality, right?
We’ve been concerned about this question for quite some time, and ended up with this article.
Here, we’ve picked up three of the best Amico welder reviews of the market in 2021 and ordered them in an ascending manner.
Take a moment and consider going through the whole post-
Amico Welder Reviews in 2021
Here’s the updated list of Best Amico Welders we found on the market today.
#1. Amico 160 Amp Digital Display LCD Stick ARC Welder
- ARC-160 is a professional Stick Arc and Lift-TIG combo welding machine with an industrial level design. It is compatible with all electrodes: E6010, E6011, E6013, E7014, E7018, etc. The machine has an excellent Lift-TIG arc welding function; 5-160A comfortably welds thin stainless steel and other various metals.
- Automatic selection feature detects input voltage automatically, allowing you to easily switch between 100~250V/50~60Hz input power. Almost all of the voltages and frequencies can be used. Adjustable arc force settings allow you to meet your custom welding needs.
- Incorporates advanced IGBT inverter technology with superior arc characteristics and has excellent arc stability. 80% duty cycle at 160 amps ensures long time welding and the machine can still work normally with an extended power cord up to 700 feet. The power cord can resist power fluctuations and cable attenuation at any length.
- ARC-160 has very powerful functions, making it easy to start and use. The machine has a built-in hot start function, anti-stick function, thrust adjustment function, current-intensity control function, and automatic compensation for voltage fluctuations: over-voltage protection, under-voltage protection, over-current protection, and over-load protection.
- ARC-160 Stick Arc with Lift-TIG can achieve the perfect weld. It is a welding machine of the highest level; the strength of its components makes it a reliable work tool for professionals or individuals. Package includes 7 feet of power cord, 10 feet of 300-Amp electrode holder assembly, 10 feet of 300-Amp grounding clamp assembly, and a 230V to 115V power adapter.
There are many times when beginner and intermediate welder get stuck at adjusting and understanding those bulky welding machines. What they need is a compact, lightweight machine that is good at its job, and easy to operate.
Amico had brought up exactly one of those kinds, which has the name Amico 160 Amp Digital Display LCD Stick ARC Welder.
It’s our #1 ranked pick for today’s list, and let’s breaks down its features-
Features and Benefits
Dual Voltage Compatibility
We all have household AC outlets that run on 115V. Where the commercial or industrial outlets run on 230V. So, if you want to pick up a welder that can be used both in a home garage and your worksites, it’s a must for the welder to be compatible with both 115V and 230V. And this welder from Amico comes with exactly that feature.
A Safe Model against Electric Mishaps
It’s not a rare incident that there comes a sudden rise of voltage or ampere while you’re working with a welder. To save up your welder from getting damaged, you might consider buying a voltage stabilizer. But not anymore, if you stick to this model. It has in-built protection from voltage, current, and load fluctuation.
Simple and Easy to Operate
We can call up this welder a perfect pick for beginner or intermediate level welding. As the operating process and steps are pretty easy to understand, anybody will adapt to its uses quickly.
Stable Arc with Adjustable Current
It’s irritating for a welder when the arc intensity drops off and on while working. To make it checked, this model comes with a perfect and stable arc production system. With the adjustable controller, you can set the arc heat as per your need.
An Efficient Welding Machine for All Purpose
Efficiency is, of course, one of the first and foremost ways to recognize a welding machine’s effectiveness. As long as you are working with a 90% useful welder, things will look a lot better on the job. Yeah, this model comes with that much efficiency at works.
#2. Amico 200 Amp TIG Torch/Arc/Stick DC Inverter Welder
- Powerful welder capable of welding up to 3/8 inch Stainless steel, Alloy steel, Mild steel,
- The full-size TIG & Stick platform, outperforming the competition on arc quality, voltage
- This is optimized to deliver a flawless weld, making spatter and post-weld cleanup almost non-existent
- Dual Voltage Input (110V/230V) means you can plug into any common power supply
- TIG torch & cable 13ft, Electrode holder & cable 300A /10ft, Work clamp & cable
The previous product that we’ve picked up from Amico’s inventory was for beginning and intermediate chores. But if you are serious about a real professional’s welder weapon, the Amico 200 Amp TIG Torch/Arc/Stick DC Inverter Welder is for you.
Unlike typical 160-ampere output range, it has got an impressive 200 amp output at max. Apart from the ampere output rest of the factors are praiseworthy. Let’s have a look at the broken down specs below-
Features and Benefits
20-200A Output High-Quality TIG Welder
The model we’re up to right now can provide an output amperage of 20-200A, which is pretty much excellent for mid to high-level welding jobs. No matter how thick the duty cycle is, it will keep on supplying that kind of amperage in welding.
Long Duty Cycle, Perfect for Continuous Works
The duty cycle of this welding machine is 60% at a voltage of 230V, and around 50-55% at a voltage of 115V. As you know, this welder can work on both voltage ranges of 115V and 230V, and provide continuous support at both.
4 Types of Welding Process in 1 Machine
Although the name of this welder machine suggests it as a TIG type welder, there are other sorts of welding processes that it can take over. The list concludes Stick welding, ARC welding, and MMA welding. Based on what type of workpieces you are dealing with, you can choose from the list of these four.
Comes with Three Different Sizes of Electrodes
With the machine itself, you can get to use three different kinds of electrode sizes, which is a rare virtue for TIG welders of this level. You will get a couple of ⅛ inches electrodes, a couple of 3/32 inches of electrodes, and a couple of 5/64 inches of electrodes.
No Post Welding Cleanup
An essential factor that most of the welders look over is, what and how much the post-welding cleanup process will be. In the case of this welder, we’re talking about; the post-welding clean-up almost doesn’t exist. The welding output is quite flawless, so you don’t have a whole lot of mess around the welding area.
Works in Two Kinds of Voltages
Although it’s a common virtue of many good quality welding machines, we think it’s mention-worthy once again. No matter it’s the household 115V environment or the commercial 230V environment, this welder will work just fine.
Can-Weld On several Metal Types
Let’s present the best feature at the last, and that its ability to work with almost any kind of metals used in regular workshops. No matter it’s stainless steel, copper, mild steel, alloy steel, or cast iron, the TIG-200 will work just fine.
#3. Amico TIG-185 / 180 Amp HF TIG Torch/Stick/Arc Welder
- Multifunction: TIG/ stick/ arc 2-in-1 welder
- Tig-185 is ideal for high frequency TIG torch with stick/arc welder, hf start-easy arc starting and improvers Tungsten life
- Advanced IGBT Inverter technology, excellent arc stability, 15-180 amps very suitable weld thin work piece and thick work piece
- Automatic compensation for voltage fluctuation, over-voltage protection, under voltage protection, over current protection, over load protection
- Automatic temperature control, fan dormancy, steeples amperage control, all generators friendly, 115V/230V dual voltage input, all machines tested in the USA
So far, we have been talking about two of the best Amico welders on this list. One of them was for the beginner’s end, and another is for professional usage. But the third one that we’re about to discuss is an in-between of these two.
Why do we say that? Well, the max ampere output of this model is 185A, which is between 160(the 1st Amico welder) and 200(the 2nd Amico welder).
So, in case you are looking forward to something like this, let’s break down the features below-
Features and Benefits
High-Frequency TIG and ARC output
This welder from Amico has an excellent reputation for providing constant welding support at high frequency. When you are dealing with materials like Tungsten, this is the feature that you will be looking for.
An Amperage Display for Easy Reading
No matter how experienced a welder you are, you always love to have knowledge of what ampere the welder machine is running at. To help you in this regard, this welder has got an LCD on it.
15-185A Output Range
Like we have said in the early introduction, this welder machine can provide an output of 15-180A. This is, however, a perfect range to feed both thin and thick types of workpieces.
Compensation from Voltage Fluctuation
There is an automatic compensation from voltage fluctuation, which enriches its safety side. No matter whether there is a voltage drop, current change, or load variation, the internal electronics of this welder machine won’t be hurt.
Flawless Constant Welding Support
You can call it a common virtue of Amico welders, but these welders can indeed provide comprehensive welding support. Due to the heavy-duty cycle, you can get that for even 8-10 hours of welding a day. And a side benefit of this is, you don’t have to handle the post-welding mess either.
Automatic Temperature Control
The high temperature in welding machines can sometimes be dangerous and prone to unexpected incidents. To check that fact, there is an automatic temperature controller in this device, which leads to safe and sound operation. Apart from the temperature, the amperage control is made to be steeples. On top of that, all of these machines are tested and passed in USA-standard processes.
Read Also: Best 110v Amico and Reboot Arc Welders.
Who Makes Amico Welders?
Amico is an American brand, which has a rich product line regarding welding and welding accessories. Initially, their products had been manufactured and assembled in the USA. But later on, they have joined the row of many welding and electronics suppliers in the USA and started outsourcing the parts and parcels from China, Taiwan, and similar countries.
That being said, Amico still assembles most of its welding products in the USA. And there is a USA-standard testing process through which they take their products to ensure optimal quality.
How we wrote this review?
While selecting the three best Amico welders for this list, we have considered several factors. In case you are interested in our process of evaluating these products, here you go-
By usability, there come several things in a welding machine. We have checked whether these machines can run on dual voltage, we have looked for easy to operate welders, and so on.
The Arc Stability
Nothing will make it up if the arc quality is not stable in welding. Therefore, this had been one of our top priorities throughout the selection process.
In case you need two men to lift a single portable welder, that’s not what you will go for, right? We’ve kept that in mind, and therefore, lightweight and compactness had been two of our essential factors.
Amico Welders Alternatives
There are few other best welder brands are available on the market in 2020. Read these honest and unbiased buying guides to find the best welder for your projects.
#1. Esab Rebel Welders
#2. Klutch Welding machines
#3. Lincoln Handy Mig Welder
#4. Vulcan Welders
#5. Eastwood Welders
#6. HYL Welders
#7. Hobart Welders
#8. Forney Welder
#9. Vulcan Omnipro 220 Welder
#10. Chicago Electric Welder
So, that’s the wrap-up, guys. If you have got a positive vibe about Amico- the brand, this might be quite informative for you.
From the list of three of the Amico welder reviews, hopefully, you’ve been picked up your one.