Table of Contents
- 1 Recommended List of Best Bike Torque Wrench Reviews For 2020
- 1.1 #1. Park Tool ATD-1 Adjustable Torque Driver
- 1.2 #2. CDI Torque TLPT6NM 6 Newton Torque Limiting T Handle
- 1.3 #3. Venzo 1/4″ 2-10NM Bike Bicycle Portable Torque Wrench
- 1.4 #4. Pro Bike Tool, 1/4 Inch Drive, Click Torque Wrench Set
- 1.5 #5. Pro Bike Tool Adjustable Torque Wrench Set
- 1.6 Quality Bike-Torque wrench Buying Guide
- 2 Final Verdict
If you own a bike by yourself, it’s a 99% chance that you do some maintenance of it regularly. And in case of maintenance, tightening bolts come to be the most frequency jobs.
It’s not only about bike owners. You need to make such torque adjustments in bicycles, motorcycles and even automotive vehicles.
Therefore, having the best bike torque wrench is super important!
We’ve done the right amount of groundwork for you in this regard. Here you’ll find 5 of the best-rated torque wrenches for bikes, with broken-down analysis of them all.
Without wasting further time, let’s dive deep-
Recommended List of Best Bike Torque Wrench Reviews For 2020
Here’s our recommended and updated list of the best bike torque wrench we reviewed for you today.
#1. Park Tool ATD-1 Adjustable Torque Driver
- Adjusts to apply 4, 4.5, 5, 5.5, or 6 Newton Meter (Nm) of torque when rotating clockwise
- Includes 3mm, 4mm, 5mm and T25 bits (stored in handle)
- All metal internal construction for long life
- Assembled and calibrated at our factory in St. Paul, Minnesota
- Magnetic socket retains bits
There is a fundamental difference between a torque driver and a torque wrench if you think about it. Torque wrenches exert different values of torque onto the bolts. But the other one gives you complete control over the bolts.
And Park Tool ATD-1 Adjustable Torque Driver is one such tool that we’re going to talk about. By the way, due to its genuinely useful features and on-demand design, it holds the #1 rank of our list.
Let’s break down the reasons-
Features and Benefits
A Great Range of Torque Output
This torque drive gives you a firm range of control over whatever bolt you’re working on. You can choose from the given options of 4Nm, 4.5Nm, 5Nm, 5.5Nm, and 6Nm.
Think about the bolts of your bike engine or automobile parts. You will find them all to suit within this range. So, we would call it the best torque wrenches for all sorts of automotive works.
Smart-Bit Placement into The Handle
First of all, let’s take a moment and appreciate the design of this torque wrench. Usual models come with a separate body for the wrench itself and the bit holders. But what this model has done is fantastic!
You can hide the container of all 4 bits right into the handle. So, no need to carry two different objects.
4 Given Bit Size Variations
You can raise a complaint against this mode for not having a handful of orbit sizes. But the sizes that this model comes with(3mm, 4mm, 5mm, and T25) are quite suitable for automotive, and motorcycle engine works.
To easy accessibility, all 4 of these bits are stored into the hollow handle.
All Metal Construction for Heavy Duty Work life
One of the biggest reasons behind the massive popularity of this torque driver is its structural strength. Both for the internal and bit holder parts made of high-quality metal with protective coats. So, you don’t have to take the hassle of cleaning water stain, rust, and other dirt.
Strong Bit Retention on the Head
Although it’s not a very rare feature, it still adds a new dimension to the usability of this drive. The head comes with a magnetic construction, which can hold the bits pretty firmly. You don’t have to worry about loosening up anyway.
#2. CDI Torque TLPT6NM 6 Newton Torque Limiting T Handle
- Torque Limiting Technology to Prevent Over-Tightening
- Magnetic Shank to Interchange Bits as Needed Rounded T-Handle Grip for Added Comfort
- Hi-Vis Color for Easy Identification
- Includes Certificate of Calibration
Bike torque wrenches come in two general variations. One is the preset mechanism ones, and another is the adjustable ones. In the case of preset type wrenches, the torque value is definite to one particular value, and that’s constant for wherever you use it.
As the 2nd pick of the list, we thought it would be good to have a variation of such kind. We are presenting the CDI Torque TLPT6NM 6 Newton Torque Limiting T Handle, a preset wrench for bikes and bicycles.
Let’s go through the features and benefits of the model-
Features and Benefits
Constant 6Nm Torque Output
In the case of bike and bicycle bolt adjustment, the torque value variants between a range of 2-20 Nm. But you know what the most commonly used torque value is? Yes, it’s around a value of 6 Nm. And that’s what you are going to get from this range.
With a 6Nm torque value, it’s able to handle the majority of the bolt types that we have in bicycles and motorcycles. So, it’s quite useful to go.
It Prevents Over Tightening
Bolts might not get crack easily, as they made of high-quality metal. But if over-tightening takes place, the thread cuts of the bolt get damaged.
As torque calculation is something that you can’t sense correctly, you need an indicator. This torque adjustment device will help you with that. While you’re applying excessive torque, it will auto prevent further rotation.
A Range of Bits
Of course, not all sorts of bolts can be handled with a particular bit. CDI understands that that put an adjustable head to install any bit into it.
To ensure a tight and reliable connection between the bit and the T-handle head, the head is made to be magnetic. So, the bit won’t come off due to shocks, falling off, etc. So, you don’t have a fear of losing any bits from the box.
Comfortable to Operate
You know, operating a torque wrench requires quite a comfort; otherwise, you can’t exert enough force to induce torque into a bolt. Many models have different techniques to provide the user with this comfort. But the trick this model has used is quite impressive.
As you can see in the product image, there is a rounded handle grip on top of the bit holder head. When you are tending to apply rotational pressure, all you have to do is to rotate the handle head. It won’t take that much effort.
#3. Venzo 1/4″ 2-10NM Bike Bicycle Portable Torque Wrench
- The Venzo Combo Torqure Wrench and Bit Set is the essential home workshop tool. Simple and easy to use, this torque wrench is used for correct tightening of bolts on frame and components to recommended torque values for safety and performance.
- Comptact Size for Carrying. Torque range: 2-10 NM. 1/4'' Torque Fix Set
- Allen Keys 2/ 2.5 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 8 mm, PH2, T10 and T25
- Solid Material Top Quality Tool. Made in Taiwan
- Warranty 2 Years
No matter it’s your bike or bicycle, you need to have a range of torque wrench fix set along with you. In this regard, a set of Allen keys ranging from 2mm to 8mm sounds pretty good.
We’ve brought up such a torque wrench with Allen keys at this point of the review. It’s called the Venzo ¼ inches 2-10Nm torque wrench set, and we’ll explain the features below-
Features and Benefits
A Handful of Size Variations
When you seek a torque wrench for multiple uses, you expect it to contain a good size variation. On that note, this one from Venzo will put a straight smile on your face.
There is a 2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, and 8mm regular type torque fix available. That’s not the end. There are two particular types of T10 and T25 picks, and a PH2 variety picks available.
Torque Sets Are of Standard 1/4 inches
Right before point, we’ve focused on the torque sets that come with this model. All of these are of the same size of ¼ inches, which is standard for both bicycles and motorbikes.
In case you don’t have the automotive kit box for your car, you can use ¼ inches torque wrench sets in your car as well.
Mechanical Indicator Type Efficient Wrenches
The wrench that you are going to use in this regard is of mechanical indicator type. If you have used such types of wrenches before, you should have quite comfortable with this. Mechanical indicators are quite helpful to identify what and how much torque is being put on the subject.
Weighs Light, Good for Carriability
An important buying factor of a torque wrench is its weight. When you have a set of the torque wrench and wrench sets in together, it’s going to take up useful space and weight of your kit box.
From that point of view, this torque wrench is a true blessing. The overall weight is only 4.8 ounces, which is excellent. So, you won’t face any hardship in carrying this along with your bike.
Comes with a Safety Container Case
Bike users often tend to lose parts and wrenched while using it. This model has got a pretty elegant solution to that problem. There is a plastic made sturdy container case in this model. No matter whichever pick you use, you can put it back again, and it will take care of the rest of the safety factors.
#4. Pro Bike Tool, 1/4 Inch Drive, Click Torque Wrench Set
- PRECISION TORQUE MEASUREMENT - Install components with calibrated precision - 2.0 to 20.0 Newton Meter torque range with micro adjustment to 0.1. Helps ensure that the fittings on your bike are tightened to the correct torque, and that clamping forces are distributed evenly across clamping surfaces. This helps prolong the life of high-performance components and prevents damage from over tightening. Ideal for use on stems, seat clamps, lever clamps, chain sets, rotors and headsets.
- PEACE OF MIND PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT – Over-tightening bolts can cause expensive damage to your bike. Applying too little torque can lead to bolts working loose or not doing their job. Our 1/4-inch drive dual-direction torque wrench driver removes the guesswork, making it easy to follow the manufacturer’s recommended settings. Each hand tool is shipped pre-calibration tested for accuracy, +/- 4% (clockwise) and +/- 6% (counter clockwise).
- SAFE & EASY TO USE & READ – Smooth and precise operation. Spring loaded adjustment collar automatically ‘locks’ in place at the desired torque setting, ensuring it will not accidentally slip when being used. High-contrast Nm scale is easy to read. Wrench emits a ‘click’ that can be ‘heard and/or felt’ when the pre-set torque value is reached, alerting you to ‘stop’ applying force. IMPORTANT: At low Nm settings under 5 Nm the click can be ‘subtle’. Between 5 & 20 Nm the click will be stronger.
- RIGHT TOOLS FOR THE JOB – Includes Hex: H2, H2.5, H3, H4, H5, H6, H8, H10. Torx: T10, T25, T30 socket / key set and 100mm extension bar for reaching concealed bolts. Bespoke protective molded case to keep the adjustable torque wrench and tool bits stored safely, also includes ‘storage’ section inside case to store bolts when using the wrench. Reversible 72-tooth ratchet head measures torque in clockwise and counter clockwise directions. Engage and release bit instalment button.
- PROFESSIONAL QUALITY – Each hand tool is fully calibration tested for accuracy to ISO 6789-2:2017 and DIN EN ISO 6789-1:2017-07 requirements and test methods for design conformance testing, quality conformance testing and recalibration procedure. Includes individual certificate of calibration with each set. We are so confident about our high-quality wrenches that if you have any product issues, we’re very happy to either provide a Refund or a Replacement on your purchase!
We’ve seen many users not to have a reasonable budget to spend after a torque wrench set. But in case you are an exception, then you can get something that solves all of our torque adjustment tests single-handed. It’s called the Pro Bike Tool 1/4 Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench Set, and it’s our next product on the podium-
Features and Benefits
A Massive Range of 2Nm to 20Nm
Lower end torque values are for small torque adjustment operations like the bike, minor seat adjustments, little bolt tightening, etc. And on the other hand, the high-end range of torque is for complicated engine maintenance guides.
To cover both purposes this torque wrench comes with a massive 2-20Nm torque range.
Comes with a Handful of Essential Tools
Deep inside of this box, you will not find not only a set of bits and the torque wrench itself but also there some other tools too. There are Allen and Torx sockets, an extension bar and a storage box.
A Compact Storage Box to Keep Things Safe
There is a total of 11 bits of different size ranges. To keep them all in one place, there is a nicely designed, sturdy storage box provided. It looks cool, it has a safety lock, and it has places for each of the components of the set.
Smooth and Precise Operation
The operation and transition of this wrench are quite praiseworthy. Its smoothness will lead to a fantastic torque adjusting experience. No hardship in any of the tasks.
#5. Pro Bike Tool Adjustable Torque Wrench Set
- ACCURATE TORQUE MEASUREMENT to 4, 5, 6 Nm; three torque levels to cover most recommended manufacturer tightness settings in one tool. Includes four interchangeable tool bits: 3, 4, 5mm hex / allen and T25 to cover most bike needs - including adjusting stem clamps, seatposts, headsets, handlebars and lever clamps. PLEASE NOTE: Requires separate 6mm allen key to turn dial. 6mm allen key 'not' included with set, 6mm sold separately.
- PEACE OF MIND - Have you ever worried about over-tightening a bolt and damaging your bike? Remove guesswork and risk with our torque wrench, which prevents over-tightening bolts and damaging your carbon fiber or lightweight components. Includes ‘cam-over’ feature, ensuring the torque wrench will continue to ‘click-out’ once torque is reached. It ensures a bolt cannot accidently be over torqued. Each tool is fully tested.
- BUILT TO LAST & COMFORTABLE TO USE - Internal construction made from carbon steel. Ergonomic composite mold handle for comfortable use and to help apply the correct force.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE - Small and lightweight, making it a perfect tool for your bike box so that you can rebuild your bike on vacation or a weekend away with no stress.
- PRO QUALITY – We are so confident about the quality of our products that if you have any product issues, we’re very happy to either provide a Refund or a Replacement!
As the last pick of our list, we have Pro Bike Tool Adjustable Torque Wrench Set. Just like the name suggests, it’s solely made for bikes and motorcycles, and it has its reasons.
Let’s explore the full feature list of this driver and see if it’s a good pick or not-
Features and Benefits
Three Familiar Torque Values
We won’t say that this torque wrench has a vast range of torque value variations. But the three options that it has are not bad at all. 4Nm, 5Nm, and 6Nm are three of the commonly used torque values for automotive and regular bike maintenance works.
Compact and Easy to Grab
Another big selling point of this torque wrench is, it’s the size. If a torque wrench comes in a size of hand-palm, that’s super easy to operate. Even users, who are not regular at this, won’t have any hard time operating it.
Protection from Over Tightening
Just like any other good quality torque wrench, this one prevents over-tightening to a great extent. So, you don’t have to do any guesswork anymore.
Carbon Steel Made Internal Constriction
As you are going to imply the right amount of force into the torque wrench, it has to be made of durable material. Talking about durable material, carbon steel comes in the first place. And the internal parts of this torque wrench are made of exactly that. It might cost some bucks, but it is worth it.
Quality Bike-Torque wrench Buying Guide
We’re sure that you’ve made your choices of best bike torque wrench from our list of 5. But there are still some crucial buying factors that new users are likely to overlook.
To hone up your purchase, let’s have a glimpse at those important buying factors-
The Torque Range
As we’re buying a torque wrench to tighten the bolts, the range of torque is quite essential. Typically, torque wrenches are entirely accurate when they are within a mid-range. For bikes and bicycles, the usual torque range is from 3 to 7Nm.
So, if you’re seeking a torque wrench for bikes, make sure to stick within this range. However, if you are finding a wrench for automotive purposes, moving for a higher torque range is a wise option.
What’s Your Target Objects?
The second factor to take into consideration is the type of objects that you’re going to tighten with the wrench. We’re saying this because there are two significant sorts of torque wrenches- Preset torque wrenches or adjustable torque wrenches.
If your purpose is to adjust simple bolts beneath your bike seat or to tighten the stem, preset type torque wrenches are quite excellent. In case you’re seeking more freedom in torque adjustments, you might go for adjustable torque wrenches.
The Weight of the Torque Wrench
At first glance, this might sound silly for you. Who cares about the weight of the torque wrench anyway? – You might think.
But remember, you have to carry this torque wrench along with your bike in the toolkit box. So, if you get an adjustable one with quite some mass in it, it will make a reasonable effort to carry it along. On the other hand, the preset type torque wrenches are light in weight and easy to carry.
However, in case you’re with a motorbike, weight should not be that big of a problem. But in case you’re with bicycles, this is a crucial factor.
The Price-Quality Ratio
The price point of a bike torque wrench is something interesting. See, you will get quite some cheap ones where the moderate or right versions will cost you almost double or triple of that price.
But in the race of seeking products, don’t end up buying another one in a few weeks. Yeah, cheap torque wrenched break down in just a few weeks. So, it’s better to spend a shy more and get assured for many months to come.
A quick trick is to stick to top-notch brands, as they are likely to keep their promise of durability.
Finding the right torque wrench for a bike is hard, with so many given options. But hopefully, this guide on best bike torque wrench reviews has given you a steady hand. Good luck!