Table of Contents
- 1 Best Glue for Plastic in 2020: Strongest & Heavy-duty Adhesive
- 1.1 #1. E6000 Craft Adhesive Review
- 1.2 #2. Loctite 1365882 Super Glue Review
- 1.3 #3. Gorilla Super Glue Review
- 1.4 #4. J-B Weld 50139 Plastic Bonder Review
- 1.5 #5. Best Glue for Plastic to Metal: J-B Weld 8276 KwikWeld Review
- 1.6 #6. Best Glue for Automotive Plastic: Bondic LED UV Liquid Adhesive
- 1.7 #7. Best Glue for Plastic to Wood: GlueMasters Thick Instant Glue
- 1.8 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 2 Final Words
Finding the best glue for plastic is not an easy task by any means.
Because you will see a lot of brands on the market, and almost everyone is claiming that they are the best to produce the perfect glue for plastic.
Their marketing gimmick makes things further overwhelming.
On top of that, almost all the glues claim to work on various materials.
Therefore, it’s hard to decide on the strongest glue for plastic.
To clear the air, I’ve done the legwork for you.
In this best glue for plastic reviews article, I’m going to review some of the most effective adhesives to be used on plastic.
Not only that, but I will also review glues that specifically good for plastic to metal, automotive plastic, and plastic to wood.
Things that I mainly considered to judge a glue while reviewing are –
- It’s usability.
- If the glue sets and cures correctly or not.
- How long it holds.
- Whether the glue container is convenient to use or not.
- Is that cost-effective or not.
- And many other things.
Best Glue for Plastic in 2020: Strongest & Heavy-duty Adhesive
So here’s our recommended list of Best Glue for Plastic, Metal and Wood we found for you on the market today.
#1. E6000 Craft Adhesive Review
- 2 ounce tube of clear adhesive
- Washer/dryer safe
While this glue is one of the best glues for plastic, at the same time, it works on several other materials. You can use it to get a strong bond for ceramic, shoe, metal, wood, glass, fabric, stones, and many more.
Keep in mind; this glue takes more than 24 hours to cure completely. So, don’t expect it to perform instantly. However, it takes about 5 minutes to set.
You better use a small amount of petroleum jelly around the spout area before you put the cap.
E6000 is one of the best adhesives for plastic, I must say. The price is quite reasonable too.
I like its multipurpose nature most. Despite a few minor hiccups, I still consider this one as the top glue for plastic.
#2. Loctite 1365882 Super Glue Review
- Professional-strength ingredients work fast and hold strong
- Fast-setting formula resists moisture, most chemicals and cold temperatures
- Pinpoint nozzle allows precise application without dripping or oozing
- Screw-on cap cleans and seals nozzle for clog-free use
- Loctite Super Glue Professional's super strength formula is ideal for heavy-duty projects and repairs.
Loctite is a pretty old company. This glue from Loctite is their best super glue for plastic that has been satisfying its users for years.
You have the liberty to choose from different packs (single, 2-packs, 4-packs, 12 packs). If you buy the 4-packs or 12-packs version, it will be a money saver.
As a whole, this super glue from Loctite is something that you can rely on if you are finding some reliable and easy to use adhesives.
It’s a good value for the price too. You won’t regret buying this.
#3. Gorilla Super Glue Review
- Impact Tough: Unique rubber particles increase impact resistance and strength
- Anti Clog Cap: Keeps glue from drying out. It's Gorilla Tough use after use
- Fill level is 15g.
- Versatile: Bonds plastic, wood, metal, ceramic, rubber, leather, paper, and more. Fast-setting: Dries in 10-45 seconds, no clamping required.
- Best for instant repairs on smaller indoor projects
This Gorilla super glue is considered to be one of the top-notch adhesives for placing rhinestones on plastic.
Though, this glue sets quickly, you should give it at least 24 hours to completely cure.
Remember, the company recommends using a small drop to get the best result. Too much glue can make it weaker.
Gorilla super glue is a quality glue and one of the most popular products, no doubt.
However, to me, this is not the best of the best. Notably, other than DIY projects, I don’t recommend this glue.
It’s inexpensive; you can save even more on each piece if you buy 12 packs or 24 packs option.
#4. J-B Weld 50139 Plastic Bonder Review
- J-B WELD PLASTICBONDER (Black): A quick setting and multipurpose two part urethane adhesive & gap filling system that provides a strong and lasting bond to many plastic surfaces J-B Weld PlasticBonder is great for DIY plastic repairs, filling dents, bumper repairs and more J-B Weld PlasticBonder now comes in a syringe allowing for an easy 1: 1 mix ratio The unique syringe has a re-sealable cap that prevents drying out and leaking, allowing for multiple uses
- CURE AND SET TIME: After mixing the two part formula with the included mixing tray and stir stick, PlasticBonder takes 15 minutes to set and 30 hours to cure J-B Weld PlasticBonder set and cure color is black
- STRENGTH: J-B Weld PlasticBonder has tensile strength of 3770 PSI
- SURFACE APPLICATIONS: Thermoset & Carbon Fiber Composites, Thermoplastics and Coated Metals, Plastic & PVC, Concrete, Ceramic & Tile, Fiberglass, and Aluminum
- DO IT YOURSELF: Big or small, you can DIY it with J-B Weld Our heavy duty epoxy and adhesives repair & restore it right the first time J-B Weld delivers superior performance, quality, and results for the World’s Strongest Bond
J-B Weld 50139 is a quality epoxy glue that you can use effortlessly indoors and outdoors. It’s an excellent gap filler, hence a perfect choice for repairing works. This is one of the heavy-duty glues on my list.
This one is a 1:1 mixer, and you should use it immediately once you are done with mixing.
It sets within 15-20 minutes and can be sanded after 30 minutes.
J-B Weld 50139 provides excellent value for the money, I should say. It works perfectly on several materials. However, this glue is one of the best options for plastic to plastic and plastic to metal.
To repair things like a busted bumper cover or similar, undoubtedly, this one is one of the best bangs for your buck.
#5. Best Glue for Plastic to Metal: J-B Weld 8276 KwikWeld Review
- J-B Weld KwikWeld: A fast setting version of The Original Cold Weld two-part epoxy system that provides strong, lasting repairs to multiple surfaces. Perfect for DIY household, automotive, marine, craft repair and much more
- Cure and Set Time: After mixing the tubes at a 1: 1 ratio, it takes 6 minutes to set and 4-6 hours to cure. Once cured, KwikWeld can be tapped, filled, sanded, molded and drilled. KwikWeld’s set and cure color is dark grey
- Versatile and Dependable: J-B Weld KwikWeld is steel reinforced, has a tensile strength of 3127 PSI and can withstand temperatures up to 230 degrees Fahrenheit (110 degrees Celsius). When fully cured, KwikWeld is waterproof and resistant to petroleum, chemical and acid
- Surface Applications: Metal, Plastic & PVC, Wood, Concrete, Ceramic & Tile and Fiberglass
- Do it Yourself: Big or small, you can DIY it with J-B Weld. Our heavy duty epoxy and adhesives repair & restore it right the first time. J-B Weld delivers superior performance, quality, and results for the World’s Strongest Bond
J-B Weld 8276 is another high-quality epoxy glue that I consider as the best glue for plastic to metal.
That being said, you can use it on almost everything and get a strong bond.
While 6-7 hours is enough to cure this glue completely, I would suggest you wait for at least 10-12 hours before sanding, drilling, or shaping.
J-B Weld is an old brand that has been in the business for more than 40 years. This glue stands behind their experience quite well, and the price of this pack is well worth too.
All in all, this one is a good epoxy glue for plastic to metal, hence a good option for using on an automobile, marine repairs, plumbing, etc.
#6. Best Glue for Automotive Plastic: Bondic LED UV Liquid Adhesive
- INCREDIBLE ADHESIVE - When fully cured Bondic is 100% waterproof and is also heat-resistant. Dries clear and can be sanded or painted after it is hardened. Non toxic
- UV LIGHT ACTIVATED - The incorporated LED UV light has an easy press button and when the liquid is exposed to the UV light it cures in seconds to a permanent bond
- BONDIC IS NOT A GLUE - The solvent free formula stays liquid until it is hardened by UV light which means there is no chance of drying up in the container
- BOND, BUILD, FIX AND FILL - plastic, wood, metal, PVC, steel, rubber, wiring, ceramic, figurines, vinyl, Kevlar, polypropylene, leather and so much more
- COMPLETE STARTER KIT - Includes everything needed to start fixing: applicator, LED UV light, and (2) 4 gram tubes of liquid adhesive, 4" x 4" microfiber cloth all held in a handy metal case
Unlike the other standard glues, this one doesn’t use air for curing. That means you don’t have to keep it for long to let it cure completely.
It’s you who will decide when to cure it. Once you place the glue, you just have to use the UV light to cure it. The adhesive will be cured right after you use the UV light.
As a whole, this glue from Bondic is quite useful for bonding, fixing, and filling almost anything. You can apply this to plastic, metal, wood, PVC, ceramic, rubber, etc.
This is the best glue for automotive plastic without any doubt whatsoever.
#7. Best Glue for Plastic to Wood: GlueMasters Thick Instant Glue
- ★ ONE GLUE TO RULE THEM ALL – Glue Masters offers premium quality industrial strength Cyanoacrylate Resin with the strongest bond on the market for your money. With a fast cure and extended shelf life, you can’t go wrong with us!
- ★ A TRUE QUICK FIX – Settles in just under 60 seconds, this glue is the epitome of easy. Gently apply a small amount of our Instant Glue, and watch the magic happen. Our well balanced thick viscosity offers more control to the user while still giving you a nice even flow to get the job done right without the mess or hassle.
- ★ A HOBBYIST’S BEST FRIEND – Helping bring your models, puzzles, and more to completion is our goal! Our glue is the model builder’s first pick for a quality clear hold and a flow you can trust with those delicate planes, trains, and boats. Don’t take our word for it, just take a look at our customer reviews and see for yourself!
- ★ VERSATILITY – From building scale models to repairing shoe sole, fabric, wood, and more, we’re THE glue for general household repairs, carpentry and whatever else you need fixed! It’s truly a must have for anyone’s toolbox. Our 2oz container offers you enough fixing power for any job, large or small.
- ★ GUARANTEED – Your satisfaction is our number one priority! That’s why we offer an unbeatable 60 DAY GUARANTEE on all of our products! Try us out, and whether you use a little or a lot, if it’s not up to your expectations, just send whatever’s left back our way and we’ll send you back your money! It’s truly that easy.
This glue is a Cyanoacrylate type professional grade super glue from the reputed brand GlueMasters. It’s one of the best glues for plastic to wood.
Remember, it hardens things so well that it can cause a mess if you are not careful enough while using it. Keeping your hands from gluing is a must.
Overall, this one is a top-notch super glue that serves its purpose pretty damn good.
The price is ok too.
Though I’ve reviewed the thick 2 oz thick viscosity, you have the freedom to choose from medium viscosity and different weights.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question #1. Does Gorilla glue work on plastic?
Answer: Yes, it works on most of the plastics. That being said, the company doesn’t recommend applying it on plastics like polypropylene and polyethylene. I back their recommendations. It doesn’t work on those types of plastics.
Gorilla glue works best on a rough surface and the chemically open ones. Most of the polymer plastic is chemically closed. That’s why it’s better not to apply Gorilla glue on polypropylene and polyethylene.
Question #2. What will bond plastic to plastic?
Answer: Any good glue that is made for plastic should bond two pieces of plastic together strongly. A super glue-like Loctite 1365882 that I reviewed here is one of the best options for this purpose. J-B Weld 50139 Plastic Bonder is another fabulous option to bond plastic to plastic.
As I said, when it’s about applying glue on plastic like PP and PE, better avoid Gorilla glue.
Question #3. Does Gorilla glue work on metal?
Answer: Yes, it works on metal. However, it’s better to avoid applying Gorilla glue on metal. If you want to use it on metal, then prepare the metal thoroughly.
Question #4. Does wood glue work on plastic?
Answer: Not likely. It is not a good option, I should say. The glues that are mainly made to apply on wood needs soaking into the surface to completely cure. Wood can absorb that type of glue effortlessly, but plastic can’t. It’s because plastic doesn’t allow liquid or air to pass it through.
If you apply wood glue on plastic, at first, it might look like things have been bonded together. But it won’t last long.
Question #5. What is the strongest glue in the world?
Answer: If you are looking for a particular brand or model, then there is no definite answer to this. Some people think Flux glue is the strongest one. On the other hand, some people believe Delo Monopox is the strongest adhesive in the world.
The cyanoacrylate glues are perfect, where you require no gap between the objects. On the contrary, epoxy glues are ideal for non-matching surfaces.
In this best glue for plastic reviews guide, I tried to scrutinize seven top-notch adhesives for plastics.
In the process, I mentioned all the upsides and downsides of each of the glue.
Don’t miss out on the FAQ section.
Which one do you think fits your needs most?
Get in touch if you have any experience to share.
#1. Difference between Gorilla Glue, Super Glue, and Krazy Glue