Table of Contents
- 1 Top Gun Grease Comparison Chart
- 2 Best Gun Grease Reviews with comparison for 2019
- 2.1 #1. Lucas Gun Oil Reviews: LUCAS Extreme Duty 1oz Gun Oil Needle Oiler 10875
- 2.2 #2. Birchwood Casey RUG4 Rig Universal Grease 3 Ounce Jar
- 2.3 #3. Grizzly Grease Non-Toxic CLP 4 FL OZ. – Gun Cleaner – Gun Lubricant
- 2.4 #4. Slip 2000 EWG 4oz.
- 2.5 #5. Hoppe’s gun cleaning kit and grease: No. 9 Gun Grease
- 2.6 #6. Tetra Gun Grease Review: 004B1I 1-Ounce Blister
- 2.7 #7. Mil-Comm TW25B grease 1.5 oz
- 3 Gun grease syringe Reviews
- 4 Things to consider before buying the best gun lubricants
- 5 Final Verdict
In this best gun grease reviews, we discussed our practical experience, considered customer reviews, feedback and as well as the expert opinion to final the best gun lubricants for you.
We reviewed tetra gun grease, Mil-Comm tw25b, LUCAS Extreme Duty, Birchwood Casey, Grizzly Grease Non-Toxic, Slip 2000, and Hoppe’s No. 9. You can use these brands for shotguns, ar-15, polymer handguns, Glock, and sig as well.
Lubrication isn’t essential for a mechanical device like a handgun” ….!??!! Don’t raise your eyebrow yet; I was kidding. In fact, as a part-time hunter, this would be one of the funniest jokes I’ve ever heard. It’s no less important than the magazine, bullet, trigger and basically, everything that’s important.
But, what specific benefits can a gun can offer? Long story short- it helps to lubricate the exact place of the gun that you prefer. And to reduce the wastage to a minimum level, it’s even better if you have gun grease with the syringe. While you’re shooting, this lubrication gives your shooting accuracy an extra shade of excellence.
The other significant benefit that it offers is to protect while the gun’s not in use. A layer of the best grease on the metal body, ensures long-term protection from dust, corrosion, wear, and rust.
Therefore, whether you’re an amateur hobbyist or a regular hunter, gun grease is a must to have a kit in the pouch. And here in this gun lube reviews, we will see if we can get you one that suits best for you.
Go through the full reviews with the syringe and find the best match for you-
Top Gun Grease Comparison Chart
Best Gun Grease Reviews with comparison for 2019
Here is the updated list of Best Gun Grease we found for you on the market today.
#1. Lucas Gun Oil Reviews: LUCAS Extreme Duty 1oz Gun Oil Needle Oiler 10875
- Designed for weapons that experience high volume, full Auto, and suppressed Fire
- Protects metal parts from rust, wear and moisture during extreme conditions
- Superior blow back resistance, keeping oil out of your face and off your glasses
The main reasons for this massive success are such useful lubrication at such a little price. It had become a regular item on hunting bags of us all.
Let’s figure out more of this Lucas Gun Oil reviews–
Lucas Gun Oil Features and Benefits
Works Directly on High Heat Surfaces
One of the main problems that typical lubes have is, you have to wait a while before applying lubricator on the gun surface. But this lube from Lucas is used directly on the heat surfaces of the gun.
A Wide Temperature Range to Work
Coldest of the temperatures to highest of them- that’s how full the applicable temperature of this lube is. To be specific, you can apply it within a range of -20 degrees to 540-degree Fahrenheit.
Safe for All Kind of Metal Types
Different firearms made of different kinds of metals. And this little tube here works equally fine on all of them. In other words, it works well in all types of firearms including shotguns, handguns, rifles and so on.
Rust, Moisture, and Wear- 3 in 1 Protection
Idle guns are not likely to be used so frequently by us. So, hobbyist hunters get into a problem of building up rust, wear, and moisture on the gun. But before storing the firearm, a bit of this lube can protect your gun from all three of these threats.
#2. Birchwood Casey RUG4 Rig Universal Grease 3 Ounce Jar
Although you won’t get an actual syringe to use with it, but with a universal grease applicator or a cotton swab, it’s no hard to get it done.
It’s easy to use and made to be noob-friendly. So, as far as we are concerned, this would be a great one to take your gunmanship to the next level. Let’s hear about some more features of it-
Birchwood Casey Features and Benefits
A Long-Term Protector At Any Environment
Birchwood Casey RUG4 has earned most of the applause because of the long-term protection and lubrication that it brings on. As a bonus benefit, it will work equally fine at any temperature, weather and whatever it is.
Rust and Corrosion Protection for Any Firearms
Chemically, the Birchwood Casey RUG4 had been made to provide firearms from pollution and stiffness. And that’s not for revolvers only. It works equally fine with handguns, rifles, muzzleloaders and even rifles!
Extremely Easy to Use
Another best part of this unit is, it’s too easy to use: even for first-timers. Just apply thin coats of it, wipe out and remove the excess grease with a clean and soft cloth. That’s how easy it is!
An Extremely Economical Pick
If you don’t want to spend so many bucks only after the grease lubricant, then Birchwood Casey RUG4 is a good option for you. Because it’s one of the budget-friendly and economical product we’ve seen.
#3. Grizzly Grease Non-Toxic CLP 4 FL OZ. – Gun Cleaner – Gun Lubricant
- Cleans, Lubricates, and Protects Your Firearm – All in One!
- Non-Toxic - USDA Certified Bio-Based Ingredients
- Meets/Exceeds MIL-SPEC Technical Standards
- Prevents Corrosion and Rust
- Functions in the Hottest Desert Environments as well as Arctic Conditions
And that’s exactly what this unit from Grizzly is. It’s made meeting the standards of rigorous Military Standards, and USDA has approved it as a bio-based gun care solution. To keep the rust, copper and built up leads, it’s a complete solution. And even the better news is, it does all these with 100% safety. It’s one of my best gun lubricants for ar-15.
Grizzly Grease Features and Benefits
A Cleaner, Lubricator, and Protector
You’ve just got the 360-degree gun cleaning solution right here with this grease. It will protect the gun from harmful build-ups/dust, won’t let it slow down even in the desert, and ensure better shooting accuracy.
USDA Certified Non-toxic Bio Cleaner
Safety from chemically harmful is not for the gun but for the user. Keep yourself away from using anything that brings side effects on you. Keep the Grizzly CLP with your gun, and stay safe from the threats you can’t visualize.
No Additional Elements Needed at All
This grease from Grizzly performs at it’s best when it is used alone in the gun. Like any conventional gun grease, you don’t have to use it with oil. That saves up some of your bucks as well.
#4. Slip 2000 EWG 4oz.
And another side of its perks is, it doesn’t burn away like typical petroleum products. So, you can go hunting without refilling the lube over and over.
It saves up both your time and effort to do better with your gun. And while we did some more research on it, we found some more sweet news about it-
Slip 2000 Features and Benefits
A Lube that Lasts 5 Times Longer
Lubes are of no serious value if they can’t provide a long-lasting decrease in friction. And when it comes to the duality of the lubrication, Slip 2000 is five times better than most of the conventional ones. The secret lies in the chemical formula that this product is made of. It’s made to work for friction and wear protection.
Won’t Burn Even at Most Regular Use
You have seen shooters keep a bottle of lubricator with them. The sole reason is, while they are shooting on a consistent basis, a tremendous amount of heat generates. And that causes to burn the petroleum-based lubricators. But that’s not an issue as long as you have thin one in hand.
A Shut Door for Dust and Dirt
No one wants to get the gun affected by a piece of dirt or dust that has been inside it for long. Prevent these malfunctions with Slip 2000, as it’s complete protection from dirt, dust, sand and any similar microparticles.
#5. Hoppe’s gun cleaning kit and grease: No. 9 Gun Grease
- Specifically compounded for protecting idle firearms
- Perfect for storage
- 1.75 oz tube
- Displaces metal "sweat" when applied to bore and exterior
- Includes one 1-3/4 oz. tube
But in the second scenario, you are in a worse necessity of a durable lubricator. Hoppe’s gun cleaning kit and grease: No. 9 is that one gun grease, and we are looking forward to showing what it has got-
Hoppe’s gun cleaning kit and grease Features and Benefits
A Specialized Grease for Storing Firearms
None of us are professional shooters, and we don’t do hunting all year long. So, for about half of the year, you need to keep the gun inside the closet. With a layer of Hoppe’s No. 9 Gun Grease, you can be assured of the protection for months. Because this is made with a chemical formula keeping this fact in mind.
Prevents Rust At A Great Rate
Rust is undoubtedly one of those vital enemies of a firearm. And if you would like to store it for quite some time, the chance of developing rust is even more. But a breath of fresh air is here, as you decide to get Hoppe’s No. 9 Gun Grease. You will get the gun that you kept months ago, with Hoppe’s No. 9 Gun Grease on a mission to keep it fresh.
Works Not Only for Firearms
I know you are looking for the best grease for guns. But this product works equally great for every mechanical device that needs lubrication. Suh as and tools, fishing tackle, etc. are other targeted products. So, when you are not using it on the guns, you have other devices to use it too!
#6. Tetra Gun Grease Review: 004B1I 1-Ounce Blister
- Tetra Gun Grease original synthetic lubricant protectant
- Handles wide operating temperature range
- Fluoropolymer white grease
- Good for all firearms, including shotguns, rifles and handguns
- Minimizes buildup. Long lasting.
You can apply it to a full variation of firearms. This list includes rifles, shotguns, handguns and many more. If you have any of this in hands, go through the next set of features below-
Tetra 004B1I Gun Grease Features and Benefits
Non-sticky Formula for Less Dust Attraction
As you know, sticky semi-liquids or lubricants are likely to draw more of the dust on it. On that note, the best grease for guns should never be like that. Thanks to Tetra Gun- the brand for creating such a non-sticky formula. So long term outdoor use won’t harm its body.
Needs A Small Amount At A Time
Tetra Gun 004B1I Gun Grease comes up as a unit of about 1 ounce. At first look, this might seem a little less than what’s required. But the manufacturer had been smart here. It needs a tiny amount of this grease for each application. When you rub the grease with a soft cloth uniformly,
An Extreme Temperature Range
This very brand has a reputation for creating lubes that withstands almost any temperature range. And as of their most elegant creation, this sticks to this virtue even more. You can use it for any weather and temperature.
#7. Mil-Comm TW25B grease 1.5 oz
- USED BY U.S. SPECIAL FORCES WORLDWIDE: TW25B is uniquely engineered, made in America and is used by U.S. Special Forces.
- SUPER LUBRICATION and PROTECTION: Preferred lubricant on heavy weaponry, AR's, all firearms, shotguns and handguns while protecting wear parts and bore.
- OPTIMIZED FOR PERFORMANCE and REDUCED MAINTENANCE: Ensures firing reliability in extreme temperature conditions ( -90°F (-67°C) to +450°F (232°C) and is the most durable extreme performance lubricant available.
- LOWEST COST GUN LUBE PER APPLICATION: Our product is the longest lasting gun lubricant on the market. Live-fire trials and laboratory testing have shown TW25B enables firing of 6 to 10 times more rounds between cleanings while using a fraction of our lubricant when compared to other products.
- USED: With complete safety worldwide since 1987
Mil-Comm TW25B Features and Benefits
A Perfect Lube for Adverse Conditions
Shooters never know which and what types of scenarios he has to be in. No matter you are a hobbyist hunter or a sheriff, you need to cope up with environments. And TW25B grease will give you a hand, as it’s made to withstand adverse conditions.
Tapered Tip and Screw Cap
The tapered top design of this tube may look ordinary for the first time. But when you get to use it on your firearm, you will figure out how it’s helpful. Such a structure will help you to reach out even the darkest parts of the gun.
Made in the USA with No Chemical Side Effects
For a gun grease, it’s important that how much lubricating it is. But as the user of the gun grease and gun itself, you have to know how it’s going to do that. I am talking about the chemical harm that may take place with conventional lubes. But thanks to Mil-Com, this one is free of the risk.
Gun grease syringe Reviews
#1. Slip2000 EWG Syringe Applicator
#2. Breakthrough Clean Technologies Battle Born Grease 12cc Syringe
- PROTECT YOUR GUN: This high quality lubricating firearm grease is formulated with pure synthetic oils, shear stability additives and Sub-Micron size PTFE to protect against corrosion from friction and moisture within a range of temperatures.
- ELITE GUN PROTECTANT: Battle Born Grease is the ideal gun oil lubricant to protect your guns. If you're a multi-weapon owner like a rifle, pistol, or knife, etc., this product is the ideal tool to lubricate the nose, bore, or chamber of your weapons.
- ADD TO YOUR GUN CLEANING SUPPLIES: If you already have other special tools like metal cleaner cloths, cleaner fluid, rust solution, or copper spray, this will be the perfect addition to your gun maintenance kit.
- STORE ANYWHERE: Compared to other sized bottles, you can conveniently stock this lubricant anywhere like your home, garage, car, or tool kits for easy storage.
- NON-TOXIC AND NON-STAINING: Maintaining your weapon shouldn't make a mess, and this elite protectant kit won't! The formula won't stain your clothes or harm your skin.
#3. Sentry Solutions HI-SLIP GREASE Gun Grease and Gun Oil
- Nano Moly grease lube stays in place in place barrel Treatment reduces fouling increases accuracy
- All temperature works in all conditions, climates will not thicken or thin out from the heat or cold
- Gun Cleaner cleans lubes and protects weapons firearms pistols revolvers rifles semi auto 9mm
- Knife Cleaning Nano technology leaves a protective film that will protect it from finger prints
- Fishing reel hinges tools and other moving parts around the house will benefit from this dry Lube
Out of all three picks, this one is the most efficient one. Because of the hollow and pointy release point, it’s possible to inject the lube right on the spot.
Things to consider before buying the best gun lubricants
Amount of Lubrication
Of course, this is the most critical factor to look up. Not more, not less, you always need the exact amount of lubrication from the grease gun you are about to buy.
This often is relevant to the size of the syringe that you will use. If you have to deal with more significant sections to apply the lube, take one with the more considerable release point, and vice versa.
Also, have a look at the amount of slippery that the grease offers. Because it varies from model to model. The more complex your machine is, the more you need to lubricate it.
Chemical Side Effects
Some lube, especially those which are made of petroleums, come with a few side effects on the user. No matter what, you have to keep yourself away from these.
Make sure you check the formulaic structure of the grease. And make sure it doesn’t have anything negative with your skin.
Ease of Use
Nobody wants grease and a syringe that is full of complications. Look through the mechanism of using the product you’re about to buy and chose easies one. With the ease of application, there comes less time to apply it.
One important thing you need to keep in mind that you should maintain your guns properly. You can look at here for a few valuable gun maintenance tips.
Gun grease vs Gun oil- Which is The Better Lubricator?
It’s an endless debate to decide which one between grease and oil is a better one. Instead, let’s focus on what kind of lubricator guns and firearms demand, and which one of them can satisfy the needs-
Firstly, grease has a great perk of preventing dry start, when it comes to using a device after a break of several days/weeks. Oils start to drain back to the sump, which is, however, not a property of grease. So, for hobbyist gun users, grease is a better pick.
Secondly, Guns have plenty of sophisticated joints inside. In between the connectors and mechanical fittings, grease plays the role of sealant. It helps to prevent the periodic ingress of particles inside.
Although grease has some lack of free-flowing and low heat generation, we found out grease to be the right fit for storing and lubricating guns.
If you want to know the type of lubricants and their uses, I think this article will help you to give a detailed idea.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Question #1: What is the best all-rounder gun grease in our opinion?
Answer: Our research team selected LUCAS Extreme Duty 1oz Gun Oil Needle Oiler 10875 as the top all-rounder in this review.
Question #2: What is the best gun grease for shotguns?
Answer: My personal choices are Tetra and Hoppes. Because these greases worked excellent for me and prices are also reasonable.
Question #3: What is the best gun grease for ar-15?
Answer: My first choice is Frog Lube CLP Liquid 8 oz (paid link), 2nd choice is Hoppe’s M-Pro7 070-1453 4oz and the third choice is Grizzly Grease Non-Toxic CLP 4 FL OZ.
Question #4: Do these greases contain parabens or other harmful ingredients?
Answer: No. None of the listed products contain such ingredients.
Question #5: In which type of guns I need to handpump it?
Answer: Basically with the hand-pump types of grease guns.
Question #6: How should I look at the warranty factors?
Answer: If brought widely, you don’t have to. But still, if you want it, chose the best warranty terms from the manufacturer.
Question #7: How can I understand the technical quality of gun grease?
Answer: It’s often presumed by the maximum pressure and strokes/ounce.
Question #8: How long gun grease can keep my gun safe from wearing and rust?
Answer: For months. Only if you consider to regrease the gun after every couple of months
You need to exert a lot of effort to lubricate machinery like a gun. But that’s when you do it manually. If you take a bit smarter, a combination of gun grease and syringe can be the best option. And helping you to select one was the sole purpose of the article.
Please contact us if you have any queries and suggestions or you can comment here.
I hope you’ve made your buying shortlist and shorty get the best fit from this exclusive best gun grease reviews with the syringe. Best of luck!