Table of Contents
- 1 5 Best Slide Hammer Reviews for 2020
- 1.1 #1. OTC 4579 9-Way Slide Hammer Puller Set
- 1.2 #2. XtremepowerUS 13LBS Dent Puller w/Slide Hammer
- 1.3 #3. CARTMAN Slide Hammer Puller Set
- 1.4 #4. OTC 7703 Slide Hammer Puller
- 1.5 #5. Neiko 02236A Automotive Slide Hammer Puller Kit
- 1.6 What to Look for Before Buying?
- 1.7 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 2 In Conclusion
Anyone doing work at repair workshops or even some DIY rebuilding knows how useful a slide hammer can be. Whether you want to pull dents or strike the object from a certain angle or side, a slide hammer makes it all more comfortable to do.
However, if you want the best results, you need to get the best slide hammer. There are a lot of slide hammers out there that are very good. So, we understand if it feels a bit overwhelming to find the best one (paid-link).
That is why we have put together a list of the five heavy-duty slide hammers that we believe will suit you perfectly. We have also listed down some things that you may want to consider when buying such a product.
5 Best Slide Hammer Reviews for 2020
So what makes the best product? And how do you know if you have found the best one? Well, we know how stressful it can be to find such a product, and that is why we are going to help you out.
Below we have listed 5 slide hammers that we believe to be the best. Without any further ado, let us get to it!
#1. OTC 4579 9-Way Slide Hammer Puller Set
- OTC's 9-Way Slide Hammer Puller Set is ideal for pulling flange-type rear axles and most front-wheel drive hubs
- Internal and external jaws provide a variety of combinations to pull bearings, gears, and seals
- Two- and three-way cross blocks and cone provide the perfect jaw configuration for most jobs
- Includes a grip wrench adapter and a dent puller attachment for sheet metal or other unique pulling requirements
- Designed for use with other OTC 5/8 inch-18 thread slide hammer attachments
The first product on our list is the OTC 4579. This product comes to you in a polished chrome finish. With this slide hammer, pulling flange-type rear axles and almost any type of front-wheel drive hubs become super easy!
This thing has both internal and external jaws, which will allow you to pull bearings, seals, and gears with many different combinations. It even features a grip wrench adapter, as well as a dent puller attachment for any sort of pulling requirements.
The product has been constructed for use with other OTC 5/8 inch-18 thread slide hammer attachments. It weighs about 7.19 pounds, and its dimensions are 24 x 9.5 x 4.5 inches. This one here is a heavy-duty product that is great for rear axle hubs.
No matter what kind of a job you need it for, this slide hammer can do it all. It can handle many different types of pulling tasks, be it for bearings or gears. With this, you get the option to replace the push bolt very fast, without needing to remove the entire attachment.
Overall, this slide hammer is one of the best we have seen. It will not only make your job a whole lot easier but also allow you to do a lot of repair work. With all the great things it offers, it is truly worth the money.
#2. XtremepowerUS 13LBS Dent Puller w/Slide Hammer
- Heavy duty drop-forged carbon steel construction, tempered and treated with oxide to resist rust and corrosion for added durability
- Solid steel shaft with knurled handle for sure grip. A long shaft allows a more powerful pulling force. Perfect for both home and business. Solid steel shaft with knurled handle for sure grip and a long shaft allows a more powerful pulling force
- The dent puller set can work on most cars and trucks. Removes dents for auto body repair work without having to extract the vehicle's inside panels and upholsteries
- Versatile puller assortment lets you handle all kinds of pounding and pulling operations.
- Comes with a portable plastic case for easy carrying. Keeps all the repair tools tidy and resist
The next product on this list is the XtremepowerUS Dent Puller Hammer. It is a heavy-duty product that has been constructed with carbon steel. This thing can resist rust and corrosion as it has been modified with oxide.
However, its high durability is not the only great thing about the slide hammer. It has a solid steel shaft, along with a knurled handle for a better grip. Also, having a longer shaft makes it a stronger pull.
You will be able to use this set on almost any cars and trucks. With this, you will not even need to take the entire vehicle apart just to pull some dents. It contains a variety of attachments, which makes it easy to pull creased metal sheets back to its place.
To make your life even easier, this thing comes with a portable plastic case. So, you can just easily carry it around. Not only that, but the portable case also keeps everything neat and tidy. You can do all sorts of pulling operations using this tool.
This slide hammer is a great one for the money. It is easy to use, highly durable, and serves its purpose very well. So, do not miss out on this fantastic product!
#3. CARTMAN Slide Hammer Puller Set
- Ideal for internal and external pulling on bearing cups, stubborn oil seals, Bushings, and many press fitted parts.
- Features: Internal and External Three Leg and Two Leg jaw puller yokes.
- 5lb. Slide Hammer, 425mm long, 5/8"UNF thread
- Front Hub puller, Rear Axle puller, Locknut Cone
- Dent puller screws (large and small), Supplied in blow mold storage case.
Moving on, the next product we will be telling you about is the CARTMAN. It has excellent value for the money since it can do all sorts of pulling operations with ease.
Be it internal or external pulling, it can do all tasks like bearing cups, oil seals, and any tightly-fitted parts. This 1.54-pound product is about 425mm long with a 5/8 inch UNF thread. It even features 3 Leg and 2 Leg jaw puller yokes.
Along with all that, this set also includes both large and small dent puller screws. Want to know the best part? You get all this in a blow mold storage case. So, both storing and carrying the set becomes easier.
No matter what kind of a task you need it for, be it as a Front Hub puller, or an Axle puller, this slide hammer will do it all. It is of great quality and will serve you for a long time. And it even gets the job done fast!
So, as you can see, this slide hammer can pull off a lot of tasks. It is of very high quality with some great features. We believe this product is worth considering!
#4. OTC 7703 Slide Hammer Puller
- This heavy-duty slide hammer puller gets tough with those really stuck parts
- Heat treated
- 24 inches long
- 5/8 inch-18 threaded end to adapt to any of OTC's pulling attachments
- This hammer gives you the extra muscle for really stubborn pulling jobs
This heavy-duty product, OTC 7703, is another one that will give you years of service without much trouble. Its ideal for professional use and is highly recommended for all.
The slide hammer is 24 inches long with a 5/8 inch 18 pieces thread. So, you can easily adapt it to any of the product’s pulling attachments. This thing is so good at what it does that you will not need to add more strength when working.
So for even the toughest of pulling jobs, this slide hammer gives you the extra muscle that you need to pull it off.
It includes a jaw tightening cone for all internal and external pulls. Another thing the manufacturer made sure to add is the grip wrench adapter.
Furthermore, this slide hammer is heat-treated as well. With this thing, you can pull apart even the most tightly fitted parts. The product weighs about 12 pounds, and it is very light compared to other products available in the market. You can replace front wheel hubs and many others without any trouble.
So these are things that make this slide hammer so great. It has everything you may need from such a tool.
This heavy-duty product is perfect for professional use and provides that extra muscle to the user. Replacing wheel hubs and wheel bearings have never been easier!
#5. Neiko 02236A Automotive Slide Hammer Puller Kit
- Easily remove mechanical, press-fit parts (bearings, bushings, gears, pulleys, etc.) from a shaft; Remove shafts from inside a hole
- 5-pound steel slide hammer constructed of chrome vanadium steel for smooth operation, improved durability, corrosion resistance
- Full kit, ideal for use on a wide variety of pulling applications, including pulling dents; Fits many sizes of bearings, gears and shafts
- Includes an external 3-jaw puller, internal 3-jaw puller, external 2-jaw puller, internal 2-jaw puller
- 5-lb hammer, shank,T-bar assembly, grip wrench adapter, dent puller, pulling (cone) adapter, seal hook; Hard plastic blow-molded carrying case
Finally, the last product we will tell you about is the Neiko 02236A kit. Neiko is a widely popular choice of manufacturer. If you are looking for a very powerful slide hammer, this may just be the one for you.
Here, you will find the tool that provides you with all you need from such a product. With this, you can very easily remove mechanical, tightly fitted parts such as bearings, gears, and pulleys from the shaft.
The set comes with a 5-pound slide hammer that is made of chrome vanadium steel. Not just that, the product even ensures a smooth working yet durable operation. The complete kit contains everything you may need for your repair work.
A grip wrench adapter, T-bar assembly, dent puller, you will find it all in this set. It can fit bearings, shafts, and gears of all sizes.
This thing even includes a pulling adapter and seal hook. It is effortless to carry around. Not just for pulling out dents, you can easily use this tool for all types of pulling tasks.
If you are looking for a compelling product, without spending a fortune on it, you should check this product out for yourself. Being one of the best slide hammers, this thing will not let you down!
What to Look for Before Buying?
Since you now know all about these products, let us move on to how you can buy the best one. We know that the struggle of finding the perfect slide hammer can be painful. That is why there are some things that you need to consider before you go out and purchase one of these products.
The quality of a product is an essential thing that you need to consider when buying something new. And the same goes for a slide hammer. The durability, performance, and strength all depend on its quality. So, make sure you pick one that is excellent in terms of quality.
The durability of your slide hammer matters. You do not want to invest a lot of money into something that will not even last a month.
Therefore, you need to look for the most durable slide hammer you can find. That way, it can survive the rough use you are likely to put it through.
The performance of your slide hammer depends on its strength. So, the stronger it is, the easier it will be for the product to repair or to pull tasks effectively.
The price of the product is a significant factor if you want to stick to your budget. Many great slide hammers offer the best of service and yet come at a very reasonable price.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question #1. How to use a slide hammer?
Answer: We have described the step-by-step guide with its uses.
Question #2. What is a slide hammer used for?
Answer: The purpose of a slide hammer is to pull out dents in repair work to loosen or pull off any tight parts.
Question #3. How do you use a slide hammer bearing puller?
Answer: Using a slide hammer bearing puller can be pretty straightforward, depending on the product. Say, if you want to use it to pull a wheel hub, you are going to need a hub adapter on the hub.
Then, you need to fasten the lug nuts to tighten the adapter. Just insert the slide hammer and fasten it safely to place using the large nut. End the procedure by sliding the tool back and forth to pull the wheel hub.
Question #4. How does a slide hammer dent puller work?
Answer: A slide hammer dent puller works by using the weight of its long metal shaft to slide up and down. At one end, there is a point for an attachment. On the other, there is a stop for weight. It is then used to remove bearings or pull dents.
So, these are all those things that you need to know about buying a slide hammer. We hope this article helps you out a bit, and you find it easier to find the best slide hammer on the market.
So, what are you waiting for? Go and get yourself the best slide hammer and start repairing!