Table of Contents
FramingNailersGuide is reader-supported. If you buy an item through the links on this site, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more
Last Updated on December 22, 2022 by John Patterson
Welding is no longer just for professionals. With a quality 3-in-1 welder like Amico, anyone can be a welder!
Amico is one of the best 3-in-1 welders manufacturers today and has been around since 1995.
These days they are known as a leading manufacturer of industrial welding equipment with an international presence.
What sets Amico apart from other brands?
The answer to that question is simple: their patented Smart-Slide technology makes all the difference in versatility.
You can use these machines for MIG or flux-cored welding processes using gasless wire spools or gas cylinders (with adapters). This means you get everything you need to do any welding tasks.
This review will give you a detailed guide on the top 3 Amico 3 in 1 welders with their exclusive features and benefits.
So, let’s get the ball rolling.
Amico 3-in-1 Welder Review | Best 3-in-1 Welders
#1. Amico MTS-165 Review: 3-in-1 combo welder
- MTS-165 capable of welding up to 1/4" aluminum,...
- Advanced IGBT technology, featured wave-form...
- Synergic controlled, very clear wire melting...
- Using high quality wire feeding machine(iron) to...
- Automatic compensation for voltage fluctuation,...
- Amico Power MTS-165 multifunction professional combo welder is an excellent choice for projects and repairs around the home or auto body shop.
- The unit has an output tone of up to 1A, which means it can weld up to 1/4″ aluminum, alloyed steel (mild), stainless steel wire rod, cast iron, and copper.
- And this versatile 3-in-1 combo welding machine also comes with extra accessories such as TIG torch gun assembly, MIG torch gun assembly, work clamp assembly, electrode holder assembly, power adapter (240V to 120V), Quick manual & Owner’s Manual, plus many more tools to make your project easier!
- Portable welders are top-rated but don’t have the power you need for heavier jobs. The Amico Power MTS-165 is an excellent solution to this problem because it offers portable convenience with the strength of a commercial welding machine.
- It’s an excellent choice for both hobbyists and professionals who need high-quality welding on the move.
- This versatile welder with Advanced IGBT technology can do everything from light-duty spot welding to heavy-duty construction work, and it can even be used as an arc cutter or grinder!
- You’ll love how easy it is to use, and you’ll never have to worry about running out of power when you’re in the middle of a job.
- This wire-melting droplet transfer device has a professional output that is extremely easy, fast, and precise to use with very few spatters on the surface area or surrounding environment.
- This 3-in-1 combo welder is powered by a standard power supply with an input voltage of 100-240 volts to plug in and provide hours of uninterrupted welding.
- The automatic voltage compensation protects your welding machine from electrical fluctuations to protect against damage caused by power outages, over-voltage, and under-voltage protection.
- The 3-in-1 combo Arc welding machine is equipped with various accessories, such as an automatic control gas solenoid valve installed inside that ensures good quality welds every time.
- The US Standards are followed for all parts and interfaces, making it easy to work when you need one too!
- We didn’t find any critical disadvantages, but you need to handle the Arc welding machine carefully.
- A bit expensive.
Key Features and Benefits
Welding is a skill that requires years of training and practice to master. It’s also an expensive hobby, especially once you start buying all the tools like torches, gas tanks, and wires.
Amico Power developed a 3-in-1 welder with a solid or flux core and aluminum wire. This means it can handle everything from MIG welding to TIG welding to stick welding to buy multiple machines for different jobs.
The Amico Power MTS-165 is perfect for anyone who wants to do some home and auto body repairs without taking classes at a vocational school or watching YouTube videos about how each type of weld works.
It comes with everything needed in one box, including safety gear and accessories, making it easy for any beginner looking for an entry-level welding machine they can use around the house or garage without spending hundreds of dollars.
Its output range is 10-165 amps with standard flux-core wire(E71-gs), steel wire 0.6-0.9mm, and aluminum wire 0.4-.08mm thickness.
#2. Amico CTS-160 Review: 30-Amp Plasma Cutter 3-IN-1 COMBO WELDER
No products found.
- The Amico Power CTS-160, 30-Amp Plasma Cutter 3-IN-1 COMBO WELDER, is affordable with all the features you need.
- It’s designed for fan dormancy steeples amperage control, automatic temperature control, and all generator friendly.
- This 3-in-1 combo welding machine will deliver a flawless weld every time without any spatter or post-weld cleanup. Plus, it has been tested in the USA and has a one-year warranty.
- The operation is a bit complicated.
Key Features and Benefits
You’re looking for a plasma cutter that can handle all your welding needs and is easy to use.
The Amico Power CTS-160 is the best solution because it’s fast, powerful, versatile, and highly reliable.
This 3-in-1 combo welding machine combines three different types of welding into one device, so you don’t have to switch back and forth between tools.
It comes with a durable industrial design made from high-quality materials that will last for years without breaking down on you.
This advanced IGBT technology makes it easy to use with simple operation.
You won’t find another device like this on the market today!
Rest easy knowing Amico will take care of all your welding needs.
#3. Amico CTS-180 Review: 3-IN-1 COMBO WELDER
- Combo 3-in-1 multifunction Plasma Cutter/TIG...
- Advanced IGBT technology, synergic controlled,...
- Featured wave-form control system: perfect wave...
- Automatic compensation for voltage fluctuation,...
- Automatic temperature control, fan dormancy,...
- The Amico Power CTS-180 is the perfect welder for any job.
- It can cut up to 3/4″ steel and weld up to 1/2″. With this welding machine, you’ll be able to tackle any project with ease.
- This 3-in-1 combo welding machine will make your life easier by providing professional quality welding without all the hassle of other devices.
- Plus, it’s backed by a one-year warranty in case anything goes wrong!
- As with the previous model, the operation is a bit complicated.
- It would help if you handled this welding machine with extra care.
- A bit pricey.
Key Features and Benefits
You need to repair an old appliance or furniture, but you don’t have a welder.
Suppose you’re looking for a reliable and affordable portable welding machine that can handle most of your basic needs. In that case, the Amico CTS-180 new digitally controlled plasma cutter is the right choice for you.
Its compact design makes it easy to store away when unused, and its lightweight body allows on-site portability work.
The Amico 3-in-1 Combo Welding Machine has been designed with ease of use in mind so that anyone can weld like a pro!
The CTS 180 offers the perfect solution if you want to take up welding as a hobby or as part of your business.
With just one welding machine, this combo welder will perform all three types of welding (stick arc, TIG, and plasma cutting), making it incredibly versatile and suitable for both beginners & professionals alike!
What is the best 3-in-1 welder?
Typically, the best welders are the ones that have all three welding processes: Stick, MIG, and TIG.
The number of features and types of welding processes varies depending on your needs and budget.
If you’re willing to spend a little more money than some excellent multiprocessing welders, include the following:
LOTOS CT520D, FORNEY Easy Weld 140 MP, SÜA IONMIG 200 MULTIPROCESS WELDER, EVERLAST POWERMTS, LINCOLN ELECTRIC POWER MIG, ESAB REBEL EMP215IC PROFESSIONAL-GRADE WELDER.
What is the best Multi-process welder for the money?
The Everlast 211Si or Millers’ Multimatic 220 will be a good choice if you want something compact and portable.
If convenience and low noise output are vital factors, Lincoln MIG210 would be an excellent choice.
Otherwise, Forney 410 would be the one to go with – mainly because it has very few welding defects (which is critical).
You can’t go wrong with any of the welders on this list.
All offer a lot for the money, and most welders have their pros and cons depending on the job you need to accomplish.
On average, I like Miller Multimatic 220 better than the Lincoln MIG210 or Forney 322 due to its range of features – but they all may have different needs – so it’s up to you which one might be best suited for your needs!
What is the best all-around welder?
The Lincoln Electric K2185-1 is the most well-known all-around welder on the market. It can weld just about everything from thin steel to thick metal and has an extensive list of safety qualities.
Another good all-around welder for welding anything metal, light, or heavy is the Weldpro 200.
The Forney Easy Weld 261 is great if you’re looking for something more portable since it’s self-contained and requires no ventilation.
What is a good welder for a beginner?
MIG welders are among the best type for beginners, as they’re designed with a safety feature that makes it very easy to make mistakes without hurting oneself.
They also allow quicker and smoother welding than some other types of welders.
The challenge for a beginner will be finding enough time to practice using the welder before creating good-quality joints on their own.
One way around this problem is by joining an in-person welding class near you or online.
Another option would be to watch a few videos on how to use your specific welder, if possible, so you can review them later when you don’t have access to someone who knows what they’re doing for help.
Should I get a multiprocess welder?
Multiprocess welders can be worth it for home hobbyists or professionals.
They offer professional-level functionality with many different welding techniques at the same price as a cheap single-process welder. Still, they usually trade away durability for weight and space savings.
If you’re looking for extreme portability or if you’ll be using your welder very often, a multiprocess welder might be a great choice because of the convenience and interchangeable heads, which give maximum versatility when dealing with different materials.
However, if you plan on welding infrequently, like once per month or less than that (10 times per year), it’s more cost-effective in terms of upfront costs to buy both a stick welder & MIG welder.
We hope this blog post has helped you understand the benefits of each type of welder.
If you are still unsure what equipment is best for your needs, feel free to reach out and ask us any questions about our in-depth reviews.
One thing is sure, Amico Power offers some genuinely incredible 3-in-1 welding machines that can suit anyone’s budget.
Our team would happily answer all your questions or help with anything else on the website!