Table of Contents
- 1 UB121000 Battery Review in 2020
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 2.1 Question #1. What is the best RV battery?
- 2.2 Question #2. What is the best deep cycle battery?
- 2.3 Question #3. How many years do deep cycle batteries last?
- 2.4 Question #4. Can you overcharge a deep cycle battery?
- 2.5 Question #5. What is the best deep cycle battery for a trolling motor?
- 2.6 Question #6. Why won’t my car start in the cold?
- 3 Final Verdict
DISCLAIMER: THERE ARE AFFILIATE LINKS IN THIS POST. THIS MEANS THAT AT NO COST TO YOU, I WILL RECEIVE A SMALL COMMISSION IF YOU PURCHASE THROUGH MY LINK. I WILL ONLY EVER PROMOTE THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES THAT I TRUST AND 100% RECOMMEND.
Not all AGM deep cycle batteries are good. Not all of them are bad either.
While having so many batteries to choose from is freedom, at the same time, you have to make sure you are buying the perfect battery based on the application.
This is when you do get puzzled.
To solve the puzzle for you and let you know about its application, I’ve prepared this UB12100 battery review. Here I’ve reviewed this 12V 100AH deep cycle AGM battery mentioning all the highs and lows of it.
Eventually, you will get to know its application and different cool features as well.
So, let’s dive right in.
UB121000 Battery Review in 2020
UB121000 Universal 12v 100AH Deep Cycle AGM Battery Review
- UPG #45978 UB121000 12V 100Ah
- Dimensions: 12.17 inches x 6.61 inches x 9.16 inches. Weight: 63.93 Lbs
- SLA/AGM maintenance free, spill proof battery
- Rechargeable battery that can be mounted in any position, resists shocks and vibration
- 1 Year Warranty
Easy Mounting Option
You can mount this battery with ease, spending less amount of time and effort. As the body is made from individual stainless cells, that’s why you get the flexibility of either mounting or reinforcing the unit.
Requires Less Time for Charging
An AGM battery doesn’t take too long to get charged up fully. This UB121000 battery does the same.
Hold the Charge for Long
Holding up the charge for long is another benefit of an AGM battery. The UB121000 battery does that too. It can hold the charge for an ample amount of time, to be honest.
Unlike the regular batteries, this UB121000 battery is a maintenance-free battery.
One of the reasons is the glass matt absorbs the sulfuric acid as this one is an AGM battery.
This makes it maintenance-free. So, you don’t have to keep yourself busy with maintenance tasks.
An AGM battery like this one is leak-proof too because of the same reason it is maintenance-free. Meaning as the glass matt absorbs the sulfuric acid, so it prevents leaking or spilling.
Vibration and Shock Resistant
Vibration and shock resistance feature increase the lifetime of a battery for sure. This battery is made in a way so that it withstands any vibration and shock. Therefore, it lasts long.
Limited Amount of Acid
Compared to any flooded battery, an AGM battery comes with less amount of sulfuric acid. This battery features the same too.
So Many Things Run By this Battery
You can use this battery to run a hell of a lot of things like a fridge, vent fan, interior fan, lights including LED, laptops, stereo system. It’s one of the best solutions for your solar system, campervan, sump pump, boat, trolling vehicles, golf cart, so and so forth.
So, on the whole, it’s quite a handy cyclic battery to offset your electric bill. Had the size been a bit smaller, it would have been more fun to use two parallel batteries at a time. Nonetheless, this is not any major drawback because still, you can use two batteries in parallel in your campervan.
UB121000 Battery Alternative
- ML55-12 SLA is a 12V 55AH Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) rechargeable maintenance free battery
- Dimensions: 9.02 inches x 5.43 inches x 9.13 inches. Listing is for the Battery and Screws only. No wire harness or mounting accessories included
- SLA / AGM spill proof battery has a characteristic of high discharge rate, wide operating temperatures, long service life and deep discharge recover.
- Rechargeable battery that can be mounted in any position, resists shocks and vibration. Long lasting high performance in high and low temperatures
- Backed by a 30 day refund policy and full 1 year warranty
- Genuine ExpertPower Battery - The Most Trusted And Highest Reviewed Sealed Lead Acid Batteries On Amazon
- Battery Type - 12 Volt 20 Amp / 20 Hour Sealed Lead Acid Battery
- Ease Of Mind -All Of Our Batteries Are MAINTENANCE FREE and VALVE REGULATED
- AGM Tech - Utilizes Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) Technology And Has A Wide Temperature Range
- User Friendly - Easy Installation With a Very Durable And Rugged Construction
- CERTIFICATION - ISO9001, ISO14001, CE, and UL Certified
- BATTERY TYPE - HR12200W FR 12V 200W 12Volt 55 Amp High Rate Rechargeable AGM Lead Acid UPS Battery
- APPLICATION - Alarm System, Emergency Lighting System, Firefighting Equipment, Standby Power Supply and Telephone Switching System, Uninterrupted Power Supply, Telecommunication System, Computer Standby Power Supply System, Solar, Wind Power, Etc....
- RUGGED DESIGN - The battery case is made from a Non-Conductive ABS plastic, Strong Resistance to Shock, Vibration, Chemicals, Weather and Heat. Very easy to install and requires no maintenance.
- WARRANTY - At NPP, each battery has been strictly quality controlled. Each NPP battery will come with an one year warranty. So you can purchase with confident.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question #1. What is the best RV battery?
Answer: For the RVs, you have to go for either the 12V deep cycle battery or two 6V golf cart batteries wired together to make it 12V.
A 12V deep cycle battery is easy to get and inexpensive. That’s why I believe it should be the first choice for you.
This UB121000 12V deep cycle AGM battery (paid-link) is one of the best choices for RVs, in my opinion.
Question #2. What is the best deep cycle battery?
Answer: You have different types of deep cycle batteries like AGM batteries, gel cell batteries, and flooded lead-acid batteries.
Most of the cases, you will want to go for the AGM deep cycle batteries, and this UB121000 12V 100Ah battery is one of the best AGM deep cycle batteries out there.
Question #3. How many years do deep cycle batteries last?
Answer: It highly depends on the type of battery. That means the lifespan varies among AGM battery, gel cell battery, and flooded lead-acid battery.
You can expect an AGM deep cycle battery to last long for about four to seven years. On the other hand, the gel cell battery should live up to two to five years, and the life expectancy for flooded lead-acid batteries should be four to eight years.
Question #4. Can you overcharge a deep cycle battery?
Answer: No, it would be best if you did not overcharge a deep cycle battery. If you overcharge frequently, it will start to heat up progressively. The hotter it gets, the more it will accept current. Eventually, the battery will be heated even more and destroy it in a quick time.
On top of that, overcharging will cause the acid to boil and allow the battery to explode or at least break.
Question #5. What is the best deep cycle battery for a trolling motor?
Answer: Regarding the battery types, I recommend you use either AGM type or Lead Acid wet cell type of 12V batteries for a trolling motor.
On the other hand, regarding the amp hour rating, it’s better to go for at least 100 Ah battery.
This UB121000 is exactly what you might have been looking for a trolling motor. It’s because this one is a 12V 100Ah AGM deep cycle battery for you.
Question #6. Why won’t my car start in the cold?
Answer: As we know the car won’t start in the cold is a common problem, We have described everything in this article.
In this UB121000 battery review article, I’ve mentioned all the benefits and pitfalls of this battery, and also elaborated some of its cool features.
If you have not heard of this brand before, very likely, you were a bit skeptical before you read this review.
I’m sure you will be able to judge the battery at this point after reading my review.
In a nutshell, you can go for this unit to get a high-quality battery spending a reasonable price. What I like most about this unit is its ability to charge fast and hold the charge for long.