Table of Contents
- 1 Best Digital Torque Wrenches Reviews of 2021
- 1.1 #1. ACDelco ARM602-4 1/2″ Digital Torque Adapter
- 1.2 #2. GearWrench 85077 ½” Drive Digital Torque Wrench
- 1.3 #3. ACDelco ARM601-4 1/2″ Digital Torque Wrench
- 1.4 #4. CDI 1002CF3 Drive Computorq 3 Digital Torque Wrench
- 1.5 #5. ACDelco Tools ARM303 Torque Wrench
- 2 What to look for when buying a digital Torque Wrench?
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 3.1 #1. Question: What is a torque wrench?
- 3.2 #2. Question: What is a torque wrench used for?
- 3.3 #3. Question: How to set a torque wrench?
- 3.4 #4. Question: How much is a torque wrench?
- 3.5 #5. Question: How to use a torque wrench inch pounds?
- 3.6 #6. Question: What is the best torque wrench for lug nuts?
- 3.7 #7. Question: How to use a click torque wrench?
- 3.8 #8. Question: How to read a torque wrench scale?
- 3.9 #9. Question: What does a torque wrench look like?
- 3.10 #10. Question: What is the best torque wrench for motorcycles?
- 4 Final Verdict
FramingNailersGuide is reader-supported. If you buy an item through the links on this site, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more
Last Updated on March 22, 2021 by John Patterson
If you’re a serious mechanic, tightening nuts in the wrong way is the last thing you might wish. While they’re not set at proper torque, it may lead to loosening up bolts, over-tightened, and many more critical threats.
So what do we do?
Well, in 2021, we’re lucky enough to have a digital kit that would be in rescue. I’m talking about digital torque wrenches, which do the torque measurement on behalf of you and indicate the correct point when you’ve to stop tightening.
Although the task seems to be so simple, once you get one of the high-quality digital torque wrenches in hand, you’ll see how impactfully it boosts up your work.
But that’s not the end of the story. Before earning these perks, you’ve to handle the hassle of finding the best digital torque wrench. Among hundreds of models and brands, that seems to be a hard nut to crack.
Worry not, we’ve conducted 27-hour long research to analyze almost every familiar digital torque wrenches. And the article you’re in right now is the crafted copy of the study.
What it contains is a first-hand review of 5 high-quality digital torque wrenches of the market, backed up with a complete buyer’s guide.
Seems interesting? Let’s get going-
Best Digital Torque Wrenches Reviews of 2021
#1. ACDelco ARM602-4 1/2″ Digital Torque Adapter
- EASY TO USE – Our lightweight, heavy duty, and professional (14.8 to 147.6 ft-lbs.) digital torque adapter is engineered with high-quality materials that displays real-time torque values in ft-lbs. and Nm. Excellent tool for tiny, tight, and narrow working environments, but also reliable torque values that is ideal for professionals, automotive, motor bikes, and many other industrial uses.
- SUPERIOR QUALITY – ACDelco is long known for its stellar quality and this tool is no different. It offers speed, accuracy, and an easy to read LCD screen that beeps when a desired torque value is achieved. Our digital torque adapter is also highly efficient, with longer lifespan and industrial grade material engineered to last years or even decades to come with proper uses.
- VERSATILE – Converts any ratchet wrench into a precision adjustment tool with stunningly accurate calibration for existing digital and analog torque wrenches. Lightweight hard plastic housing with ergonomic hand-sized design that provides convenience for operating, storage, and traveling.
- VALUE KIT – Our kit comes with a digital torque adapter, a manual of instructions and guidance, and a mini hard-shell case that protects and secures the tool once it is done using. This tool is powered by 2-coin batteries (CR2032 – included).
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED – For over 35 years we have been manufacturing and providing the best products and services to our customers at the lowest prices possible. We are confident that you will absolutely love our digital torque adapter that we will stand behind our product with a replacement or your money back! Every purchase comes with a manufacturer’s limited 1-year warranty, so you can buy with confidence!
The ACDelco ARM602-4 Digital Torque Adapter is the first on our list for a number of reasons. It is a high-quality digital torque wrench that is capable of providing a static torque measurement.
Comparing to any convenient best digital torque wrench, there is a lot more it can provide. Check out its features to see what else this digital torque wrench has to offer.
Features & Benefits
The standard functions that this torque adapter includes are measurement setting, torque setting, and mode setting. With the help of these settings, you can easily measure the torque.
In this adapter, you will get an LCD display. This function turns a regular ratchet into a digital one. With this display, you can view 4 different units of measurement. Because of the digital view, you will get accurate readings every time you use this adapter.
Some people like clockwise and some like an anti-clockwise direction while operating with a torque adapter. But this one can operate in both directions. So, this one is less complicated to work with.
This is a very lightweight adapter weighing only 0.31 lbs. It runs on a coin cell battery and so there is not much weight added. More importantly, you will have the batteries included.
In this torque adapter, you will find a buzzer. This buzzer is there to help with Audible torque confirmation. So, when you need to confirm reading this buzzer will notify you quickly.
The ACDelco ARM602-4 Digital Torque Adapter seems to be a good bang for the buck. The way it shows up the measurements, and allows them to put control on it- is beginner-friendly.
Although you have to apply the force slowly, this is not a significant drawback. This digital torque wrench is one of the best because of its unique features, and you will undoubtedly be benefited if you pick this one.
#2. GearWrench 85077 ½” Drive Digital Torque Wrench
- “Target torque alert” gives a warning as you approach the target torque; vibrating handle, buzzer, and solid LED light indicate when target is reached
- 72 Tooth ratchet mechanism with a 5° swing arc allows you to turn fasteners in tight spaces
- Handle and housing are oil and solvent resistant, protecting the tool from harmful agents and keeping your hands in place
- 5 torque measurement units provide a readout in Nm, ft lb, In pounds, kgf m, and kg cm
- Torque accuracy of +/ 2 percent CW and +/ 3 percent CCW between 20 percent and 100 percent of wrench capability
The GearWrench 85077 Digital Torque Wrench is the second one in our list and one of the best-rated models. One thing we like the most is that it comes with a storage case. There is very few this type of digital torque wrenches that provide this advantage.
You can find out more about this one below-
Features & Benefits
The GearWrench 85077 Electronic type can digitally measure torque. For being digital, it is entirely accurate. On top of that, it is straightforward to use compared to an analog device.
With the setting of this excellent tool, you will get a storage case. This case will help you to keep all kinds of stuff organized, and therefore you will not lose any component. And the instructions for use are also included for your benefit.
You can work in both clockwise and counterclockwise directions using this gear wrench. So, it gives you a lot of flexibility in doing your experiment. Also, this feature allows you to have more accurate output compared to other gear digital torque wrenches.
When you reach your desired readings, this gear wrench will alert you with specific sounds and vibrations. So, you don’t have to continually check the readings now and then to know if the texts have reached your desired limit.
With this gear wrench, you will also get a plastic handle. This handle will give you a comfortable grip when you are holding the wrench. So, operating with this gear wrench will be more accurate.
To prevent the bolts from getting over torqued, there are multiple alerts installed in this digital torque wrench. The handle will vibrate to alert you. Also, there is a buzzer that will make sounds. There is an LED light indicator for notifications as well.
Just because you have separately purchased the batteries doesn’t mean it is not a quality digital torque wrench. Many models come with an array but queue they are not nearly as efficient as the GearWrench 85077 Digital Torque Wrench. So, if you pick this one, you will surely be happy working with this tool.
#3. ACDelco ARM601-4 1/2″ Digital Torque Wrench
- [Advanced Technology]: 9.9 to 99 foot pounds torque range with LED flashing / vibration / buzzer alarm when torque is reached. Easy to read LCD display with measurements (kg-cm, N-m, in-lb. ft-lb)
- [Multiple Setting Functions]: Torque, Measurement, and, Peak & Trace, Mode Settings. (Torque setting range: 10% of max torque value. Measuring range: 4 to 99 ft-lbs. )
- [High Accuracy]: 2% clockwise 3% CCW of indicated value, CW, from 20% to 100% of full scale.
- [Quality Assurance]: Meets or exceeds ASME B107. 14-2004, ISO 6789 standards, individually serialized with matching certificate of calibration traceable to N. I. S. T.
- Uses 2x AAA Batteries. One-year limited manufacturer warranty
Another high-quality digital torque wrench from ACDelco is the ACDelco ARM601-4 Digital Torque Wrench. We found some fantastic features like quick release options and reversible ratchet while we were examining this digital torque wrench. We have shared our research right here to let you know everything about this model.
Features & Benefits
In the ACDelco ARM601-4 best Digital Torque Wrench, there is an LCD display included. This display is straightforward to read and will give you accurate readings. You can get the readings in in-lb., kg-cm, and N-m, measurements. So this helps you to have the most accurate result you can ask for.
In this digital torque wrench, both quick release and the reversible ratchet are added. The quick-release function helps to save time for the job. On the other hand, the ratchet provides higher efficiency for your job.
Here you will also get an anti-slip grip. This grip makes it very easy for you to handle the wrench. Not only that but also you will feel comfortable and safe to use this wrench because of the grip. So you can keep using it as long as you need it.
To operate this wrench requires just 3 AAA batteries. Because of this feature, this wrench is one of the most light-weighted digital torque wrenches that you will find on the market.
When you reach your desired torque, there will be a buzzer to alert you about it. Aside from the buzzer, there is also an LED indicator as well. So, either way, you can get notifications accurately when the torque reaches.
If you can get the most promising results with a tool, there is no loss to spend a little extra behind that tool. I know that most of us don’t like to get a tool like this at a higher cost because we don’t always use them. But in this case, you can make an exception because it is certainly worth it.
#4. CDI 1002CF3 Drive Computorq 3 Digital Torque Wrench
- Made in the United States
- 10 to 100 foot pounds
- Displays real time torque values in any of four torque units
- 15 degree flex ratcheting head
- Ergonomically designed molded non slip rubber grip
While searching for the best torque wrenches, we found a model that is capable of giving the most efficient notifications you can ask for. We are talking about the CDI 1002CF3 Digital Torque Wrenches reviews here.
This wrench is the most efficient one we found so far when it comes to giving notifications. There a lot more it offers. We have added the features below.
Features & Benefits
The CDI 1002CF3 Electronic Torque Wrench is very simple to use. Because of having a digital readout, you can have an accurate result displayed without error. It also shows the value of torque in four different units.
You can set the desired torque value in this wrench. And after that, when you apply force, you can keep going until the LED indicator turns green. This indicator shows whether you reached your limit or not. So, you don’t have to check the limit if you use this wrench manually.
This wrench will support you in different types of work situations. For example, you can use it for aircraft applications, watercraft, motorcycles, automotive, and industrial applications as well.
This best digital torque wrench features a new design that is very sleek. Also, there is a flex ratcheting head of 15 degrees. Aside from that, there is a socket release head or push-button that will help you to release quickly.
You only need lithium-ion batteries to run this wrench. This battery provides a long life of torque. Also, the ergonomically designed rubber grip is non-slip. So you can hold on to the wrench easily without slipping it away.
This torque wrench can remember the last torque value and unit you have set. So, with this feature, you don’t have to rewrite the same value you have given before.
There is an audible tone that sounds if you reach the desired torque value. And if by any chance you exceed the value, an alarm will start to notify and make you aware of the situation.
To sum it up, this wrench is quite high-end and is capable of doing a lot compared to other digital torque wrenches. So, if you need your wrench to be more accurate, then you can without a doubt choose this one. Spending a little extra will not be your loss in this case.
#5. ACDelco Tools ARM303 Torque Wrench
- EASY TO USE – Our lightweight, heavy duty, and professional (12.5 to 250.7 ft-lbs.) torque digital torque wrench is engineered with high-quality materials that displays real-time torque values, settings, battery level, measurement modes in (Kg-cm, N-m, in-lbs., and ft-lbs.). Excellent tool for tiny, tight, and narrow working environment, but also reliable torque values that is ideal for professionals, automotive, motor bikes, and many other industrial uses.
- SUPERIOR QUALITY – ACDelco is long known for its stellar quality and this tool is no different. It offers speed, accuracy, and an easy to read LCD screen that beeps when a desired torque value is achieved. Our digital torque wrench is also highly efficient, with longer lifespan and industrial grade alloy metal engineered to last years or even decades to come with proper uses.
- USER-FRIENDLY – Lightweight composite housing and harden steel alloy body construction with ergonomic soft grip handle design provides comfort for long working hours and a secure grip for maximum control and steadiness. Slim body design molded to securely fit and balance hand torque to help reduce vibration and fatigue with less wear on your hands.
- VALUE KIT – Our kit comes with a digital torque wrench, a manual of instructions and guidance, and a hard-shell case that protects and secures the tool once it is done using. This tool is powered by 2 AA batteries (not included).
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED – For over 35 years we have been manufacturing and providing the best products and services to our customers at the lowest prices possible. We are confident that you will absolutely love our digital torque wrench that we will stand behind our product with a replacement or your money back! Every purchase comes with a manufacturer’s limited 1-year warranty, so you can buy with confidence!
What if you can use your wrench to get a good range of measurements, which usually is not found in most other digital torque wrenches? With the ACDelco Tools ARM303 Torque Wrench, you will get this feature and much more.
ACDelco has already proven how amazing their digital torque wrenches are and this one is no different. You can check out all of its features below that we found through our research.
Features & Benefits
Unlike most other high-quality digital torque wrenches, the ACDelco Tools ARM303 Wrench is capable of working with an angle of 720 degrees. So, you can get a more accurate measurement if you use this wrench.
In this wrench, there is more memory capacity than any other torque wrench you find. So, you will be able to store more data in this torque wrench compared to other digital torque wrenches.
By operating in both clockwise and anti-clockwise directions, this wrench provides more accurate results than most other digital torque wrenches. The accuracy is +-1.5% for clockwise and; +- 2.5% for anti-clockwise direction.
There is an LCD backlight display available in this wrench. This display not only shows the value of the torque when you reached your desired value but also shows the battery life and different modes of measurement. The modes are N-m or kg-cm, ft-lb, and in-lb.
There are features of LED flashing & vibration to notify you when the value of the torque reaches your desired value. Also, if the value exceeds, there is a buzzer alarm to inform you as well.
Though the build quality of this wrench is not quite sturdy, it surely is one of the most efficient digital torque wrenches according to our research. And if you like the features we have given about this one, you should pick this one as it is more user-friendly and also budget-friendly for you.
What to look for when buying a digital Torque Wrench?
You have already seen all the necessary information. But how can you choose the best one? What are the things you should keep in mind? Here is a quick buying guide to help you out.
The accuracy of the torque is the most important part you have to consider before you choose a wrench. Because the more accurate a wrench is the better results, you will have.
You can know about the accuracy by seeing how many units it can measure and the highest angle the wrench can bend.
While using a wrench comfort is one of the most important parts you need to keep in mind. If you are not comfortable working with your tool, then you can never have an efficient output.
So, check the grips and weights and everything that makes you comfortable with the tool before you pick a quality torque wrench.
Torque Wrench Sizes
This size refers to the size of the nut a wrench can be used for. There are four different sizes of nuts available worldwide. And to be compatible with all the different sizes, torque wrenches are also found in these four sizes. These sizes are given below.
This size of torque wrench is used to tighten the nut that is ¼” in size.
This is the size of a torque wrench that is used to make a nut of 3/8″ tight.
For a ½” nut size, a ½” drive torque wrench is used.
Finally for a nut size of ¾,” a torque of this type of drive is necessary.
The performance of this type of wrench depends upon the quality of the tool. A high-end or good-quality torque wrench will provide better performance. On the other hand, a low-end wrench will do vice versa.
However, high-end torque wrenches are more costly than low-end ones. So, you have to keep this in mind and pick the best one within your budget.
You need to pick a wrench that provides all the necessary features like a good quality battery, good display, and notification system. But for the best torque wrench, there are a lot more features than just this one.
Features like a good grip, good build quality, and lightweight everything is included for the top torque wrench. In our reviews, you have seen that all the torque wrenches here have pretty much all the cool features we have given above.
We are going to be straightforward with you at this point. A good grip means you will do your job more efficiently and without a good grip, there is no good efficiency you can expect. So, while purchasing a wrench, make sure you have checked the grip to see if it’s comfortable for you or not.
Number of torque measurements
The range of how much torque you can measure using a torque wrench refers to the number of torque measurements. You should be able to measure more torque with your wrench. Because the more, the better. So, keep this feature in mind when you pick a torque wrench.
Frequently Asked Questions
#1. Question: What is a torque wrench?
Answer: A wrench is used to apply torque to a bolt loosen or tighten up a nut for a different purpose. For example car wheel nut, or different nuts in motorcycles, etc.
#2. Question: What is a torque wrench used for?
Answer: Usually it is used for making a nut lose or tight. The nut may be attached to a car wheel, or it may be on any other parts of a machine. However, torque wrenches are used for nuts in short.
#3. Question: How to set a torque wrench?
Answer: To set it properly, firstly you have to rotate the knob counter-clockwise. Then you have to look for the numbers that are listed vertically above the handle of the wrench. Next, you have to find some other numbers that are wrapped around the handle of the wrench.
Then you have to turn this handle so that you can adjust the torque setting. Thus you can set the wrench to a torque value you need. If you don’t know how torque wrenches work, read this article and use a torque wrench like an expert.
#4. Question: How much is a torque wrench?
Answer: Depending on the features, brand, and quality a wrench can be found from 10$ to 200$.
#5. Question: How to use a torque wrench inch pounds?
Answer: Generally the wrench comes in foot found but if you have a torque wrench in inch-pound then don’t worry. You can still use the torque wrench just like a regular one. Just keep in mind that 1 foot is equal to 12 inches, so you need to set the value by multiplying it with 12. That’s all.
#6. Question: What is the best torque wrench for lug nuts?
Answer: A torque with more than +/- 4% accuracy is the best torque wrench for lug nuts. Our top choice is TEKTON 1/2″ Drive Click Torque Wrench (paid link).
#7. Question: How to use a click torque wrench?
Answer: Using a click type is similar to any other torque wrench. All you have to do is to keep your ears open to hear a click from the wrench. Because the click will indicate that the value has reached your desired one.
#8. Question: How to read a torque wrench scale?
Answer: If the wrench is foot-pound then one line of the scale will refer to one foot. And if the scale is in inch-pound, then the line refers to an inch. That is the quickest way you can read a scale of a torque wrench.
#9. Question: What does a torque wrench look like?
Answer: It is a long stick-like tool that has a handle and a head-shaped semi-round where the nut fits.
#10. Question: What is the best torque wrench for motorcycles?
Answer: If a wrench has not more than +/- 3% accuracy, then that will be the best torque wrench for motorcycles. Our recommended is Capri Tools 31200.
To sum it up, there is hardly any way of precise machining works without the best digital torque wrench. Starting from correct tightening works to estimate the loads on any nut and bolt system- this comes as a handy blessing.
On that note, hopefully, our best digital torque wrench reviews had given you a hand to find the right fit for you. While choosing the products, we’re aware of the real value they provide with vs what’s labeled as an advertisement.
Indeed, that gives you the most real-time features of each of our products. I hope that helps you to hone up your skills as a mechanic. Cheers!