Table of Contents
- 1 Best Glue for Plastic: List of Strongest Plastic Glue
- 1.1 #1. E6000 Craft Adhesive Review
- 1.2 #2. Loctite 1365882 Glue Review
- 1.3 #3. Gorilla Super Glue Review
- 1.4 #4. J-B Weld 50139 Plastic Bonder Review
- 1.5 #5. Best for Plastic to Metal: J-B Weld 8276 KwikWeld Review
- 1.6 #6. Best Glue for Automotive Plastic: Bondic LED UV Liquid Adhesive
- 1.7 #7. Best Adhesive for Plastic to Wood: GlueMasters Thick Instant Glue
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 2.1 Question #1. Does Gorilla glue work on plastic?
- 2.2 Question #2. What will bond plastic to plastic?
- 2.3 Question #3. Does Gorilla glue work on metal?
- 2.4 Question #4. Does wood glue work on plastic?
- 2.5 Question #5. What is the strongest glue in the world?
- 2.6 Question #6. What is the best glue for polyethylene plastic?
- 3 Final Words
FramingNailersGuide is reader-supported. If you buy an item through the links on this site, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more
Last Updated on January 1, 2022 by John Patterson
Finding the best adhesive for plastic is not an easy task by any means.
Because you will see a lot of brands on the market, and almost everyone is claiming that they are the best to produce the heavy-duty glue for plastic.
Their marketing gimmick makes things further overwhelming.
On top of that, almost all the glues claim to work well on various materials.
Therefore, it’s hard to decide on the strongest adhesive for plastic.
To clear the air, I’ve done the legwork for you.
In this best plastic glue review article, I’m going to review some of the most effective adhesives to be used on plastic.
Not only that, but I will also review best glues that specifically good for plastic to metal, automotive plastic, and plastic to wood.
Things that I mainly considered to judge a heavy-duty glue while reviewing are –
- It’s usability.
- If the plastic glue sets and cures correctly or not.
- How long it holds.
- Whether the plastic glue container is convenient to use or not.
- Is that cost-effective or not.
- And many other things.
Let’s start with the best adhesive for plastic guides.
Best Glue for Plastic: List of Strongest Plastic Glue
So here’s our recommended list of Heavy-duty Glue for Metal, Plastic, and Wood we found for you on the market today.
#1. E6000 Craft Adhesive Review
- 2 ounce tube of clear adhesive
- Washer/dryer safe
While this glue is one of the best for plastic (great choice), at the same time, it works best on several other materials. You can use it to get a strong bond for ceramic, shoes, metal, wood, glass, fabric, stones, and many more.
Keep in mind; this adhesive for plastic takes more than 24 hours to cure completely. So, don’t expect it to perform instantly. However, it takes about 5 minutes to set.
You better use a small amount of petroleum jelly around the spout area before you put the cap.
E6000 is one of the best adhesives for plastic, I must say. The price is quite reasonable too.
I like its multipurpose nature most. Despite a few minor hiccups, I still consider this one as the top adhesive for plastic.
#2. Loctite 1365882 Glue Review
- Professional-strength ingredients work fast and...
- Fast-setting formula resists moisture, most...
- Pinpoint nozzle allows precise application without...
- Screw-on cap cleans and seals nozzle for clog-free...
- Loctite Super Glue Professional's super strength...
Loctite is a pretty old company. This adhesive for plastic from Loctite is their best for plastic that has been satisfying its users for years.
You have the liberty to choose from different packs (single, 2-packs, 4-packs, 12 packs). If you buy the 4-packs or 12-packs version, it will be a money saver.
As a whole, this super adhesive for plastic from Loctite is something that you can rely on if you are finding some reliable and easy-to-use adhesives.
It’s a good value for the price too. You won’t regret buying this.
#3. Gorilla Super Glue Review
- Impact Tough: Unique rubber particles increase...
- Anti Clog Cap: Keeps glue from drying out. It's...
- Fast-setting: Dries in 10-45 seconds, no clamping...
- Versatile: Bonds plastic, wood, metal, ceramic,...
- Best for instant repairs on smaller indoor...
This Gorilla super glue is considered to be one of the top-notch adhesives for placing rhinestones on plastic.
Though, this adhesive for plastic sets quickly, you should give it at least 24 hours to completely cure.
Remember, the company recommends using a small drop to get the best result. Too much plastic glue can make it weaker.
Gorilla super glue is a quality adhesive for plastic and one of the most popular products, no doubt.
However, to me, this is not the best of the best. Notably, other than DIY projects, I don’t recommend this plastic glue.
It’s inexpensive; you can save even more on each piece if you buy 12 packs or 24 packs option.
#4. J-B Weld 50139 Plastic Bonder Review
- J-B Weld Plasticbonder (Black): A Quick Setting...
- Cure And Set Time: After Mixing The Two Part...
- Strength: J-B Weld Plasticbonder Has Tensile...
- Surface Applications: Thermoset & Carbon Fiber...
J-B Weld 50139 is a quality epoxy adhesive for plastic that you can use effortlessly indoors and outdoors. It’s an excellent gap filler, hence a perfect choice for repairing works. This is one of the heavy-duty glues on my list.
This one is a 1:1 mixer, and you should use it immediately once you are done with mixing.
It sets within 15-20 minutes and can be sanded after 30 minutes.
J-B Weld 50139 provides excellent value for the money, I should say. It works well on several materials. However, this epoxy glue is one of the best options for plastic to plastic and plastic to metal.
To repair things like a busted bumper cover or similar, undoubtedly, this one is one of the best bangs for your buck.
#5. Best for Plastic to Metal: J-B Weld 8276 KwikWeld Review
- J-B Weld Kwikweld: A Fast Setting Version Of The...
- Cure And Set Time: After Mixing The Tubes At A 1:...
- Versatile And Dependable: J-B Weld Kwikweld Is...
- Surface Applications: Metal, Plastic & Pvc, Wood,...
J-B Weld 8276 is another high-quality epoxy glue that I consider as the best for plastic to metal.
That being said, you can use it on almost everything and get a strong bond.
While 6-7 hours is enough to cure this adhesive for plastic completely, I would suggest you wait for at least 10-12 hours before sanding, drilling, or shaping.
J-B Weld is an old brand that has been in the business for more than 40 years. This plastic glue stands behind their experience quite well, and the price of this pack is well worth too.
All in all, this one is a good epoxy adhesive for plastic to metal, hence a good option for using on an automobile, marine repairs, plumbing, etc.
#6. Best Glue for Automotive Plastic: Bondic LED UV Liquid Adhesive
- INCREDIBLE ADHESIVE - When fully cured, Bondic is...
- UV LIGHT ACTIVATED - The incorporated LED UV light...
- BONDIC IS NOT A GLUE - The solvent free formula...
- BOND, BUILD, FIX AND FILL - plastic, wood, metal,...
- COMPLETE PRO KIT - Includes everything needed to...
Unlike the other standard glues, this one doesn’t use air for curing. That means you don’t have to keep it for long to let it cure completely.
It’s you who will decide when to cure it. Once you place the plastic glue, you just have to use the UV light to cure it. The adhesive will be cured right after you use the UV light.
As a whole, this plastic glue from Bondic is quite useful for bonding, fixing, and filling almost anything. You can apply this to plastic, metal, wood, PVC, ceramic, rubber, etc.
This is the best glue for automotive plastic without any doubt whatsoever.
#7. Best Adhesive for Plastic to Wood: GlueMasters Thick Instant Glue
- ★ One Glue To Rule Them All – Glue Masters...
- ★ A True Quick Fix – Settles in just under 60...
- ★ A Hobbyist's Best Friend – Helping bring...
- ★ Versatility – From building scale models to...
- ★ Warning – Not to use on fabrics or clothing...
This plastic glue is a Cyanoacrylate type professional grade super glue from the reputed brand GlueMasters. It’s one of the best glues for plastic to wood.
Remember, it hardens things so well that it can cause a mess if you are not careful enough while using it. Keeping your hands from gluing is a must.
Overall, this one is a top-notch super glue that serves its purpose pretty damn good.
The price is ok too.
Though I’ve reviewed the thick 2 oz thick viscosity, you have the freedom to choose from medium viscosity and different weights.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question #1. Does Gorilla glue work on plastic?
Answer: Yes, it works well on most plastics. That being said, the company doesn’t recommend applying it to plastics like polypropylene and polyethylene. I back their recommendations. It doesn’t work on those types of plastics.
Gorilla glue works best on a rough surface and the chemically open ones. Most of the polymer plastic is chemically closed. That’s why it’s better not to apply Gorilla glue on polypropylene and polyethylene.
Question #2. What will bond plastic to plastic?
Answer: Any good glue that is made for plastic should bond two pieces of plastic together strongly. A super glue-like Loctite 1365882 that I reviewed here is one of the best options for this purpose. J-B Weld 50139 Plastic Bonder is another fabulous option to bond plastic to plastic.
As I said, when it’s about applying glue on plastic like PP and PE, better avoid Gorilla glue.
Question #3. Does Gorilla glue work on metal?
Answer: Yes, it works on metal. However, it’s better to avoid applying Gorilla glue on metal. If you want to use it on metal, then prepare the metal thoroughly.
Question #4. Does wood glue work on plastic?
Answer: Not likely. It is not a good option, I should say. The glues that are mainly made to apply on wood need soaking into the surface to completely cure. Wood can absorb that type of glue effortlessly, but plastic can’t. It’s because plastic doesn’t allow liquid or air to pass it through.
If you apply wood glue on plastic, at first, it might look like things have been bonded together. But it won’t last long.
Question #5. What is the strongest glue in the world?
Answer: If you are looking for a particular brand or model, then there is no definite answer to this. Some people think Flux glue is the strongest one. On the other hand, some people believe Delo Monopox is the strongest adhesive in the world.
The cyanoacrylate glues are perfect, where you require no gap between the objects. On the contrary, epoxy glues are ideal for non-matching surfaces.
Question #6. What is the best glue for polyethylene plastic?
Answer: Our recommended plastic glue is Loctite 681925 Super Glue Plastics Bonding System.
In this best plastic glue review guide, I tried to scrutinize seven top-notch adhesives for plastics.
In the process, I mentioned all the upsides and downsides of each of the plastic glue.
Don’t miss out on the FAQ section.
Which one do you think fits your needs most?
Get in touch if you have any experience to share.
#1. Difference between Gorilla Glue, Super Glue, and Krazy Glue