Table of Contents
- 1 Kobalt Tools Reviews: Power & Hand Tools Rated
- 1.1 #1. Kobalt 24V MAX Brushless 2 Tool Combo Kit
- 1.2 #2. Kobalt 10 PC Pliers And Wrench Set
- 1.3 #3. Kobalt 40-Volt Cordless Electric Leaf-Blower
- 1.4 #4. Kobalt 24-Volt Brushless Motor Cordless Combo Kit
- 1.5 #5. Kobalt Cordless Impact Wrench
- 1.6 #6. Kobalt 45-Piece Screwdriver Bit Set
- 1.7 #7. Kobalt Power Tool Battery
- 2 Final Verdict
FramingNailersGuide is reader-supported. If you buy an item through the links on this site, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more
Last Updated on March 16, 2021 by John Patterson
Any homeowner will understand the need for home improvement tools. With this particular aspect in mind, high-quality Kobalt tools have been launched in 1998, and have become a household name in North America and Australia.
Before we get to the review, let’s take a look at some of their renowned products:
- Kobalt 24V MAX Brushless 2 Tool Combo Kit
- Kobalt 10 PC Pliers And Wrench Set
- Kobalt 40-Volt Lithium-ion (Li-Ion) 350-CFM 100-MPH Medium-Duty Cordless Electric Leaf-Blower
- Kobalt 24-Volt Max 4-Tool Lithium-ion (Li-Ion) Brushless Motor Cordless Combo Kit With Soft Case
- Kobalt 24-Volt Max-Volt ½-in Drive Cordless Impact Wrench
- Kobalt 45-Piece Screwdriver Bit Set
- Kobalt 24-Volt Max 4-Amp-Hours Lithium Power Tool Battery KB 424-03
In order to better understand the products, take a look at our reviews below!
Kobalt Tools Reviews: Power & Hand Tools Rated
There are so many units available that a good review of power tools will help to clear up all the confusion.
In this review section, we covered a review of Kobalt power tools, cordless tools, hand tools, and air tools and found the best products for you on the market today.
#1. Kobalt 24V MAX Brushless 2 Tool Combo Kit
- Kobalt 24-volt max cordless combo kit includes 1/2-in drill/driver, 1/4-in impact driver, 24-volt max high-capacity Li-ion battery and charger
- 1/4-in impact driver features a brushless motor that delivers up to 1,800-in-lbs of torque, and electronic speed control with 3 speed settings (0-850, 0-2,000 and 0-2,700 RPM)
- 1/2- in drill/driver features a long-lasting brushless motor that delivers up to 650-in-lbs of torque, 2-speed gearbox, variable-speed trigger and a keyless all-metal chuck
- 1/4-in quick-release collet allows for fast bit changes
- Built-in LEDs on both tools illuminate your work space and increase accuracy
This power tools kit includes a ½ inch drill, ¼ inch impact driver, a 24V lithium-ion battery, and a charger. The drill does a great job, and the impact driver is strong yet gentle so that the wood screws will not be stripped out.
Now, the speed settings on the impact are very convenient. It has 3 settings; one for light work, one for medium work, and one for hard work.
Its 24V battery is long-lasting, and it is also cheap to replace if needed. The price of the kit is also very affordable, giving you sufficient bang for the bucks.
There may be a lag between turning the Kobalt tool on and getting it to work, and the drill might loosen and fall off sometimes.
If you are looking for a great drill plus a powerful yet gentle impact driver for a good price, then look no further.
#2. Kobalt 10 PC Pliers And Wrench Set
- Set includes 9 commonly used pliers and 1 adjustable wrench
- Chrome nickel steel pliers
- Chrome vanadium steel wrench and locking pliers
- Meets or exceeds ANSI standards
This Kobalt hand tools set consists of 10 pieces of wrenches and pliers made up of various different materials – chrome, nickel, vanadium, and steel. There are 9 pliers in the set, and 1 adjustable wrench, all coming with a nice matte finish.
The products are all well crafted, giving a premium feel. And they work smoothly with any household or vehicle-related issues.
Durability is a big point in favor of this set, and not to mention the wonderful grips the products provide. The price is a bit high, but the units are worth it, and it comes with a lifetime warranty. This set does not come with a case or a travel bag.
If the price is not a factor for you, or if you can push the budget a little, then go for this Kobalt tools set. It will, by no means, disappoint!
#3. Kobalt 40-Volt Cordless Electric Leaf-Blower
- Battery/Charger Not Included
- Axial fan delivers 100-MPH and 350-CFM to easily move leaves and debris from your yard, so it stays looking neat and tidy
- Variable-speed trigger allows you to match airflow to the task, and cruise control maintains output without keeping your finger on the trigger
- Electric push-button start eliminates cords for fast, effortless starting, so you can get to work in no time
This is the perfect power tool to blow off leaf and grass clippings from your patio, lawn, or driveway! Right after trimming, edging, or mowing your lawn, or after a storm has hit, this product will provide the power to clean your front yard with ease.
The variable-speed trigger enables control over airflow, so it is efficient to use for different purposes. And the 350 CFM 100 MPH feature allows it to pile leaves together, eliminating the need to use a rake.
It does not come with a battery or charger, so these must be bought separately, but one charge of the battery can last up to 35-40 minutes on maximum power. The blowing power is good enough for low to moderate work, which is enough for the average Joe.
Also, the product is lightweight, making it very easy to carry around, which is an important aspect when it comes to leaf-blowers.
If you have a trimmer/edger, and just need some leftover clippings and dirt cleared, then buy this leaf-blower.
#4. Kobalt 24-Volt Brushless Motor Cordless Combo Kit
- 1/2-in drill/driver features a brushless motor that delivers 650-in-lbs of torque, 2-speed gearbox, variable-speed trigger and a keyless, all-metal chuck for quick bit changes
- 1/4-in impact driver features a brushless motor that delivers up to 1,800-in-lbs of torque, and electronic speed control that generates up to 2,700 RPM
- Reciprocating saw features a variable-speed trigger (0-3,100-SPM), 1-1/8-in blade stroke, tool-free blade change, adjustable tool-less shoe, manual trigger lock and low vibration
- Built-in LEDs on all cordless tools illuminate your work space and increase accuracy
- LED work light with 135° rotating head provides 200 lumens, and features a convenient tool hook so it stays within reach
This assembly contains a cordless ½ inch drill and a ¼ inch impact driver. The impact driver contains a brushless motor that delivers a huge amount of speed and power, making it ready to be used for heavy work.
Moreover, this kit also contains a reciprocating saw, saw blade, a lithium-ion battery with decent battery life, and a charger. The reciprocating saw contains a speed varying trigger, easy blade change without the requirement of any tools, and a lock that can be operated manually.
Additionally, this product has built-in LED lights on all the cordless tools, making it very convenient to use in low-light conditions. This kit comes with a 5-year warranty for the tools and a 3-year warranty for the battery.
It is a bit heavier than the Kobalt 24V MAX Brushless 2 Tool Combo kit, however.
This product is ideal for use if you do not mind the weight, as it will serve as a great cordless drill and impact driver with nice battery life.
#5. Kobalt Cordless Impact Wrench
- Highly-efficient brushless motor provides 650-ft-lbs of breakaway torque
- Variable-speed trigger generates 0-1,900-RPM no-load speed and 2,400-IPM for faster application speed
- Built-in LED work light illuminates dimly lit work spaces
- 24-volt max 4.0-Ah Li-ion battery features a built-in fuel gauge to keep you informed of battery charge
This Kobalt tool has amazing torque, enabling it to work on even the tightest of nuts. It comes with built-in LED lights for ease of use in dark spaces and comes with a 24V lithium-ion battery. The battery life is great, and it can be used without any headache of charging soon.
Moreover, this Kobalt tool can be used at home and even in the toughest vehicles, like trucks without encountering any problems.
It also contains a bar to indicate how much fuel is available, so only one glance will enable you to know how much battery is left. The price is a bit high, but it is made up for by the amazing product.
However, the plastic that holds up the battery may wear off, so that is something to keep an eye on.
This is truly a product which should be bought even if you have to think twice about the price! Power and convenience make a great duo after all!
#6. Kobalt 45-Piece Screwdriver Bit Set
- Includes: Impact Magnetic Bit Holder, 24 assorted 1-inch driver bits, 14 assorted 2-inch driver bits 4 Magnetic Nut Drivers: 14", 5/16", 3/8", 7/16", (2) 1/4"hex to square adapters: 1/4", 3/8"
This product contains an impact magnetic bit holder, assorted driver bits, and 4 magnetic nut drivers. The magnetic bit holder absorbs shock on impact and is very strong. And the assorted driver bits are of two types: 1 inch and 2 inches.
There are 24 assorted 1-inch driver bits and 14 assorted 2-inch ones. This versatility provides for everything you might need to be done, as they are of standard sizes, which are commonly found.
The price of the kit is affordable and more than worth the product. And the case is also very easy and convenient to open and close. The closure of the case might sometimes come off in hand, however. If you need an all-in-one screwdriver set, then there is no need to look elsewhere!
Saying that the only con of this product is in the case should be enough! Nice, inexpensive, and versatile screwdrivers, they really do not leave much space for wanting more.
#7. Kobalt Power Tool Battery
Looking for a battery with an amazing life and power? Well then, this might be the one for you! This product is a 24V 4 Amp battery, making it great for the above-mentioned features. Only 1 hour is needed to recharge it fully, making it very time-efficient to use.
It also has a built-in indicator to display the battery charge, so it is convenient to know how much power you have left. Other than that, this product has such an internal circuit system that prevents it from overheating, over-discharging, and over-charging, leading to a more prolonged life.
The unit also comes with a 3-year warranty, so you do not need to worry while trying it out. It is compatible with all Kobalt power tools, so it can be used interchangeably. The charger is not included with the product though.
This is a battery to go with any of your Kobalt power tools, with a long-lasting feature and quick recharging option on top of that! Rest assured, this battery is well worth the purchase.
If you are looking for any home-improvement tools or tools in general, then have no doubt that high-quality Kobalt tools are the ones for you!
They not only have great power tools but also great cordless hand tools, as well.
Hopefully, this Review will act as a guide for your home-improvement journey! Before finish let’s know more about Kobalt Tools Company.