Table of Contents
- 1 Rotorazer Competition for 2020
- 2 Rotorazer Reviews for 2020: Top 3 Products
- 2.1 #1. Rotorazer 2020 Model Reviews: BRAND NEW 7-Saws-In-One
- 2.2 #2. Rotorazer Platinum Circular Saw
- 2.3 #3. Rotorazer Multi-purpose Circular Mini Saw with 3 Interchangeable Blades and Dust Extraction System – Red
- 3 Rotorazer Alternative for 2020
- 4 Rotorazer competitors and alternatives 2020
- 5 Rotorazer vs Versacut vs Rotozip vs Dremel
- 6 Which things to Consider Before Buying a Rotorazer?
- 6.1 How to change the blades of Rotorazer saw?
- 6.2 How to Change the Blade in a Circular Saw?
- 6.3 How to use the Dust Extraction System of Rotorazer Saw?
- 6.4 Rotorazer Storage instructions
- 6.5 Safety and security
- 7 Final Verdict
For the best mini circular saw, check out our Rotorazer Reviews and alternative guide of 2020. We researched the tools, considered real customer reviews and feedback before writing this honest and unbiased review.
We interviewed one expert before preparing this buying guide. In one single article, you are getting Rockwell Versacut Reviews, Dremel, Worx, Bosch Rotozip Rotosaw Reviews and Rotorazer vs Versacut vs Rotozip vs Dremel as well.
Isn’t it satisfying to see your handiwork, especially if you did it all from scratch? As satisfying as it is, DIY projects for home improvement aren’t always easy. While starting out is the hardest part, using the wrong tools makes the whole experience frustrating.
To avoid all that, and the need to buy many, look for multi-purpose tools. A rotorazer is one such tool! Rotorazers replace jigsaws, hacksaws, and circular saws, among other saws.
Throughout this review, you will gain insights on the best mini circular saw and you will avoid costly purchases. Simply put, this RotoSaw Reviews guides you to the most efficient, and high-performance rotorazer and its alternatives. Let’s get started!
Rotorazer Competition for 2020
Rotorazer Reviews for 2020: Top 3 Products
#1. Rotorazer 2020 Model Reviews: BRAND NEW 7-Saws-In-One
- LIGHT WEIGHT ELECTRIC CIRCULAR SAW versatile, and easy-to-use perfect for any DIY home projects (installing wood floors, tiles, grout repair, fences, planters, herb gardens, signs, bird houses, drywall repair, doll houses, and much more)
- CUT ANY TYPE OF MATERIAL from PVC, drywall, carpet and hardwood to ceramic tile, plastic, marble, metal & steel. Circular Saw Kit comes with multiple saw blades (Tungsten Carbide, Diamond, Steel)
- EASILY CUTS IN ANY DIRECTION - horizontally, vertically, straight lines, curved lines, corners, & even upside down. POWERFUL 480 watt MOTOR and 4200 RPMS. Cuts through 1" material in a single pass. Adjustable thickness depth
- 7 DIFFERENT SAWS IN ONE. Rotorazer is combination of Jigsaw, Circular, Hand, Band, Tile, Hacksaw, and Miter saw
- OFFICIAL AS SEEN ON TV TRUSTED BRAND -Makes a great gift for Dad’s in-home construction projects and Mom’s DIY crafting projects. Unlock the DIY in you!
Read the full review of Rotorazer 2020 model.
#2. Rotorazer Platinum Circular Saw
- ELECTRIC MINI CIRCULAR SAW versatile, and easy-to-use perfect for any DIY home projects for men and women (installing wood floors, tiles, grout repair, fences, planters, herb gardens, signs, bird houses, doll houses, drywall repair, pipes, and much more).
- STRONGER MOTOR (500W / 4500 RPMs) than original Rotorazer (400W / 3400 RPMs) for advanced projects. Cuts 3/4" in a single pass (vs. 1/2" with Rotorazer Original). Adjustable thickness depth. NEW INCLUDED ATTACHMENTS, such as the Parallel Guide Rail ensures straight, precise cuts easily and quickly.
- CUT ANY TYPE OF MATERIAL from PVC, drywall, carpet and hardwood to ceramic tile, plastic, marble, metal & steel. Circular Saw Kit comes with multiple multi saw blades (Tungsten Carbide, Diamond, Steel), Dust Collector, Saw Case. 85MM blades (vs 54.8MM original rotorazer blades).
- EASILY CUTS IN ANY DIRECTION - horizontally, vertically, straight lines, curved lines, corners, & even upside down. 7 DIFFERENT SAWS IN ONE. Rotorazer is combination of Jigsaw, Circular, Hand, Band, Tile, Hacksaw, and Miter saw.
- AUTHENTIC AS SEEN ON TV. TRUSTED BRAND Makes a great gift for Dad!
Your remodeling and crafts projects will go faster with this rotorazer. A look at the rotorazer saw platinum reviews reveal that this is a beloved rotorazer that does what it is supposed to, efficiently.
Power and Performance
It is a high-performance tool thanks to its powerful motor, tough blades and durable construction. The other reasons for the top rating include the presence of interchangeable blades, lightweight design, versatility, ease of use, and the presence of guide rails for multidirectional cutting.
This rotorazer platinum circular saw has a 500-watt motor that runs at a maximum speed of 4500 RPMs. The power makes the rotorazer ideal for woodworking, metal cutting, and stone cutting.
This weighs less than 10lbs, and the parts are easy to attach. The lightweight and ease of assembly mean that anyone can use the device.
This circular saw comes with three razor-sharp cutting blades namely: steel, diamond, and tungsten carbide blades. These blades are interchangeable hence the versatility of the saw in metal cutting, stone and tile cutting, and woodworking respectively.
It features a lever that lets you cut through thick, medium and shallow materials – you can adjust the depth of the blades up to 1 inch and use the roto saw for any project.
You can cut in any direction with the help of the guide rail. The guide rail gives precise cuts all the time as you see where you cut.
Why we bought Rotorazer Platinum Circular Saw?
A Rotorazer Platinum Circular saw is a 7-in-1 package that is multifunctional and an excellent choice if you are looking for versatility. Our personal experience, analysis of Amazon user reviews and expert advice reveals that this is the best rotorazer available on the market.
The cutting depth is thicker than others. The single downside is that you cannot use it for intensive work. For home improvement projects, this is the best mini circular saw we are using.
#3. Rotorazer Multi-purpose Circular Mini Saw with 3 Interchangeable Blades and Dust Extraction System – Red
- LIGHT WEIGHT ELECTRIC MINI CIRCULAR SAW versatile, and easy-to-use perfect for any DIY home projects (installing wood floors, tiles, grout repair, fences, planters, herb gardens, signs, bird houses, drywall repair, doll houses, and much more).
- CUT ANY TYPE OF MATERIAL from PVC, drywall, carpet and hardwood to ceramic tile, plastic, marble, metal & steel. Circular Saw Kit comes with multiple saw blades (Tungsten Carbide, Diamond, Steel).
- EASILY CUTS IN ANY DIRECTION - horizontally, vertically, straight lines, curved lines, corners, & even upside down. POWERFUL 400w MOTOR cuts through 1/2" material in a single pass. Adjustable thickness depth.
- 7 DIFFERENT SAWS IN ONE. Rotorazer is combination of Jigsaw, Circular, Hand, Band, Tile, Hacksaw, and Miter saw.
- Color may vary
If you are looking for a handsaw that caters to all your sawing and cutting needs at once, get this tool. It is an attractively packaged multi-purpose circular mini saw that is easy to use. It is durable, sturdy, and lightweight.
It is a unique roto saw which is a combination of a hand, circular, jigsaw, tile, miter and hacksaw. Other than the versatility, you also need this tool because it cuts in all directions.
Power and Performance
This roto saw has a 400-watt motor that cuts through different materials at high speeds of up to 3400 RPMs. This power increases the functional efficiency, and you do more in less time.
It has a diamond, tungsten carbide, and high-speed steel blades interchanged using an adjustable blade guard. These blades are specific sharp and robust cutting through stone, wood, and metal respectively.
The dust extraction system gets plugged into the dust release valve and its other end connected to a household vacuum. This extraction system keeps your eyes safe and prevents a messy workspace.
The adjustable depth lever is the other fundamental feature. With it, you can choose between shallow, medium and deep cuts.
Use of construction-grade materials for the chassis. This construction makes the roto saw long-lasting while protecting the motor. Note that the hardened material is lightweight.
Why we bought this Multi-purpose Circular Mini Saw?
There is a lot written about this product. Some people are saying is it a legit or scam, some are saying does it really work? But we encourage you to check it out for yourself. Yes, it has its shortcomings but, it gets work done unless you have a big project.
The most significant issue with this rotorazer is that it has small blades and that it cuts through thin materials only. So, it isn’t ideal for big projects.
Rotorazer Alternative for 2020
Rotorazer competitors and alternatives 2020
What if you don’t find a product that appeases you in this honest review? Do you forego the use of saws entirely? We hope not! There are alternatives to rotorazers. With you in mind, we researched and reviewed the top alternatives to rotorazers. The saws below are the best rotorazer alternatives for your woodworking and remodeling projects, and crafts.
Here’s the updated list of Rotorazer Alternative we reviewed.
#1. Dremel SM20-02 Saw-Max Review
- Versatile cutting system for a variety of materials (wood, plastic, metal, tile, masonry)
- Powerful 6-amp motor for tough applications
- Worm drive gearing for durability and power
- Dust extraction port for keeping the work place clean
- Second-wheel position for flush cutting
What will you work on this year? Are you considering woodworking or remodels at home or away? Well, this Dremel SM20-02 120-Volt Saw-Max Tool Kit is exactly what you need. It is capable of cutting through plastic, wood, tile, metal, and masonry efficiently. The versatility comes from the powerful motor and the saw’s durable construction.
Why are people buying Dremel SM20-02 Saw?
This Dremel SM20-02 120-Volt Saw-Max Tool Kit is among the most influential saws. It comes with two different cutting wheel positions that make the saw efficient in making the plunge, straight, and flush cuts.
It is also smaller than most other saws but looking at all that it does; this is a great saw to own and use for home projects. So, if you feel that this saw meets your needs, then you should check it out on Amazon.
#2. Worx Compact Circular Saw WX429L
- Cut 2x4's in a single pass with an easily maneuverable compact saw that weighs 50% less than a traditional 7-1/4" circular saw
- Thin blade makes for less tool strain, resulting in full size circular saw cutting speed and performance.Blade Size 4.5 inches. No-Load Speed 3500/rpm
- Easy-set depth gauge lever and 0-45-degree bevel settings for quick adjustments. The WORXSAW is substantial enough to cut through nominal 2 inch lumber, yet light enough for the DIY'er to easily and comfortably maneuver. Cut wood, metal, tile or plastic with ease
- Left-sided blade design for great cut-line visibility; grip with integrated safety trigger for comfort, balance, and control
- Box includes 4-1/2” WORXSAW, 24T Carbide-tipped Blade, Parallel Guide, Vacuum Adapter, Allen Key, and Manufacturer’s 3-year warranty
Whether you have used a WORX circular saw before or not, this saw guarantees a high level of functionality. It is a good purchase and makes an excellent tool for your DIY projects because of its maneuverability. It is sturdy and lightweight making it easy to use. It has a host of features.
This circular saw has a 4-amp powerful motor. The power of this motor is the reason why the engine gives reliable performance whenever in use.
The saw features an extra-thin blade. Thanks to the thinness of the blade, there is less strain on the saw such that the motor delivers the highest level of performance at high speeds.
It features a parallel guide attachment. This accessory lets you make straight and precise cuts. You will also make fast and easy adjustments of up to 2 inches and from 0 to 45 degrees.
It has a left-handed blade design. With this configuration for the blade, you have a more prominent cut-line visibility which results in clean, and safe cuts.
Reasons to buy Worx WX429L
This saw is powerful enough to handle small tasks. You cannot use it for heavy-duty jobs because it has less power and short blades. But, even with these drawbacks, this circular saw is easy to use. It is lightweight. If you are looking for a saw for your DIY projects, this Amazon product awaits.
#3. WORX WX081L ZipSnip Cutting Tool
- Lithium-Ion battery holds a charge for months
- Self-sharpening blade ensures a precise cut every time
- Cuts through a variety of materials – handles jobs scissors and knives just can’t
- Lock-out switch works in conjunction with the trigger for increased safety
- Lightweight for easy control (only 1 lb.); soft grip handle for maximum comfort
Your home improvement projects could do better with this powerful WORX WX081L ZipSnip Cutting Tool. You can use it indoors and outdoors, and it also handles the cutting of delicate materials easily. The self-sharpening blades ensure that you have precise cuts every time. It derives power from lithium-ion batteries.
Features and benefits: Battery
It has lithium-ion batteries. These batteries are rechargeable, and they hold power even for months so you can use it often without having to charge it.
It features nifty self-sharpening blades. These blades ensure that you get precise cuts every time.
It comes with a lock-out switch. The lock-out switch works in conjunction with the trigger to enhance safety when in use or out of use.
Other Highlighted Features
Lightweight and ergonomics. The cutting tool is small and lightweight giving you effortless control. For ergonomics, it has soft-grip handles that offer maximum comfort.
This cutting tool is versatile. Thanks to its versatility, you can use it instead of a pair of scissors or a knife to open robust packages, and cut wrapping paper. It also works supremely well in cutting rubber, thick cardboard, and plastic.
Why did we like this WORX WX081L?
The WORX WX081L ZipSnip Cutting Tool is the perfect replacement for knives and scissors when it comes to cutting tough items. It has a powerful lithium-ion battery, and you can use it on delicate things like wrapping paper.
Unfortunately, the size of the cutting tool and the power make it a poor choice for heavy-duty use as noted by users on Amazon. Our verdict – this is a useful home improvement tool, not industrial.
Rotorazer vs Versacut vs Rotozip vs Dremel
Rockwell rk3440k Versacut Circular saw
- Powerful, 4.0 amp, multi-functional, ultra-compact circular saw
- Cuts wide variety of materials such as tile, wood, sheet metal, plastics, flooring, and more. No-Load Speed- 3,500 rpm
- Ergonomic design with slim grip handle improves comfort and enhances grip and control – guide with just one hand!
- Built-in laser guide helps you align the perfect cut;120 inches cord
- Pivoting metal guard accommodates safe and easy plunge cuts
Bosch Rotozip Rotosaw Reviews: Rotozip SS355-10-RT
- Tools/Corded Power Tools
- Made in: United States
- Dimensions: 3.75 X 9.75 X 7.75
What is a RotoRazer?
A rotorazer is an innovative yet versatile tool that does it all. It is your ultimate all-in-one saw that has seven saws in one handy tool. Though you have seven different saws in one device, it is lightweight for ease of use. If you are planning to have several craft projects, remodeling, or construction this year, this is it! It cuts through any material in any possible way.
Is Rotorazer Saw the best?
Are you a do-it-yourself or a professional contractor? But facing problem to find the best saw for your home improvement projects in 2019. Stop wasting your money! Here in our reviews, we are introducing the Rotorazer Saw; the all in one saw that does it all.
Rotorazer has over 3000 streaming RPM which makes your DIY projects so quick and easy. You will enjoy do it yourself. Can others saw do that? Amazing using the same saw to cut hardwood, plywood, laminated flooring, drywall, metal, sheet metal, ceramic tiles, grout, masonry, marble, travertine, pegboard, PVC, and plastic even metal and steel.
It can quickly cut the carpet. Rotorazer cuts horizontally or vertically. It cuts straight lines along the curved edges or plunges cut a corner in no time. No other saw on earth has the cutting precision of the rotorazer. And talk about accuracy it makes the same ribbon cut in a matter of seconds. You will get the exact cut you need, perfect and précised in seconds.
Rotorazer is the only one saw that can do it all. It is so precise; you can cut anywhere on any surface. You can cut anything, and that saves your time and money. It protects the cutting surface underneath. It has a powerful 400 watt motor inside the construction grade chassis.
It’s durable, incredibly light, and fits easily in the palm of any size hand. On one side you will find a thumb control power switch, on the other, there is a safety switch that locks the blade guard until you are ready to cut. And the blade guard is fully adjustable, cut shallow, medium or thick.
Who can use it?
- Crafters – this means just about everyone.
- Carpenters – this handsaw is easy to use. It also comes with quick-change, razor-sharp blades making it versatile. The blades cut through any material in any direction.
- Interior designers – your interior design and remodeling work will be more comfortable with the roto razer.
- Construction workers – instead of buying different saws, get this one saw to complete all your tasks faster.
How did we write this Review?
Finding a tool that does it all seems impossible, doesn’t it? Well, that was us before. What did we do? We listened to the experiences of the people who’ve used the rotorazer and learned from the experts. Since you cannot take what everybody says to be the gospel truth, some of our team members try out the products.
Going through all that trouble was necessary because you need to know what you are putting your money into. You also need to know whether to trust online reviews. Finally, this review helps you choose quality.
For this review, we considered the efficiency of the hand saws. We also needed to determine if all the roto razer saws were functional. Also, we checked if the appliance was as powerful as the manufacturers claimed. Did the rotorazer cut through all materials? Is it safe? Taking into account positive and negative reviews, we determined the rotorazers with the most desirable features.
Which things to Consider Before Buying a Rotorazer?
Even though the roto saw promises to do more than you ever imagined, you shouldn’t buy it blindly. There are significant features you should consider. Those guiding considerations include:
For your money’s worth, the rotorazer’s construction should be sturdy. It should come with a construction-grade chasse that houses the powerful motor. Though light, the chasse should be lightweight.
Types of blades
Blades enhance the versatility of the roto razer. The best rotorazers have interchangeable blades. The blades are razor-sharp and made of diamond, tungsten, and steel. The blades have adjustable blade guards for cutting through the shallow, medium, and thick materials.
Dust extraction systems
You also need to avoid dust in your eyes, nose, hair, clothes, and a big mess on the floor. For that, get a rotorazer with a reliable dust extraction mechanism. From this review, the highly-rated rotorazers have handy dust extraction systems.
Price and quality
While your budget determines the product’s category, you shouldn’t go for a low-quality roto razor. A high-quality rotorazer is costly, but it gives you value for your money. Don’t buy a mini circular saw just because it is cheap, buy it because it is durable, functional, easy to use, efficient, and powerful.
How to change the blades of Rotorazer saw?
This rotorazer features three interchangeable blades. Since the blades have different roles, you have to change them. The three blades include a tungsten carbide blade for woodwork, a high-speed steel blade for metal cutting, and a diamond blade for stone and tile cutting.
- To change the blades, first, disconnect the roto razor from any power source.
- Next, insert the hex socket wrench on the right side of the roto saw while inserting the hex wrench on the left side so that you loosen the hex head bolt.
- Next, insert the fixed blade. Using the hex wrench, tighten the hex head bolt. When stretching, ensure that you enter the blade correctly.
- Strongly tighten the bolt.
How to use the Dust Extraction System of Rotorazer Saw?
The dust extraction system protects your eyes, and also prevents a messy working area. So, to avoid dust from your clothes, hair, and working table/ room, you should use the dust extraction system, correctly.
- For use, plug one end of your roto razer into the dust release valve on your roto razer.
- Next, plug the other side of the rotorazer into the hose of a household vacuum. You can use a vacuum.
- With both ends connected, connect your vacuum to a power outlet.
- Push the power button on the vacuum. You can start cutting as long as the vacuum is on.
- When you finish cutting, you should switch off the vacuum before unplugging the hose and the rotorazer’s dust release valve.
Essential tips for using Rotorazer
Since the rotorazer lets, you make straight, and plunge cuts, you should adjust the cutting depth carefully. Always remember the type of material you are cutting and the cutting surface.
- For high efficiency when cutting, start cutting only after the blades start spinning.
- Protect the blades and the support material by using a suitable cutting surface or a workbench.
- If necessary, use cutting fluid.
- Don’t cut continuously. After cutting for about two minutes, give the saw some time (same two minutes) for it to cool down.
Rotorazer Storage instructions
- Careful storage safeguards your rotorazer, prolonging its life.
- To keep it in good shape, always store it in a well-ventilated place.
- The storage location should be cold and dry, and it shouldn’t harbor moisture. Since the saws are metallic, the humidity will make them susceptible to rusting.
- Keep the saw away from the reach of children.
Safety and security
Though it makes work more comfortable, it may cause severe damage. To be safe, keep the following measures in mind:
This is a common phenomenon with saws. It refers to the sudden reaction of an uncontrolled saw that causes the saw to lift up, and out of the workpiece. The saw faces you so, it is dangerous. But, kickbacks don’t just happen. Kickback results from incorrect operation or misuse of the saw.
How to prevent kickback?
Have a firm grip on the saw using both hands while positioning your hands in a manner that resists the forces of kickback. Also, keep your body on one side of the blade, and not in line with the blade. You should also release the trigger, and hold the saw until it stops if you need to stop cutting midway.
You should note that some of the dust created when sawing is unsafe. The dust has chemicals that can cause congenital disabilities, cancer, and other forms of damage to the reproductive system. The dust may have a lead, crystalline silica, arsenic, or chromium. So, you should wear protective gear or get professional help.
- Keep your hands from the blade and the cutting surface. Your second had should be on the body of the motor’s housing.
- The guard doesn’t offer protection against the blade below. Therefore, you shouldn’t reach underneath the workpiece. If working around electric cords, use an insulated gripping surface to hold the roto razor saw.
- Do not hold the workpiece across your leg or in your hands. Have a secure working platform to work.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Question #1: How does the Rotorazer saw work?
Answer: With over 400-watt motors, and blades that rotate at 3400RPMs, the blades spin and cut through different materials and surfaces.
Question #2: What kind of surfaces do Rotorazers cut?
Answer: The saw can cut wood, tile, stone, metal, masonry, or carpet. This is because the saws have different blades. The diamond blade cuts rock, steel blade cuts metal, and the tungsten carbide blade cuts wood and wood products.
Question #3: How do I use the dust extraction system?
Answer: You have to connect the dust release valve to the roto razor, and the hose to the vacuum before you start cutting.
Question #4: How do I change the blades?
Answer: You have to untighten the hex head bolt after disconnecting the saw from a power source. Then, insert your blade of choice and tighten the hex bolt.
Question #5: What are the dimensions, weight of the unit, and the length of the cord?
Answer: Rotorazer unit weighs 2.64lbs, the cord length is 6.75ft, and the hose length is 5.3ft.
The Rotorazer Platinum unit weighs 4.70lbs, the cord length is 9.6ft, and the hose length is 6.9ft.
Choosing the best rotorazer saw depends on the functionality of the saw. For the feature, you have to look at the product’s performance, type of blades, motor’s power, and the overall quality of the saw’s built. A look at these features shows that some saws are better and more powerful than others. While prices vary, you should make your decision based on the quality of the product.
The price is only essential when working on a budget. In the case of budgeting needs, you may have to look at alternatives.
From the researched reviews and Rotorazer vs Versacut vs Rotozip vs Dremel, it clear that all the saws and cutting tools have particular uses. The only issue is that some roto razors may have better features than others. From our discussion, the Rotorazer Platinum Circular saw is superior to the Rotorazer multi-purpose saw. The rotorazer platinum saw is a high-performance saw.
Remember that all the products in this Rotorazer Reviews can handle your cutting needs bringing your DIY project to a successful end. Don’t postpone that remodeling project or buy multiple saws when you have Rotorazers at your disposal!