Porter Cable Framing Nailer Review 2018
A warm welcome to our Porter Cable Framing Nailer Review. You would be lying if you said that there aren’t any loose cabinets in the kitchen or that your couch’s leg is still holding the weight for your family like it used to. You will also be lying to your son if you say you were going to help him build a tree house this summer, and a dog house for your puppy. And just when you think you can avoid these and sink into the intentional obliviousness and settle down on the couch with a cup of hot tea, your kitchen cabinet breaks down.
Your dog has come up with pneumonia, your son no longer speaks to you. Even the leg of the couch you were so proud of, cracks open. Well, what can I say, nature has its way. We think you need a framing nailer. We have the Porter Cable Framing Nailer Review for you.
Apart from the emotional turmoil, the realization of all the fixes and repairs that need to be done around the house is causing more pain. The cost of hiring a professional to do the repairs, the cost of a new kennel and just the thought of building a tree house is making you nauseous.
Well, I’ll let you know that it is not as difficult as you may think it is to be able to do some necessary, even advanced, repairs and construction around you. In fact, it is so ridiculously easy that you will very likely be doing your neighbors’ repairs as well. Who knows! All you need is a little knowledge of the basic principles of woodwork, repairs and a great set of tools. And my Porter Cable framing nailer review is here to help you with the latter. Let’s start:
Table of Contents
- 1 About Porter Cable
- 2 Porter Cable Framing Nailer Reviews
- 3 Best Porter Cable Framing Nailer Review with Comparison Chart
- 4 Porter Cable Nail Gun: Power
- 5 Porter Cable Nail Gun: Convenience and Comfort
About Porter Cable
Smart consumers know how important it is to have a little idea about the company and brand they wish to purchase a product from, especially when it comes to heavy-duty household products like tools. Well, my Porter Cable framing nailer review will cover this for you.
Porter Cable was founded in 1906 in Syracuse, New York By founders R.E. Porter, G.G. porter, and F.E. Porter. Its parent company is Stanley Black and Decker. It produces a wide range of power tools and pneumatic tools for the construction industry and market.
Its quality products cater to the needs of all types of users, from a professional to an absolute beginner, making it a trendy name within the industry and consumer market. Porter Cable is undoubtedly a very trusted brand and a common choice for many.
Porter Cable Framing Nailer Reviews
- The Porter Cable framing nail gun is a pneumatic tool, meaning, it has an air powered compressor functioning.
- It is a full round framing nailer that is compatible with plastic collated nail connectors, ranging from 2 inches to 3.5 inches in length.
- It has a 22-degree angle on it magazine which means it can shoot nails at 22 degrees.
- It has a selectable actuation which lets the users choose the type of trigger they want on working surfaces.
- It is a very lightweight tool weighing in at just 7.3 lbs but has enough power to drive nails 3.5 inches by 0.031 inches into engineered lumber.
- It also has a tool-less feature that lets you choose the depth of the nails to be shot.
- It is a compact tool with a body that measures (25 x 5 x 15) inches in dimensions, making it ideal for storage or carrying. Now, those are some excellent features to start a review with!
Best Porter Cable Framing Nailer Review with Comparison Chart
|Photo||Model||Power Source||Batteries Required or not||Batteries Included or not||Reviews|
|PORTER-CABLE FR350B||Air-powered||NOT||NOT||Latest Review|
|PORTER CABLE FR350BR||Air-powered||NOT||NOT||Latest Review|
|PORTER-CABLE FC350B||AC/DC||NOT||NOT||Latest Review|
|PORTER-CABLE PCFP12234||Pneumatic||NOT||NOT||Latest Review|
|Factory-Reconditioned PORTER-CABLE FR350AR||Air-powered||NOT||NOT||Latest Review|
Porter Cable Nail Gun: Power
My Porter Cable framing nailer review does not have much to say about its power because it is not one of those tools that need a manual to be able to convey its power it the consumers. This tool is very straightforward with its power capabilities. Despite its compact body and lightweight, it is powerful enough to shoot nails 3.5 inches by 0.031 inches in finished lumber.
It can cover a vast array of work with its original build, starting from repairs, to flooring, to framing and even several woodwork constructions. Know this, learn to use this tool correctly, and you could very quickly become your son’s hero and everyone’s first call to consultation in case of a household repair or construction.
I bet we all enjoy the idea of being a household hero in the neighborhood in our minds. But in all honesty, this tool is powerful enough to win hearts of the professionals as well. Best of both!
Porter Cable Nail Gun: Convenience and Comfort
My Porter Cable framing nailer review will be evident to the fact that I, personally, am very impressed with its comfort features. Its low weight is one reason why using this for hours, or the entire day will be a breeze for its users. The last thing you need is to feel fatigue on your arms with a nail gun on it. Its size makes it easy for storage and carrying. Its low nail lockout lets you know when you need to reload the magazine.
What won my vote on this one is that it comes with a rafter! This allows you to hang this tool by both sides onto a hook or any similar hanger while you take a break, or just need to be away from the tool for a while. It has settings that let users choose between sequential shots and contact/bump shots. And to make it less hassle-free, it requires no batteries for its use.
The Porter Cable framing nail gun comes with an over-molded grip on its handle for the ultimate user comfort while providing a secure grip. This tool is a result of thoughtful ergonomics, making it a favorite among all types of users!
What we liked:
- The Porter Cable framing nailer is a compact, but powerful tool.
- It gives particular attention the users’ need for comfort and convenience.
- It is a relatively reasonable price for the quality of output you are expected to get.
What we didn’t like:
- It does not come with a carrying bag.
- It is compatible with plastic collated nails only
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Porter Cable Framing Nailer Review
- Is it made in China?
Answer: No, it is a product of the USA.
- Is it compatible with 21-degree nails?
Answer: It is suggested you use 22-degree angle nails.
Here is our Porter Cable FR350BR Framing Nailer Review.
Porter Cable Nail Gun: Final Verdict
I hope you loved my Porter Cable Framing Nailer Review as it is a great tool to have in your collection. It does have a few flaws, yes, but those can easily be overlooked with the quality of this tools work. It is ideal for beginners and enthusiasts alike, while also being trusted by professionals. The Porter Cable nail gun is highly recommended!