Table of Contents
- 1 Quick Picks
- 2 Recommended List of Tekton Tools Reviews for 2020
- 2.1 #1. Tekton Adapter
- 2.2 #2. Tekton Fencing Pliers
- 2.3 #3. Tekton Woodworking Vise
- 2.4 #4. Tekton Socket Sets
- 2.5 #5. Tekton Impact Sockets
- 2.6 #6. Tekton Wrenches Set
- 2.7 #7. Tekton Ratchet
- 2.8 #8. Tekton Torque Wrench
- 2.9 Tekton vs Gearwrench
- 2.10 Tekton vs Craftsman
- 2.11 Tekton vs Husky
- 2.12 Tekton vs Kobalt
- 2.13 Tekton vs Snap-on
- 2.14 Toptul vs Tekton
- 2.15 Capri Tools Review: Capri Tools vs Tekton
- 2.16 Tekton Tools Warranty
- 2.17 Who Makes Tekton Tools? Who owns it?
- 2.18 Where are Tekton Tools Made? Tekton Tools Country of Origin
- 3 Final Verdict
As you can see in our headline, this article is about Tekton Tools Reviews and differences between Tekton vs Gearwrench vs Craftsman vs Husky vs Snap-on vs Kobalt to give you an excellent idea about Tekton alternatives as well in 2020. Recently added Toptul vs Tekton and Capri Tools vs Tekton.
Almost all the forms of smithy tasks require the application of different types of hand tools. There are lots of hand tools available these days, and there are some best manufacturers to deliver them worldwide.
Tekton Tools is among those companies that offer the best quality hand tools to ensure optimum serviceability for your work. Among all those tools, you will mainly need sockets, ratchets, and wrenches for turning bolts, nuts, and even pipes.
Proper tightening or loosening of screws is a difficult task, and you will need an excellent wrenching tool to make it work correctly. Tekton produces different types of wrenching tools, and we would like to represent 5 of the most available toolsets of various types that will make your job simple, comfortable with perfection. Going through our Tekton Tools reviews will give you a proper detail of the enlisted tools in the first sight.
Recommended List of Tekton Tools Reviews for 2020
Here is our recommended and updated list of Tekton Tools we reviewed for you today.
#1. Tekton Adapter
Sometimes you want to use a big socket (e.g. ½”) with a mini ratchet (e.g. ¼”), right?
You can’t do that without using an adapter.
In most cases, one single adapter is not enough and you need two adapters to make it happen.
Tekton makes such adapters to serve this purpose. Not only the ratchets, but their adapters are also a good fit for torque wrenches, impact wrenches, etc.
For instance, you need to use a 32mm socket and you require 25Nm torque to work with an oil filter. You have to use a small torque wrench here that starts from 6Nm.
If you use adapters, in this case, you can easily use that 32mm socket with the small torque wrench.
Now, let me review one of the high-quality Tekton adapters.
TEKTON 1/4-Inch Drive (F) to 3/8-Inch Drive (M) Adapter Review
Features and Benefits – Detail Explanation
Premium Grade Material
This adapter is made from premium chromium-vanadium steel. Well, it’s a common material that is used to make any small hand tools.
However, the finishing of this adapter and the quality of the steel is something that I forced me to mention it specifically.
It’s protected by a corrosion-resistant mirror chrome finish. That makes it durable too.
Offers Good Grip
This Tekton adapter is equipped with a spring-loaded detent ball that catches the socket perfectly. As a result, the socket doesn’t drop making your life easy while working.
This adapter can be used as a replacement for a broken socket or lost socket.
Well, you don’t have too many options to talk about when reviewing a small object like an adapter. Overall, this is a well-built adapter and serves its purpose quite well. It is durable and costs low. You won’t regret buying it for ¼” drive (F) to ⅜” drive (M).
#2. Tekton Fencing Pliers
Fencing pliers is a specialized tool, I mean not that common. You use this tool to build or repair wire fences (any type of wires).
A fencing pliers offer several options in one tool. It has
- A hammer on one side (mostly useful to hammer the fencing staples)
- Spike/claw on the opposite side (for pulling staples)
- And of course pliers.
So, as you can use a fencing pliers for various tasks using only one tool. You can use it to bend or cut the tangled or twisted wires too.
Tekton manufactures good quality fencing pliers. Let’s have a look at one of their fencing pliers.
TEKTON 10-1/2-Inch Fencing Pliers (34541) Reviews
- Multi-purpose tool for installing, maintaining, and repairing wire fences
- Seven tools in one: hammer, staple starter, staple puller, staple claw, two wire splicing crimpers, two shear-type wire cutters, and gripping jaws
- Slim, nonslip grips provide comfort and control without adding bulk
- Made from high-strength chrome vanadium steel
Features and Benefits – Detail Explanation
You can use this tool for seven different tasks like hammering, staple removing, staple clawing, as a staple starter, wire cutters, gripping jaws, and wire splicing crimpers.
Made from Quality Materials
Like any other Tekton tools, this fencing pliers is also made from premium chromium-vanadium steel.
Comfortable Handles to Make Life Easy
These pliers offer a comfortable slim handle covered by a nonslip handle to hold it properly and make life easy while working using it.
Can Handle Higher Gauge Wire
This tool can be used for gripping and snipping higher gauge wire like a 10-gauge wire with ease.
To me, this is not the very best fencing pliers compared to its competitors. But not a bad tool either.
#3. Tekton Woodworking Vise
No matter if you are an avid woodworker or just do some DIY projects, you have to have the handy third hand.
Yes third hand, I mean the woodworking vise.
A woodworking vise is a clamping vise that you attach to the workbench.
You always want a nice quality vise. When you tightened up the vise the surfaces should stay parallel. You should be looking for something that withstands a good amount of pressure when you work.
No wonder, Tekton the master of the hand-tools manufacturing companies makes woodworking vise too.
Allow me to review one of the most popular woodworking vises made by Tekton.
TEKTON 6-1/2-Inch Woodworking Vise Review
- Mounts to face of workbench to hold woodworking and assembly projects
- Cast iron construction (30,000 PSI tensile strength) with powder coated finish
- Jaws predrilled for custom jaw pads (not included)
- Chrome plated steel sliding T-bar handle and steel guide rails
- Acme-threaded screw glides smoothly without binding
Features and Benefits – Detail Explanation
Strong and Durable Construction
Tekton 6-½” woodworking vise is made from 30,000 PSI cast iron that makes it highly durable I should say.
Convenient Vise Adjustment
This vise offers easy vise adjustment. You just have to turn the T-handle and the jaw will glide smoothly without any chattering.
Ensures Parallel Surface
I said earlier that you should buy a woodworking vise that ensures a parallel surface when you tighten up the vise.
This very vise ensures that.
The twin steel rails guide the jaw travel. As a result, the surfaces stay parallel and the force is distributed evenly.
Easy Installation Process
You can easily install this vise in two ways to a workbench. Either simple or flush mount.
The price is not high. The quality is good. It serves the purpose well. What else do I need from a woodworking vise?
This is a handy tool to be used in small to medium projects. No need to spend too much money on a vise if you are not a professional. Go for this one.
#4. Tekton Socket Sets
Tekton commercially introduces some of the best socket sets to tighten or loosen nuts or bolts. In fact, the sockets are attached to an included ratchet. It can fit different sizes of ratchets where smaller sizes mostly fit small fasteners and larger ones fit into larger fasteners.
Apart from that, they can be of different measurement styles like SAE (inch) and metric alongside shallow and deep socket types. The most notable socket sets from Tekton are ¼” Drive Set (51-piece), 3/8″ Drive Set (45-piece), ½” Drive Set (58-piece) and ½” Drive Set (84-piece).
TEKTON 3/8-Inch Drive Socket Set, Inch/Metric, 6-Point, 5/16-Inch – 3/4-Inch, 6 mm – 24 mm
- 6-Point socket opening provides an ideal, exact fit for hex-shaped fastener heads
- Socket geometry is designed to apply force to flat sides of fasteners and not the corners, preventing round-off
- Standard-length socket is relatively versatile and suitable for a wide range of applications
- Extra-large die-stamped size markings are easy to read and can’t wear off
- Polished, Chrome-Plated finish Easily wipes clean and is highly resistant to corrosion
Covering a greater range of sockets for both shallow and deep driving, this is indeed a great set from our Tekton tools reviews. Being a 45-piece set, it comes with almost everything you will need to get the job done. And the inclusion of universal joint and the longer extension makes this one unique set.
Features & Benefits
Comprehensive Working with Complete Set
There come 6-point sockets of several sizes along with this set. In fact, the 45-piece set includes both shallow and deep sockets covering 5/16″ up to ¾” range. Therefore, it offers wider suitability for turning the nuts.
Metal Construction Induces Durability
Each tool of this Tekton socket set is produced from premium quality chrome vanadium forged steel to induce superior working strength and longevity. Along with chrome-plated finishing for the sockets, the longevity gets better.
A Swing Arc of 5° with the Included Ratchet
The inclusion of one ratchet can offer less swing arc. The 72-teeth, 7″ ratchet with this particular set allows a maximum of 5° of swing arc for repositioning. Though it may not hold good for specific works, it suits just fine for most tasks.
6-Point Socket Offers Perfect Gripping
All the sockets of this versatile set, regardless of its type, are 6-point and therefore, perfect for gripping hexagonal nuts. Most of the common nuts are hexagonal making it a great choice to do the turning.
Safe and Convenient Storage Casing
With one plastic casing, an organized arrangement of all 45 pieces of the set is easily possible. The case is durable and convenient enough to keep the sockets safe inside when they are not in use.
Greater strength and longevity will deliver the perfect service for this versatile set. Apart from that, the inclusions will definitely assist in turning jobs. Being available at a reasonable price, you will have the best tools to make the task convenient.
#5. Tekton Impact Sockets
Among numerous types of sockets from Tekton, impact sockets are specially designed to function with cordless or pneumatic impact wrenches. These types of sockets are low-profile and generally suitable for deep diving with a thickened wall than standard and normal sockets.
Moreover, the construction quality of these sockets is considerably high to handle the impact without breaking the nuts or bolts. Tekton manufactures some of the best impact sockets in the market and Deep 6-point Drive, Deep 12-point Drive and ½” 6-point Drive Set (38-piece or 5-piece) are the most notable.
TEKTON TEKTON 1/2-Inch Drive Deep Impact Socket Set, Inch, Cr-V, 6-Point, 3/8-Inch – 1-1/4-Inch, 14-Sockets | 4880
- Model: 4880
- 1/2 inch drive
- 3/8-1-1/4 inch 6 point
- Quality assured design
- Designed with the user in mind
Being a perfect set for impact and deep driving from our reviews, the 14-piece set covers a satisfactory range to turn the nuts and bolts from the fastener. With laser markings and extra-deep broach, you will have the best removal service along with accuracy and comfort in no time.
Features & Benefits
Superior Performance with Metal Construction
Like the best quality socket sets, these also come with heated and forged steel construction to ensure sufficient strength. Apart from that, black phosphate finishing for all the 14 sockets develops anti-corrosive properties to lengthen the longevity.
Easy Detection of LASER Etched Markings
The marking over the sockets is made with a high-intensity laser providing clearer visibility. Therefore, easy detection of all markings for the socket set will certainly help you to do precise and accurate working.
Suitable Accommodation for Longer Fasteners
Accommodation of longer fasteners requires suitable broach with sufficient depth and here is one to meet the requirements. In fact, the inclusion of extra-deep broach for the sockets easily helps to hold longer fastener with great comfort.
Better Gripping with the Least Round-off
Being 6-point sockets, all the deep driving sockets offer great suitability for common hexagonal nuts. Again, it comes with better gripping for a flat portion of the fasteners reducing the possibility of rounding off during the operation.
Convenient Carriage and Storage Casing
Along with the plastic case, you can have a decent storage facility for the Tekton impact socket set. It will help you to keep the sockets arranged inside the casing and therefore, ensuring the prevention of moisture and other corrosive agents.
Having sufficient requirements of a perfect and effortless impact driving, this one will take out the stubborn and stuck bolts within seconds. The durable construction of the sockets alongside the greater coverage for sizes range, the medium price range for the set is worth its price.
#6. Tekton Wrenches Set
Wrenches set are mainly a combination of sockets with suitable ratchets, though it may seem to bear some resemblance with socket sets. In the case of wrenching tools, you can turn the bolts or nuts for tightening or loosening, just without repositioning it.
In fact, wrenches are extremely helpful when you don’t get enough space to make a full turning circle. Tekton provides some convenient wrench sets to the present market that includes Combination Sets of Pouch or Keeper with a variable number of pieces.
TEKTON Combination Wrench Set with Store and Go Keeper, Metric, 8 mm – 22 mm, 15-Piece | 18792
- Open end is angled 15 degrees so the wrench can be flipped over to engage fasteners twice as often in tight spaces
- 12-point box end doubles the access angles of a 6-point and is offset 15 degrees to create clearance for fingers
- Box end opening is designed to grip flat sides of fastener heads, not corners, to prevent round-off
- Made of premium chrome vanadium steel with a mirror chrome finish
- Includes Store-and-Go Keeper with space-saving folding handle and nonslip grippers to lock in wrenches
With sufficient 15 wrenching tools, this set delivers perfect turning and removal service for 12-pointed double hexagons. The inclination of ends alongside the finger clearances will provide perfect reaching, grabbing and turning of nuts even in the tight and narrower places with ease.
Features & Benefits
Sturdy Metal Body Provides Durability
Being constructed with high-quality chromed vanadium steel, you will get the best of strength for a quick turning. The chromium finishing over the forged steel induces a pleasant appearance along with superior durability against corrosions.
Angled Construction Reaches Tight Spaces
The open end of this Tekton wrench set is designed to go an inclination up to 15° allowing further flipping of the wrench. Needless to say, the inclination helps to flip and this flipping triggers a perfect engaging with the fastener especially in narrow spaces.
Suitable Opening for Better Gripping
With a suitable design, the boxed end openings initiate gripping the flat portion of the fastener than its corners. Therefore, the turning task becomes quite easy and more effortless for the socket wrenches preventing round-off problems.
Further Accessibility with Clearances
All the 12-point wrenches simply come with a doubled angle than that of 6-points to induce further accessibility in the first place. In addition, the 15-piece wrench is 15° offset to deliver greater clearances for fingers while driving.
Organized Arrangement for Safe Storage
The set includes an open box with specific chambers for each wrench making it more suitable to use in the workplace. Though the set remains open, it delivers sufficient storage and safety for the held wrenches all the time.
Though this budget-friendly set may not hold good for regular hexagonal nuts, you will get a satisfactory turning service for double hexagons. With sufficient clearance, it encourages the safety and precision of the work and you will find it worthy enough to buy at its reasonable price.
Related Reading: Tekton wrn77164 Ratcheting Wrench Set Reviews 2019.
#7. Tekton Ratchet
Tekton ratchets do the same thing as its socket sets do, loosening and tightening the nuts and bolts. But still, there are some jobs they can handle quite well according to their design. Ratchets mainly operate alongside with a geared drive. Of course, the higher number of teeth for ratchet allows smaller swinging.
This feature is of great help when you have to do the turning in a very narrow space. There are flexible and joint types of ratchets as well, allowing setting the turning direction. There are several models available from Tekton where they provide a combining set of ratchets and sockets.
TEKTON 15013 1/2-Inch Drive x 24-Inch Extra Long Ratchet with 72-Tooth Oval Head
- Long 24 inch handle offers extra reach and more leverage
- High-performance chrome moly ratchet gear delivers up to 5,850 in.-lb. of torque, exceeding ANSI standard by 30 percent
- 72-tooth oval head ratchet needs only 5-degree swing arc
- Lock-on, quick-release drive tang prevents dropped sockets
- Made from forged, heat treated chrome vanadium steel with fully polished, corrosion-resistant, chrome plated finish
This is one particular set consisting of one driving piece with an extended handle to give you better accessibility. Of course, the included ratchet helps to attain better performance, the construction is sufficient enough to deliver a satisfactory service in this case.
Features & Benefits
Sturdy Construction with Superior Durability
The entire frame is of premium quality chromed vanadium steel that is treated with heat to impart a satisfactory working strength. Moreover, the polished finishing of chrome plating delivers protection of the steel against corrosion.
Unique Gear Offers Incredible Performance
Through the molybdenum gear, it comes with incredible leverage and quick turning of bolts and nuts. Not to mention, the high-quality gear of molybdenum offers the best removal efficiency for the most-stubborn screws with ease.
Extended Reaching through Longer Handle
Having a unique handle for this one-piece set is quite able to meet your requirements. In fact, the 24″ long handle induces extended reaching. Whether you have to work, open or tight, you can certainly do the job with comfort.
Included Oval Ratchet Initiates 5° Swing Arc
There comes an included oval ratchet of 72 teeth to make the turning more convenient and precise. The ratchet keeps the swing arc within only 5° that will get to perform the task with better accuracy for sure.
Lockable Tang Ensures No Socket Dropping
Dropping of sockets tends to take place while turning any nut or bolts. With a driving tang for this set, the dropping gets reduced easily. Apart from that, the lockable and quick-release feature makes it more efficient against dropping.
Apart from being a single piece tool, this particular set has everything to satisfy you in turning and removal tasks. The overall design ultimately leads to an efficient, secure and accurate turning system and you will get no better set of a single driver at an affordable price for now.
#8. Tekton Torque Wrench
The main function of a quality torque wrench is to tighten the socket where precision and accuracy hold the key. Mostly being adjustable, they can deliver a specified amount of torque without any over-tightening possibilities. Proper calibration of torque wrenches is required most often to attain the best result.
In the case of Tekton, they do come with incredibly accurate torque wrenches that will need less calibration. Though not much of these types of the wrench are provided by Tekton, Click-Style wrench and Dual-Direction Click wrench are able to give a perfect wrenching torque. You can also look for a few other best torque wrench brands.
TEKTON 24335 1/2-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench, 10-150 ft.-lb. with 4-Piece Impact Adapter and Reducer Set
- Wrench emits click that can be heard and felt when the preset value is reached
- High-contrast dual-range scale is easy to read, even in low light. Product Dimensions - 18.5 x 1.9 x 1.4 inch
- Reversible ratchet head drives in both directions and measures torque in clockwise direction
- Durable all-steel construction has no plastic parts to break or wear out
- Ships pre-calibrated to +/- 4% accuracy and ready to use
Though this one comes as a 4-piece set, there is only one driving wrench. But the most unique fact is the other 3 pieces are adaptors and reducer to help you in controlling the turning to some extent. With a medium handle and ½” driver compatibility, it can deliver perfect turning.
Read the Tekton 24335 Click Torque Wrench full review.
Features & Benefits
Anti-Corrosive Body Ensures Longevity
Like most of the best quality driving tools, it is also of commercial-grade chromed vanadium steel. The unique part for the construction is the black oxide finishing for the wrenching tools that impart great resistance against corrosion.
4-Piece Set Can Control Impact Level
This great working set includes one driver, two different impact adaptors along with one CRV tool to help you in the job. The 10-150 feet/pound and 4957 impact adaptors will help you to adjust the control and impact.
Easy Detection of dual Scale Measurement
There comes one dual-range scale for the tools to perform the required measurements. The high-contrast marking of the scale is quite visible. Also, you can even go through the scaling in a low lighting condition with ease.
Detent Balls to Reduce Socket Dropping
Through the included detent balls, the latching on the driving socket becomes secure and tightened. Not to mention, the spring-loaded balls help in a consistent driving rate without any sort of socket droppings.
Audible Sound to Confirm a Preset
The torque wrench itself produces an audible sound for confirming the reset of the current settings. As any visible means aren’t available for confirmation, the sound helps a lot to ensure the functionality of the wrench.
With only one wrenching tool in the set, it is likely to suit some particular jobs but you can have full control over your work. Having outstanding longevity with quality construction, this investment is certainly worthy enough of its price.
Read Also: Tekton 24340 Drive Click Torque Wrench Review.
Tekton vs Gearwrench
One of the best market competitors of Tekton tools that will come in the first place is Gearwrench. Both of the brands are equally popular with DIY workers due to their high-quality and incredible performance. Not to mention, these two come with satisfactory quality and service against their prices.
The most important thing is the market value of the corresponding price which will certainly give you confusion. Though there is some minor issue with the warranty of Gearwrench tools, there is a clearer description of Tekton tools.
Both brands offer sufficiently strong tools to withstand heavy applications and they come with several convenient features to increase efficiency. Moreover, sets from them are specifically designed for limited as well as wide applications.
But Tekton provides lots of socket and ratchet sets whereas Gearwrench introduces mainly wrenches. Not to mention, Tekton tools emphasize the production of the 6-point socket whereas Gearwrench mainly focuses on 12-point sockets alongside similar ones.
Apart from that, Tekton comes with different types of sockets, ratchets and wrenches in numerous models. Though a number of models are good for Gearwrench, yet they produce less than Tekton in certain cases. One notable fact is Gearwrench offers reversible sets in a larger quantity whereas Tekton lacks a little behind in this issue.
Otherwise, they are just perfect to do wrenching jobs quite well without any major problems. But overall, if you ask, it would be a troublesome choice to make a decision when the choice is between these two.
Where are gearwrench tools made?
Gearwrench is a part of the Apex tool group. Gearwrench tools are made in the USA, Australia, Mexico and they are expanding factories in other countries as well.
Tekton vs Craftsman
When you are down to the requirement of mechanical tools, it is indeed hard to find a suitable competitor for Craftsman. In fact, Craftsman and Tekton both are names that have been there to supply the best quality tools to the customers.
With versatile quality and innovative design, these names become almost synonymous with quality hand equipment.
Though they share quite a high-quality construction and satisfactory performance, it becomes easy for anyone to get into trouble to pick one.
Both brands are popular with their particular and featured products for an effective, comfortable and comprehensive application.
Tekton manufactures lots of wrenching tools that come in a variety of models and sets. Craftsman lacks no further with a considerable amount of models to equip you to do wrenching jobs.
But the most significant difference between these two products is the finishing of the exterior portion.
Tekton provides incredibly great and glowing polished surface finishing for their tools which make them resistant against corrosive agents. But surface finishing in Craftsman products is not that high-quality. Though products from both brands last incredibly long, no wonder premium material construction imparts great durability.
Apart from that, almost all models from Tekton and Craftsman are available at an affordable price and they are indeed worthy of that thanks to long-lasting serviceability and rather an effortless tightening or loosening operation. But in the end, both are renowned, popular and reliable brands to deliver the best performance you can have from a hand tool.
Tekton vs Husky
Husky comes with numerous products of hand tools, tools storage manufacturing alongside with pneumatic tools. Though it was founded a long ago before Tekton came into play, people do prefer Tektol hand tools than Husky’s these days. In its early stages of production, Husky produced some of the most useful and versatile hand tools.
But quality does matter to a customer of these days; this is where Husky got behind from Tekton. The best thing about Husky’s product is that they offer a lifetime warranty for their products, though this service is reportedly questioned by several customers.
As mentioned earlier, you will find lots of varieties for Tekton tools which gets limited when you’re down to Husky products. Apart from that, customers do tend to prefer tools with better convenience, usefulness, and ease. Unlike Tekton, most of the Husky products are not that close to the quality and service of Tekton tools.
It is true that Husky is an old brand but still some of their products are suited numerous applications quite well. Although Husky is a classic brand, people are now moving forward to Tekton than Husky due to its reasonable price and service rather than the other’s lifetime warranty.
Tekton vs Kobalt
Writing about Tekton vs Kobalt doesn’t mean that one is good and another is wrong right. As the entire article is about Tekton Tools, we are focusing on Kobalt tools in this small section.
Lowes, the famous USA brand own Kobalt. It’s now more than twenty years they are producing top-quality products for us with long-lasting performance.
Kobalt is famous for making Hand and Mechanic Tools, different power, and air tools as well. Their tools are not made only for the professional but also for the weekend warrior like my wife. To improve user productivity, they carefully designed their products to get your job done quickly with quality.
Kobalt power tools like impact wrenches, drills, table saws, tile saws, circular saws, and tile saws designed to help handymen and DIY enthusiasts like my wife and me, so that you can feel proud with the Kobalt products you have in your home or workshop.
Their air tools, like spray guns to impact wrenches, are ready to take the toughest projects. Kobalt air tools nearly can do any job at your workspace or home.
Let’s have a look at some of our recommended Kobalt Tools on Amazon:
- Kobalt 24-volt max cordless combo kit includes 1/2-in drill/driver, 1/4-in impact driver, 24-volt max high-capacity Li-ion battery and charger
- 1/4-in impact driver features a brushless motor that delivers up to 1,800-in-lbs of torque, and electronic speed control with 3 speed settings (0-850, 0-2,000 and 0-2,700 RPM)
- 1/2- in drill/driver features a long-lasting brushless motor that delivers up to 650-in-lbs of torque, 2-speed gearbox, variable-speed trigger and a keyless all-metal chuck
- 1/4-in quick-release collet allows for fast bit changes
- Built-in LEDs on both tools illuminate your work space and increase accuracy
- 1/2-in drill/driver features a brushless motor that delivers 650-in-lbs of torque, 2-speed gearbox, variable-speed trigger and a keyless, all-metal chuck for quick bit changes
- 1/4-in impact driver features a brushless motor that delivers up to 1,800-in-lbs of torque, and electronic speed control that generates up to 2,700 RPM
- Reciprocating saw features a variable-speed trigger (0-3,100-SPM), 1-1/8-in blade stroke, tool-free blade change, adjustable tool-less shoe, manual trigger lock and low vibration
- Built-in LEDs on all cordless tools illuminate your work space and increase accuracy
- LED work light with 135° rotating head provides 200 lumens, and features a convenient tool hook so it stays within reach
- Kobalt 3-piece tool set includes 6-in, 8-in and 10-in adjustable wrenches with extra-wide jaws for versatility
- Drop-forged chrome vanadium-steel construction provides strength and durability for frequent use
- Chrome-plated surface is corrosion-resistant for long-lasting durability and life
- Moveable lower jaws adjust wrench size, so you can quickly and easily tighten or loosen various-sized nuts and bolts
- Works with both standard and metric fasteners for your convenience
- Brand New in box. The product ships with all relevant accessories
Tekton vs Snap-on
Let’s watch the video to know the key differences on Tekton vs Snap-on:
Here’s our recommended list of Best Snap-on tools:
- Snap-On 4-Piece Pliers and Cutter Set, Part #PL400B
- Superior Quality
- 1200 Lbs. tensile strength
- Snap-on 1/4" drive 44-pc, 6-point METRIC SAE General Service Set
Toptul vs Tekton
If you are a handyman, you are surely well known that Toptul (Rotar Company) is another renowned Taiwan based global brand, especially in the professional hand tools industry. The company began its journey in 1981 and started marketing its professional tools globally in 1994. The brand is ANSI/DIN international standards.
This brand is offering an extensive range of high-quality tools for the professional and as well as the hobbyist. The tools are innovative in design and superior in quality.
Hers is a list of few Toptul Tools:
- Wrenches and Torque wrenches
- Hand Sockets, Bit Sockets with Accessories
- Bit Sockets, Impact Sockets, Accessories, Power and Pneumatic Tools
- Star key and Hexagon
- Screwdrivers, Bits & Power Bits
- Hammers & Striking Tools Series
- Auto Tools
- VDE Insulated & General Electrician’s Tools
- Bolt Cutter
- Measuring Tape
- Tool Lanyard
- Jaw Gear Puller
- Industrial Hand Nut Riveter
- Lever Type Grease Gun
- Pry Bar
- Telescoping Inspection Mirror with LED Light
- Angle Nozzle Air Blow Gun
- Straight Pattern Snips
- Roller Chain Detacher
- Heavy Duty Wire Cutter
- Screw Extractor Set
- Jumbo Pry Bar
Let’s have a look at our recommended Toptul Tools on Amazon:
- Scaffold Wrench
- Double socket ratchet wernch
- 3/4 x 7/8
- Complete 1/4 drive socket set in metric and SAE
- Unconditional Guarantee
- Metal Case
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed - No questions asked
- Sizes T5, T6, T7, T8, T9, T10, T15, T20
- Convenient Plastic Case
- 100% Unconditional Guarantee
- High Quality - Professional Grade
- Durable Mirror Chrome Finish
- Unconditional Guarantee
- High Quality - Professional Grade
- Durable Mirror Chrome Finish
Capri Tools Review: Capri Tools vs Tekton
It is never easy to research brands for tools, no matter if you are a professional. Always new quality brands are popping up on the market at reasonable prices. In this Capri tools vs. Tekton section, I am talking about Capri tools.
So, the question is, is it a good brand? Are Capri tools made in the USA? Is the company offers a lifetime warranty? Before buying any tools, I ask myself these questions if the brand is not familiar to me.
Before writing this small piece, I did plenty of research to help you decide whether you should buy any tools from this Brand or not.
My research result, discussing with professional mechanics and reading a good number of reviews, I found that Capri Tools are one of the best options for air tools, impact sockets, and many more.
This is not an American brand, and most of their tools are imported from Taiwan.
But the good thing is, they offer lifetime warranty and based in California with one of the best customer service support.
Capri Tools prices are similar to Tekton, Neiko, and few other brands. Most of the people gave positive feedback about their air tools, impact socket sets, and flip lug nut sockets.
Here’s our recommended list of Best Capri Tools on Amazon:
- The 88-Piece Master Bit Socket Set is a complete collection of most frequently used bit sockets, organized in one convenient impact-resistant tool case
- Premium S2 steel forged bits are exceptionally strong and durable. These S2 steel bits withstand high torque and do not twist, protecting both the bit and the fastener. The largest 1/2 in. drive hex bits (9/16 in./14 mm and above) are forged with custom Chrome Vanadium steel, giving these large bits balanced tensile strength for optimal performance
- Every hex bit is made true-to-size for the entire length, letting you use the full length of the bit. All bits have chamfered end to ensure a smooth fit onto fasteners
- Premium Chrome Vanadium steel sockets plated with our SmartKrome protective plating ensures durability and corrosion resistance
- 88-piece set includes (13) external star sockets, (15) star bit sockets, (15) long star bit sockets, (16) hex bit sockets in metric, (7) long hex bit sockets in metric, (15) hex bit sockets in SAE, (7) long hex bit sockets in SAE
- Ultra-precise torque limiting screwdriver lets you work on electronics, computer equipment, and delicate instruments with ease and confidence
- Torque range from 0.5 to 6 in. Lbs., in 0.05 lb. Increments. Intuitive single hand torque adjustment lets you quickly adjust torque settings on the fly
- Just 4.1 in. Long and 1 in. Wide - up to 50% smaller form factor than comparable torque screwdrivers. Enjoy the excellent hand feel and ultimate maneuverability especially in tight spots
- +/- 6% accuracy, certified in accordance with ASME B107.300-2010 and ISO 6789.2003. Includes a NIST-traceable calibration Certificate
- 1/4 in. Universal hex bit holder. Comes with 16 screwdriver bits: slotted: 4 mm, 6 mm, Phillips: PH0, PH1, PH2, PH3, Star: T10, T15, T20, T25, T30, T40, hex: 3 mm, 4 mm, 5 mm, 6 mm. Includes a premium custom carry case
- 10-50 inch-pound ergonomic torque screwdriver with 1/4-inch female hex drive
- Internationally recognized calibration certificate included: +/-6% - DIN ISO 6789 & ASME B107.300-2010
- Adjustment in 1 inch-pound increments for maximum precision. Torque limiting feature causes screwdriver to slip, avoiding damage to the screw being driven
- Intuitive torque adjustment automatically locks after each setting
- Includes a sturdy carry case that fits the Torque Screwdriver, all 20 included screwdriver bits, and the T bar attachment (Included)
- Premium components and advanced technology for daily long-term industrial use
- 1/4 inch drive with torque range of 20-150 in-lbs. or 2.8-16.4 Newton Meters
- Engraved dual torque scale markings (no fading) and bi-directional calibration
- Experience our true 100-tooth ratcheting wrenches in the tightest of spaces. With just 3.6 degrees of swing arc, they will make your job a whole lot easier. Our true single-pawl 100-tooth ratchet gear is achievable only through expert engineering and precise craftsmanship. Its unparalleled smooth ratcheting mechanism makes it a joy to use. All of these components are engineered to fit in a slim profile to make these the go-to wrench for pros
- 12-point WaveDrive box end transfers torque uniformly and prevents damaging and rounding of the bolt. 0 degree offset on the box end gives you maximum clearance. Integrated steel color ring makes it easy to identify between SAE (red) and metric (blue) sizes
- Open end features 6-point anti-slip groove that grips on the bolt and prevents slippage while you work. The open end is tipped at a 15-degree angle. Useful especially in tight spots, after each 15-degree turn, flip the wrench over to quickly engage the fastener again
- Flawless SmartKrome plating, achieved by thorough polishing and careful application of chrome protective plating, ensures durability and corrosion resistance
- Set completes with a heavy duty canvas pouch, sizes: 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 mm
Tekton Tools Warranty
Tekton is determined to deliver the best possible service regarding any repairing or damage issue. In rare cases, issues regarding quality and service require warranty service rather than shipping and packaging problems. In certain cases, particular pieces of a set get missing or replaced with another piece.
Not to mention, almost all the Tekton tools come with a warranty in most cases. Though the tool company itself can provide a certain warranty period, it may vary depending on the selling shop or dealer. But Tekton tools are guaranteed products and you will receive the warranty service accordingly for sure.
Who Makes Tekton Tools? Who owns it?
Who owns Tekton Tools? Tekton Tools is one of the renowned hand tools manufactures in the current market. Originally, the company is from the USA through several other countries that do have production factories as well where tools get issued. Needless to say, Tekton Tools hire the best engineers and operators to produce the best serviceability for the products.
Also, they consider customer requirements to create innovative and new tools to bide in the market and satisfy the necessity of the customers. Tekton Tool uses the best quality material for construction, most useful refining for the creation and best design to maximize the leverage and performance.
Where are Tekton Tools Made? Tekton Tools Country of Origin
Tekton tools where are they made? Well, Tekton tools made in the USA. Being a USA based company; original Tekton Tools are made in Michigan, USA.
With the increasing demand of supply requirements, there are now tools made in Taiwan and China as well. Though many don’t want to rely on Taiwan and China-based Tekton tools, they are as excellent as the USA based one.
And within the USA, it is easy to get the hands-on the USA made tools rather than others. Apart from that, Taiwan and China-based tools provide good efficiency in the workplace, so you don’t have to worry that much about the country of origin.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
#1. Question: Do the sockets are strong enough to pull out wheel nuts?
Answer: They may, but it’s better to avoid. However, normal sockets are designed to handle the common type of nuts which includes light machinery, household, and similar applications.
#2. Question: Who sells Tekton tools?
Answer: Tekton tools are considered to be hand tools and you will find them in various automotive or electric shops. Apart from that, renowned online shopping sites also provide the selling of Tekton tools. But you need to check their shipment with care.
#3. Question: Which read markings are better – itched or stamped?
Answer: Itched ones are more permanent than stamped ones; therefore, itched ones are preferable. But you have to confirm that markings need to visible enough to go through.
#4. Question: Are Tekton tools good? How good are Tekton tools?
Answer: Tekton tools are well enough to pull out any stubborn nuts or tightening bolts in fastener with precision and ease. With the designed applications, they are just the thing you can expect from a quality product.
#5. Question: Does the wrench fit well enough to undo a very tight nut?
Answer: The gripping is pretty satisfactory, so it should fit good enough to undo the tightening.
#6 Question: Tekton tools where to buy?
Answer: Tekton tools are available in various trusted and well known online platform like Amazon, Walmart, Kmart, etc.
#7 Question: Is Tekton a good brand of tools?
Answer: Honestly saying Tekton is not only a good but one of the fastest growing and best tools brand right now.
After this reviewing, it is conclusive that each of the aforementioned tools has a certain application. Though there are some minor issues with every tool from our Tekton Tools reviews, you can easily overcome them for certain cases.
Tekton wrenching tools have indeed the best quality and performance that you can possibly have for different types of tightening/loosening works.
From initial construction to final performance, they got everything to satisfy your requirements and they are worthy of your investment. And with the best application, you will undeniably attain the perfect performance against your investment for sure.