Table of Contents
- 1 Best Glue for Plastic: List of Strongest Plastic Glue
- 1.1 #1. E6000 Craft Adhesive Review
- 1.2 #2. Loctite 1365882 Glue Review
- 1.3 #3. Gorilla Super Glue Review
- 1.4 #4. J-B Weld 50139 Plastic Bonder Review
- 1.5 #5. Best for Plastic to Metal: J-B Weld 8276 KwikWeld Review
- 1.6 #6. Best Glue for Automotive Plastic: Bondic LED UV Liquid Adhesive
- 1.7 #7. Best Adhesive for Plastic to Wood: GlueMasters Thick Instant Glue
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 2.1 Question #1. Does Gorilla glue work on plastic?
- 2.2 Question #2. What will bond plastic to plastic?
- 2.3 Question #3. Does Gorilla glue work on metal?
- 2.4 Question #4. Does wood glue work on plastic?
- 2.5 Question #5. What is the strongest glue in the world?
- 2.6 Question #6. What is the best glue for polyethylene plastic?
- 3 Final Words
FramingNailersGuide is reader-supported. If you buy an item through the links on this site, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more
Last Updated on January 12, 2023 by John Patterson
Finding the best adhesive for plastic is not an easy task by any means.
Because you will see a lot of brands on the market, almost everyone is claiming that they are the best to produce heavy-duty glue for plastic.
Their marketing gimmick makes things further overwhelming.
On top of that, almost all the glues claim to work well on various materials.
Therefore, it’s hard to decide on the strongest adhesive for plastic.
To clear the air, I’ve done the legwork for you.
In this best plastic glue review article, I will review some of the most effective adhesives used on plastic.
Not only that, but I will also review the best glues that are specifically good for plastic to metal, automotive plastic, and plastic to wood.
Things that I mainly considered to judge a heavy-duty glue while reviewing are –
- It’s usability.
- If the plastic glue sets and cures correctly or not.
- How long it holds.
- Whether the plastic glue container is convenient to use or not.
- Is that cost-effective or not.
- And many other things.
Let’s start with the best adhesive for plastic guides.
Best Glue for Plastic: List of Strongest Plastic Glue
So here’s our recommended list of Heavy-duty Glue for Metal, Plastic, and Wood we found for you on the market today.
#1. E6000 Craft Adhesive Review
- 2 ounce tube of clear adhesive
- Washer/dryer safe
While this glue is one of the best for plastic (great choice), at the same time, it works best on several other materials. You can use it to get a strong bond for ceramic, shoes, metal, wood, glass, fabric, stones, and many more.
Keep in mind; this adhesive for plastic takes more than 24 hours to cure completely. So, don’t expect it to perform instantly. However, it takes about 5 minutes to set.
You better use a small amount of petroleum jelly around the spout area before you put the cap.
E6000 is one of the best adhesives for plastic, I must say. The price is quite reasonable too.
I like its multipurpose nature most. Despite a few minor hiccups, I still consider this one the top adhesive for plastic.
#2. Loctite 1365882 Glue Review
- Superior Performance: Heavy-duty cyanoacrylate...
- Fast and Easy: Super strength formula sets in...
- Maixmum Control: Features an extra-long, pinpoint...
- Versatile: Works well on a variety of porous and...
- Invisible Repairs: Super glue liquid formula sets...
Loctite is a pretty old company. This adhesive for plastic from Loctite is the best for plastic that has been satisfying its users for years.
You can choose from packs (single, 2-pack, 4-packs, 12-packs). It will be a money saver if you buy the 4-pack or 12-pack version.
As a whole, this super adhesive for plastic from Loctite is something that you can rely on if you are finding some reliable and easy-to-use adhesives.
It’s a good value for the price too. You won’t regret buying this.
#3. Gorilla Super Glue Review
- Impact Tough: Unique rubber particles increase...
- Anti Clog Cap: Keeps glue from drying out. It's...
- Fast-setting: Dries in 10-45 seconds, no clamping...
- Versatile: Bonds plastic, wood, metal, ceramic,...
- Best for instant repairs on smaller indoor...
This Gorilla super glue is considered one of the top-notch adhesives for placing rhinestones on plastic.
Though this adhesive for plastic sets quickly, you should give it at least 24 hours to cure completely.
Remember, the company recommends using a small drop to get the best result. Too much plastic glue can make it weaker.
Gorilla super glue is a quality adhesive for plastic and one of the most popular products.
However, to me, this is not the best of the best. Other than DIY projects, I don’t recommend this plastic glue.
It’s inexpensive; you can save even more on each piece if you buy 12 packs or 24 packs.
#4. J-B Weld 50139 Plastic Bonder Review
- Plasticbonder: Is A Quick-Set, 2 Part, Urethane...
- Count On Us: For More Than 40 Years, Our Products...
- Simple To Use: J-B Plasticbonder Has A 1:1 Mixing...
- Versatile And Dependable: Perfect For Indoor Or...
J-B Weld 50139 is a quality epoxy adhesive for plastic that you can use effortlessly indoors and outdoors. It’s an excellent gap filler, hence a perfect choice for repairing works. This is one of the heavy-duty glues on my list.
This one is a 1:1 mixer, and you should use it immediately after mixing.
It sets within 15-20 minutes and can be sanded after 30 minutes.
J-B Weld 50139 provides excellent value for the money, I should say. It works well on several materials. However, this epoxy glue is one of the best options for plastic-to-plastic and plastic-to-metal.
This one is undoubtedly one of the best bangs for your buck to repair things like a busted bumper cover or similar.
#5. Best for Plastic to Metal: J-B Weld 8276 KwikWeld Review
- J-B Weld Kwikweld: A Fast Setting Version Of The...
- Cure And Set Time: After Mixing The Tubes At A 1:...
- Versatile And Dependable: J-B Weld Kwikweld Is...
- Surface Applications: Metal, Plastic & Pvc, Wood,...
J-B Weld 8276 is another high-quality epoxy glue that I consider the best for plastic to metal.
That being said, you can use it on almost everything and get a strong bond.
While 6-7 hours is enough to cure this plastic adhesive completely, I suggest you wait for at least 10-12 hours before sanding, drilling, or shaping.
J-B Weld has been an old brand in the business for more than 40 years. This plastic glue stands behind their experience quite well, and the price of this pack is well worth too.
This one is a suitable epoxy adhesive for plastic to metal, hence a good option for use on an automobile, marine repairs, plumbing, etc.
#6. Best Glue for Automotive Plastic: Bondic LED UV Liquid Adhesive
- INSTANTLY BOND VARIOUS MATERIALS. Our UV resin...
- VERSATILE LIQUID PLASTIC WELDER. Bondic stays in...
- SAY GOODBYE TO GLUE PROBLEMS. Tired of dealing...
- EXTREMELY DURABLE ADHESIVE. Once cured, Bondic's...
- TAKE IT WITH YOU ANYWHERE. Bondic's epoxy resin...
Unlike the other standard glues, this one doesn’t use air for curing. That means you don’t have to keep it for long to let it cure completely.
It’s you who will decide when to cure it. Once you place the plastic glue, you must use UV light to cure it. The adhesive will be cured right after you use the UV light.
This plastic glue from Bondic is helpful for bonding, fixing, and filling almost anything. You can apply this to plastic, metal, wood, PVC, ceramic, rubber, etc.
This is the best glue for automotive plastic, without any doubt whatsoever.
#7. Best Adhesive for Plastic to Wood: GlueMasters Thick Instant Glue
- ★ One Glue To Rule Them All – Glue Masters...
- ★ A True Quick Fix – Settles in just under 60...
- ★ A Hobbyist's Best Friend – Helping bring...
- ★ Versatility – From building scale models to...
- ★ Warning – Not to use on fabrics or clothing...
This plastic glue is a Cyanoacrylate type professional grade super glue from the reputed brand GlueMasters. It’s one of the best glues for plastic to wood.
Remember, it hardens things so well that it can cause a mess if you are not careful enough while using it. Keeping your hands from gluing is a must.
Overall, this one is a top-notch super glue that serves its purpose pretty damn well.
The price is ok too.
Though I’ve reviewed the thick 2 oz thick viscosity, you can choose from medium viscosity and different weights.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question #1. Does Gorilla glue work on plastic?
Answer: Yes, it works well on most plastics. That being said, the company doesn’t recommend applying it to plastics like polypropylene and polyethylene. I back their recommendations. It doesn’t work on those types of plastics.
Gorilla glue works best on rough surfaces and chemically open ones. Most polymer plastic is chemically closed. That’s why it’s better not to apply Gorilla glue on polypropylene and polyethylene.
Question #2. What will bond plastic to plastic?
Answer: Any good glue that is made of plastic should bond two pieces of plastic together strongly. A super glue-like Loctite 1365882 that I reviewed here is one of the best options for this purpose. J-B Weld 50139 Plastic Bonder is another fantastic option to bond plastic to plastic.
As I said, you better avoid Gorilla glue when it’s about applying glue on plastic like PP and PE.
Question #3. Does Gorilla glue work on metal?
Answer: Yes, it works on metal. However, it’s better to avoid applying Gorilla glue on metal. If you want to use it on metal, prepare it thoroughly.
Question #4. Does wood glue work on plastic?
Answer: Not likely. It is not a good option, I should say. The glues mainly made to apply on wood need soaking into the surface to cure completely. Wood can absorb that type of glue effortlessly, but plastic can’t. It’s because plastic doesn’t allow liquid or air to pass it through.
If you apply wood glue on plastic, it might look like things have been bonded together. But it won’t last long.
Question #5. What is the strongest glue in the world?
Answer: If you are looking for a particular brand or model, there is no definite answer. Some people think Flux glue is the strongest one. On the other hand, some people believe Delo Monopox is the strongest adhesive in the world.
Better, let’s learn which type of glue makes strong bonding. Both cyanoacrylate and epoxy-type glues make strong bonding between the objects.
The cyanoacrylate glues are perfect, where you require no gap between the objects. On the contrary, epoxy glues are ideal for non-matching surfaces.
Question #6. What is the best glue for polyethylene plastic?
Answer: Our recommended plastic glue is Loctite 681925 Super Glue Plastics Bonding System.
I tried to scrutinize seven top-notch adhesives for plastics in this best plastic glue review guide.
In the process, I mentioned all the upsides and downsides of each plastic glue.
Don’t miss out on the FAQ section.
Which one do you think fits your needs most?
Get in touch if you have any experience to share.
#1. Difference between Gorilla Glue, Super Glue, and Krazy Glue