Table of Contents
FramingNailersGuide is reader-supported. If you buy an item through the links on this site, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more
Last Updated on March 19, 2021 by John Patterson
Our research team spent 45 hours on writing, editing, taking the expert interviews for this Review in 2021.
We researched the tools to write unbiased and honest Porter Cable Reviews.
We have a team working to help you find the best tools for your DIY projects.
You would be lying if you said that there aren’t any loose cabinets in the kitchen or that your couch’s leg is still holding the weight for your family like it used to.
You will also be lying to your son if you say you were going to help him build a treehouse this summer and a dog house for your puppy.
And just when you think you can avoid these and sink into the intentional obliviousness and settle down on the couch with a cup of hot tea, your kitchen cabinet breaks down.
Porter-Cable Framing Nailer Review of 2021
Your dog has come up with pneumonia, your son no longer speaks to you. Even the leg of the couch you were so proud of, cracks open. Well, what can I say, nature has its way. We think you need a high-quality framing nailer.
Apart from the emotional turmoil, the realization of all the fixes and repairs that need to be done around the house is causing more pain. The cost of hiring a professional to do the repairs, the cost of a new kennel, and just the thought of building a treehouse are making you nauseous.
Well, I’ll let you know that it is not as difficult as you may think it is to be able to do some necessary, even advanced, repairs and construction around you. In fact, it is so ridiculously easy that you will very likely be doing your neighbors’ repairs as well.
Who knows! All you need is a little knowledge of the basic principles of woodwork, repairs, and a great set of tools. And my Porter Cable Reviews here to help you with the latter. Let’s start:
Special Features and Quick Picks
Best Porter Cable Nail Guns
- The framing nailer gun is lightweight at just 7.3 lbs
- Power to drive nails up to 3-1/2-inch x .131-inch into engineered lumber
- Selectable trigger with trigger lockout for restrictive or contact actuation mode
- Tool-free adjustable depth of drive for proper setting of nail heads
- Reversible rafter hook for hanging tool on left or right side
- The pin nailer uses 23 GA headless and slight head pin nails from 5/8-inch to 1-3/8-inch length
- The 23 gauge pin nailer has a long life maintenance free motor to keep from staining the work surface
- Includes: nailer, 1/4-inch air fitting, and carrying case
- Consistent power and penetration to sink 1-3/8-inch nail sub-flush into Oak
- Rear exhaust to keep contaminates away from work
- The product is Coil Roofing Nailer
- Easy to use
- The product is manufactured in China
- Compact body design is 5-percent lighter for improved balance and control compared to previous model
- Tool-free adjustable shingle guide for accurate shingle placement
- Maintenance-free motor of finish nailer is designed to deliver long life
- The 16 gauge finish nailer has the tool-free depth-of-drive adjustment with detents for proper setting of nail heads
- Drives 16 GA "FN" style finish nails from 1-inch to 2-1/2-inch length
- Tool-free jam release mechanism for easy nail removal
- Tool-free adjustable exhaust channels contaminants away from the user
- NO COMPRESSOR NEEDED: This cordless brad nailer is battery powered, eliminating the need for a compressor, hose, or expensive gas cartridges.
- CONSISTENT DRIVING DEPTH: Our depth adjustment wheel allows you to properly countersink nails consistently. Nail Diameter: 18 gauge
- INCREASED PRODUCTIVITY: A tool free release lever, jam release, and depth adjustment wheel make your life easier.
- BETTER RUNTIME: Included 1.5 Ah 20Volt MAX Lithium ion battery lasts longer than NiCad, charger included. Integrated Belt Hook: Yes
- 3 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY: PORTER CABLE will repair, without charge, any defects due to faulty materials or workmanship for 3 years from the date of purchase.
Smart consumers know how important it is to have a little idea about the company and brand they wish to purchase a product from, especially when it comes to heavy-duty household products like tools. Well, my review will cover this for you.
Porter-Cable was founded in 1906 in Syracuse, New York By founders R.E. Porter, G.G. Porter, and F.E. Porter. Its parent company is Stanley Black and Decker. It produces a wide range of power tools and pneumatic tools for the construction industry and market.
Its quality products cater to the needs of all types of users, from a professional to an absolute beginner, making it a trendy name within the industry and consumer market. This is undoubtedly a very trusted brand and a common choice for many.
My reviews and buying guide does not have much to say about its power because it is not one of those tools that need a manual to be able to convey its power it the consumers. This tool is very straightforward with its power capabilities.
Despite its compact body and lightweight, it is powerful enough to shoot nails 3.5 inches by 0.031 inches in finished lumber.
It can cover a vast array of work with its original build, starting from repairs, to flooring, to framing and even several woodwork constructions. Know this, learn to use this tool correctly, and you could very quickly become your son’s hero and everyone’s first call to consultation in case of a household repair or construction.
I bet we all enjoy the idea of being a household hero in the neighborhood in our minds. But in all honesty, this tool is powerful enough to win the hearts of professionals as well. Best of both!
Convenience and Comfort
My review will be evident in the fact that I, personally, am very impressed with its comfort features. Its low weight is one reason why using this for hours, or the entire day will be a breeze for its users.
The last thing you need is to feel fatigued in your arms with a nail gun on it. Its size makes it easy for storage and carrying. Its low nail lockout lets you know when you need to reload the magazine.
What won my vote on this one is that it comes with a rafter! This allows you to hang this tool by both sides onto a hook or any similar hanger while you take a break, or just need to be away from the tool for a while. It has settings that let users choose between sequential shots and contact/bump shots. And to make it less hassle-free, it requires no batteries for its use.
The Porter-Cable best framing gun comes with an over-molded grip on its handle for the ultimate user comfort while providing a secure grip. This tool is a result of thoughtful ergonomics, making it a favorite among all types of users!
Pros and Cons
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question #1. Is it made in China?
Answer: No, it is a product of the USA.
Question #2. Is it compatible with 21-degree nails?
Answer: It is suggested you use 22-degree angle nails.
Here is our Porter Cable FR350BR Framing Nailer Review.
How to use a Porter Cable framing nailer and air compressor?
I hope you loved my review as it is a great tool to have in your collection.
It does have a few flaws, yes, but those can easily be overlooked with the quality of these tools’ work.
It is ideal for beginners and enthusiasts alike, while also being trusted by professionals. The Porter-Cable best framing gun is highly recommended!