Table of Contents
- 0.1 Gorilla Glue vs Super Glue vs Krazy Glue Explained
- 0.2 Gorilla Glue uses with pros and cons
- 0.3 Super Glue Uses with Pros and Cons
- 0.4 Krazy Glue Uses with Pros and Cons
- 0.5 Gorilla glue vs super glue vs Krazy Glue: which one is best?
- 0.6 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 0.6.1 Question #1: How long does it take for gorilla glue to dry?
- 0.6.2 Question #2: How secure is gorilla glue?
- 0.6.3 Question #3: Does gorilla glue work on metal?
- 0.6.4 Question #4: Where to buy gorilla glue?
- 0.6.5 Question #5: Is gorilla glue toxic?
- 0.6.6 Question #6: How long does super glue take to dry?
- 0.6.7 Question #7: Is super glue waterproof?
- 0.6.8 Question #8: Is super glue conductive?
- 0.6.9 Question #9: Does super glue work on wood?
- 0.6.10 Question #10: Does super glue work on glass?
- 0.6.11 Question #11: Is Krazy glue waterproof?
- 0.6.12 Question #12: Is Krazy glue toxic?
- 0.6.13 Question #13: How to open Krazy glue?
- 0.6.14 Question #14: How long does it take Krazy glue to dry?
- 0.6.15 Question #15: Does Krazy glue work on plastics?
- 1 In Conclusion
DISCLAIMER: THERE ARE AFFILIATE LINKS IN THIS POST. THIS MEANS THAT AT NO COST TO YOU, I WILL RECEIVE A SMALL COMMISSION IF YOU PURCHASE THROUGH MY LINK. I WILL ONLY EVER PROMOTE THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES THAT I TRUST AND 100% RECOMMEND.
The glue was first invented in 4000 BCE approximately. Back then, it was only used for gluing ceramics and statues.
With time, people started using glues for all sorts of activities. And with this increased activity came innovations. Today we have several types of glues. And each of these works in a different way.
Here’s the thing-
Three types of glues are most common today. Gorilla glue, super glue, and Krazy Glue. So, here we will cover up everything about this gorilla glue vs super glue vs Krazy glue feud.
Because using the wrong one might ruin your whole project. Now let’s glue ourselves to the chair and dig right into the details-
Gorilla Glue vs Super Glue vs Krazy Glue Explained
Gorilla Glue uses with pros and cons
Before going through the usage and features, we believe you should know some facts. There are various types of gorilla glues. However, all the glue types have the same basic component. That is polyurethane.
But each of those types has slightly different usage methods. So, we will explain all the methods in short. In most of the cases, you’ll find the exact usage method in the pack.
We have Gorilla wood glue, Epoxy glue, super glue, and construction adhesive in the market. Let’s get to the steps directly-
Gorilla Wood Glue
- Dry up the surface or fit parts
- Apply glue in a liberal way
- Clamp or hold the parts for 20 minutes.
Gorilla Glue Epoxy
- Hold the syringe top and pop it up
- Use your hand or scissors to snap off the end cap
- Squeeze out epoxy mixes into dispenser tray
- Stir the liquids until they mix correctly.
Gorilla Super Glue
- Clean the surface (dry).
- Apply the glue
- Hold for around 30 seconds
Gorilla Construction Glue
- Prepare the cartridge for glue flow
- Apply the glue in a zigzag pattern
- Hold the materials for 10 minutes.
- Allow the pieces 24 hours to dry up properly.
Pros of Gorilla Glue
Gorilla glue makes our lives easier by solving our problems. We all know what gorilla glue does. After all, it’s glue. No, we will not highlight some lame features like its liquid or something.
Here we have gathered up some pros that actually mater. So, let’s get going-
- Is capable of fast curing time.
- Shows resistance to high moisture and temperature changes.
- Has a food-safe rating even after curing.
- It is flexible for painting, sanding, and staining.
- Remains the same size after it sets.
So here’s our recommended Best Gorilla Glue:
- Incredibly strong and versatile; The leading multi-purpose waterproof glue
- Best for tough repairs on dissimilar surfaces, both indoors and out
- 100% Waterproof; Doesn't break down when exposed to outdoor elements
- Versatile; Easily bonds wood, stone, metal, ceramic, foam, glass, concrete and much more!
- Incredibly Strong: Expands 3 times into the materials to form an incredibly strong bond
Cons of Gorilla Glue
Every coin has two sides. And just like that gorilla has its cons too. So, let’s explore the list-
- It doesn’t fill the gaps that well. So, it’s better to have parts that fit tight.
- Cleaning off the glue from hands can be difficult sometimes.
Super Glue Uses with Pros and Cons
Super glue is the most common glue out there. Almost everyone knows what a super glue is and what it does.
So, we’ve figured out it’d be best if we left out the common uses of super glue. Now let’s look at some basics.
Super glue is one type of cyanoacrylate. This compound forms strong bonds extremely quickly. There are different types of cyanoacrylates. Most of those are strong adhesives. Some are used for medical purposes, and some are made for general uses.
Now let’s get deeper-
Super Glue Uses
Super glue can work with any material that has moisture in it. As a result, we’ve come across many creative uses of this material. Here we have prepared a list of those uses. Now let’s explore-
This is actually used in desperate times. If you don’t have anything else in your stash to close your wound, then super glue is a life savior. Just clean up the wound and apply some super glue by closing your skin over the wound.
Stopping Clothing Pulls
Some clothes tend to break down fully from a single pull. In a situation like this, you can use super glue to finish the pull at its birth. As a result, you get to wear that cloth of yours for longer.
Leaks can happen in a lot of things. But leaks can be temporarily stopped by using super glues. You just have to follow a simple procedure for that.
At first, clear out your bottle and then apply super glue to close the leak. Leave it for some time and start using it again.
Here is our list of Best Glue for plastic, Metal, and Wood.
Pros of Super Glue
There are some definite advantages of super glue. And these pros made it so famous worldwide. Now let’s look at some of those-
- Super glue is exceptionally versatile. You can glue anything that has moisture in it.
- It dries out super quickly.
- Super glues create strong bonds that you can rely on.
- It’s a clear compound. So, you don’t have to worry about discoloring the material.
So here’s our recommended Best Super Glue:
- Original Super forms the strongest bonds on clean breaks of non-porous materials
- Super Glue for wood, ceramic, fingernails, metal, pottery, plastic, china, jewellery, and more
- Fast-drying formula bonds instantly and sets in 10-30 seconds; paintable and sand able
- Precision applicator eliminates runs and drips
- Reusable storage comes with 12-Count 2-gram tubes (24 grams total)
Cons of Super Glue
Even this popular glue has some disadvantages. Let’s rethink these cons before using super glues-
- As this works super-fast, you can’t rearrange the pieces after gluing those.
- Super glue activates in a touch of water. So, it can glue your fingers too.
- Many have reported skin irritation due to super glue exposure.
- When applied, superglue releases a fume. This fume is dangerous to health.
Krazy Glue Uses with Pros and Cons
Krazy glue is just ordinary super glue or cyanoacrylate. So, what’s the difference? Well, Krazy Glue is a brand that sells superglue in different formats.
So, why did we include it here? Well, due to the hard works of this brand, people are now using glues in some peculiar situations. Moreover, Krazy glue delivers us some extra advantages that are super hard to find in other products.
However, with those unique pros, Krazy glue gives us some cons too. And here, we will discuss those. Now let’s not waste any more time and start with the details-
Krazy Glue Uses
Besides their all-purpose glues, Krazy glue has innovated some other products. These products take the gluing experience to a whole new level.
As Krazy glue is just a superglue, we believe you already where to use it. So, here we have decided to list up the innovative products of Krazy glue. But there’s more to the list waiting for you. Now, let’s start with it-
Maximum Bond Glue for Wood and Leather
Regular super glue isn’t that good in sticking leather and wood. That’s because these materials are usually dry. And superglue uses water to create bonds.
So, Krazy glue brought in this innovative solution. This glue creates strong bonds, even in wood and leather.
The Glue Pen
One disadvantage of super glue is that it becomes unusable after a few days. But this solution of Krazy glue brings the glue in pen. So, you can precisely apply the glue for as long as it lasts.
Color Change Glue
Regular super glue is colorless. This is a pro and con at the same time. Because of this, it’s hard to see where the glue is going while pouring it. So, sometimes the glue falls on hand and other surfaces. As a result, you end up in a troubling situation.
To tackle this, Krazy glue has innovated its color-changing solution. While pouring, it’ll be purple. But once it dries up, it’ll look like regular glue, which means colorless.
Using regular superglue on a vertical surface is problematic. So, this gel-based glue was innovated by Krazy glue.
You’ll get the same amount of stickiness without any dripping.
Sometimes, touching glue becomes inevitable. And to protect people from sticking their fingers together, Krazy glue innovated this formula. Here you’ll get some extra time before the glue starts working.
So, you’ll get the chance to move the glue in the meantime.
Krazy Glue Pros
We have loads of pros here. With Krazy Glue you can-
- Use the glue for as long as you want.
- Use the glue in a precise way.
- Use the glue vertically.
- Use the glue freely without the tension of sticking fingers
So here’s our recommended Best Krazy Glue:
- The brush-on applicator provides excellent surface coverage that’s easy to control on large surfaces and in hard-to-reach areas
- Brush stays fresh in no-clog bottle and the bristles of the brush don’t stick together
- Great for office projects, school work and crafting
Krazy Glue Cons
Krazy glue has addressed most of the cons of regular super glues. But it still has some-
- The cyanoacrylate fume is dangerous to human health
- These glues are unable to fill up the gap between two pieces
Gorilla glue vs super glue vs Krazy Glue: which one is best?
To be fair, here, regular super glue is out of the question. The primary battle is between Krazy glue and gorilla glue.
Gorilla glue has a wide range of uses that Krazy glue cannot perform. For example, the construction uses are out of hand for Krazy glue.
On the other hand, Krazy glue has brought innovative solutions that allow us to use glues vertically and more precisely.
So, it all depends on your purpose what you want to use it for. If it’s for construction purposes, then go for Gorilla glue. If you’re going to repair your broken glass bird, then it’s a job for Krazy glue.
The best one is the one you need.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question #1: How long does it take for gorilla glue to dry?
Answer: Gorilla glue has a lot of variants. The wood glue takes 20 minutes. The gorilla super glue takes around 20 seconds. And the construction glue takes 10 minutes to set. But it takes around 24 hours to dry up fully.
Question #2: How secure is gorilla glue?
Answer: It depends on the materials. Wood to wood bond is considered the strongest, whereas a metal to metal bond is considered weakest. However, the bond is pretty strong. It’s considered that the bond will be stronger than the wood itself. Moreover, it can be sandpapered.
Question #3: Does gorilla glue work on metal?
Answer: Yes, it does. But the bond is comparatively weak considered to other material bonds. However, the bond is strong enough to stick the pieces together for a long time.
Question #4: Where to buy gorilla glue?
Answer: You can buy gorilla glue from amazon. Or you can go to some hardware shop to find one. However, be sure that you’re not getting scammed.
Question #5: Is gorilla glue toxic?
Answer: Yes, gorilla glue is toxic. It might cause intestinal blockage if swallowed. Moreover, it’s suggested to wash with water if the glue goes into the eyes. The same advice is if it’s on skin. If someone breathes in this glue, then it’s possible to have breathing problems.
Question #6: How long does super glue take to dry?
Answer: It takes around 20 to 30 seconds for the super glue to dry. Generic super glue will dry up in the pack within a week of the first usage. However, Krazy glue has the skin guard super glue. This takes more time to dry, allowing the user to remove any unwanted glue spills.
Question #7: Is super glue waterproof?
Answer: The answer here is no. Super glues are not waterproof. However, you can expect that the glue will stand in front of a sudden water spill or something like that. Going full-on Aquaman on it is discouraged.
Question #8: Is super glue conductive?
Answer: No. Super glues are cyanoacrylates. Which means superglues are polymer-based components. Do you know what else a polymer-based component is? Plastic. So, with superglue, you have to worry if a drop is bothering your connection or not.
Question #9: Does super glue work on wood?
Answer: Regular super glue doesn’t bond well on wood. It works, but it’s not that strong. However, Krazy glue has innovated some super glue variants that work on wood as well. But if you’re pessimistic about it all, you can always count on gorilla glue in case of woodworking.
Question #10: Does super glue work on glass?
Answer: Cyanoacrylates don’t work on glass. You need some sort of variant formula for that. In general silicon-based glues work perfectly on glasses. However, there’s one technique of using this. You have to make sure that the glue fills up the gap between two glasses by pushing the air outside. Ultimately, the pieces will stay together because of the pressure outside.
Question #11: Is Krazy glue waterproof?
Answer: Krazy glue is considered to be water-resistant. Including phthalic anhydrite with base super glue can also make that waterproof.
Question #12: Is Krazy glue toxic?
Answer: According to the Krazy glue website, this is not toxic. However, it’s still suggested not to swallow it. The same goes for breathing close to it. If the glue goes into the eyes, keep on rinsing and call the emergency helpline. Just keep it to the gluing work.
Question #13: How to open Krazy glue?
Answer: It depends on which product you are using. The glue pen works just like a pen. Other products come with caps. You can open by removing the cap.
Question #14: How long does it take Krazy glue to dry?
Answer: Krazy glue dries up within 20 to 30 seconds. However, the skin guard variation won’t glue skins that quickly. It gives the users some time to clear up the glue off the hands.
Question #15: Does Krazy glue work on plastics?
Answer: Krazy glue has forbidden the users to use it on polyethylene or any type of fluorocarbons. So, you can use it on any plastics if those don’t fall into this list.
There’s no clear winner in the feud of gorilla glue vs super glue vs Krazy glue. But we now know which glue is best in which situation. So, it’s better to keep all these in your home or office. Just make sure to follow the safety measures while using these glues.
Now go and show your creativity with these glues. Good luck.