Table of Contents
- 1 Husky Tools Reviews in 2020
- 1.1 #1. Husky Wrench 6 pc Ratchet- Action Made in the USA
- 1.2 #2. Husky GP-57101N17 18 in. Rolling Tool Tote
- 1.3 #3. Mechanic Tools Automotive Professional Set
- 1.4 Who Makes Husky Tools?
- 1.5 Kobalt vs. Husky
- 1.6 Husky vs. Craftsman
- 1.7 Husky tools warranty
- 2 In Conclusion
Husky had been one of the most talked-about tool manufacturers among people who deal with tools.
The brand was brought up in the market by Sears Tools.
But currently, Home Depot is the owner.
And we have to admit that they’ve put a rock-solid effort to keep the value up.
However, we’ve been a bit versatile while selecting three of the husky tools for the post.
Instead of regular hand and power tools from Husky, we’ve moved on to one 6-in-1 ratchet set, one 3-in-1 tool bag combo, and a 92-in-1 toolset.
Keep reading our Husky Tools Reviews with Kobalt vs Husky vs Craftsman, while you can check out whether these Husky tools and the alternative might add some value for you or not-
Husky Tools Reviews in 2020
Here is the recommended and updated list of Husky Tools we reviewed for you.
#1. Husky Wrench 6 pc Ratchet- Action Made in the USA
Let’s have a closer look at its features-
Features and Benefits
Quality Wrenches Made in the USA
Husky tools have a product line developed based on America. That also works for the 6 pc ratchet set we’re up to right now. Premium grade material comes in stable built quality. Result? Durable and promising performance for years.
A 360 Degree Ratchet Set for Every Mechanic
No matter you are a mechanic, electrician, plumber, handyman, or even a DIYer from home, the ratchet is something that you need after every alternative work. To provide you a 360-degree solution, this set contains 6 different sizes of ratchets. The sizes are- 5/8, 9/16, 1/2, 7/16, 3/8 an 5/16.
A Handy Holder
If you want to carry the whole set of ratchet around, you have got it all. There is a ratchet container box with slots for all 6 ratchets. On top of that, there is a handle to carry the whole set out. Before carrying, you have to make sure that the ratchets are at their place.
From Smallest to Biggest, It Covers All
The purpose of a ratchet can be just taking a tiny bolt from your kitchen sink off, or it can be as massive as a truck tire removal. No matter how small or big, the task is, you will find the right ratchet from this set of 6.
It’s A Perfect Gift for Any Mechanic
Looking for an extremely pocket-friendly, but impactful gift for a mechanic? Well, this is a jackpot in that case. No matter he’s professional, semi-professional, or just hobbyist, he will undoubtedly fall for it.
#2. Husky GP-57101N17 18 in. Rolling Tool Tote
- Brand New in box. The product ships with all relevant accessories
If you are a handyman who has to deal with a lot of tools, this bag combo can be your faithful companion while traveling. We will break down its features and benefits further. Keep reading.
Features and Benefits
A 3 in 1 Tool Bag Combo
You might be in search of a perfect tool bag from time to time. But what if you need different sizes of bags in case of different toolsets? Well, that’s what bothered the makers of this bag as well.
In this combo pack of tool bags, you will get an 18 inches tool bag, a 16 inches tool bag, and a 14 inches tool bag as well. No matter how many tools you have of different sizes, these bags will be able to house them all.
Variations in Pocket Sizes and Positions
If you have a look at the tool collection, there are bulky tools like chainsaws. And there are tiny, delicate tools like knives. To make sure that you can house all of them securely, there is a good variation of pocket sizes. In each of the bags, the sizes of the pockets vary. But the position of the pockets is similar.
A Handy Carrier with Handles
The set isn’t confined within the bag combo only. It has a flexible, durable carrying case of these three bags as well. The carrier would be a perfect way out when the bags full of tools comes to be heavy to carry with hands.
Especially, when you’re traveling from one place to another, carrying three different bags, can be a real hassle. The carrier would be the rescue in such scenarios.
Dual Zipper with Pull Strings
Being able to carry a handful of tools in these bags in one thing. Ensuring and safe and secure positioning of the tools is another. We’re lucky that Husky Tools had taken care of both issues.
With each of these 18″, 16″ and 14″ bags, there are dual zippers provided. To make sure that you can open up the zippers without any extra effort, there are pull strings as well.
Easy to Carry, Anywhere
There are 5 different rollers on the bottom side of the carrier. This is so smart of Husky- the brand. As the frontal sides of the bags are going to intake more tools, they’ve put three rollers on the front side and two rollers at the backside. As a benefit, you can carry them all without any handy effort.
#3. Mechanic Tools Automotive Professional Set
It’s an all-in-one tool piece collection, where you will have 92 different pieces of small and handy tools. In the case of professional, semi-professional and DIYing, they come to be super purposeful.
Let’s get in and figure out the features and benefits.
Features and Benefits
A Complete Solution of 92 Tool Pieces
In this set, you will get to have 92 tool pieces at once. There are ratchets, point sockets, and many other drive tools. That is various in terms of size and functionality. For any carpentry, repairing, jointing, adjustment, trimming, shaping jobs, these will come handy.
Made of High-Quality Chrome Steel
All of the materials that we have got on the list are made out of high-quality chrome vanadium steel. Especially, when it comes to sockets, such materialistic strength provides a lot of advantages.
Corrosion Resistant and Durable
Each of the tools that you get to have in this box is with a chrome finish. As you know, chrome finished materials have their ability to protect themselves against rust, water, dust, grease, etc. So, you can use them all for years after years.
Heat Treated for Dealing with Heavy Workloads
Some tools in the box are heat-treated for providing added strength and protection against wearing. The heat-treated tools are screwdrivers, hex keys, and nut drivers.
Durable and High Quality
All of these tool pieces in the set are not just meant to be a few days shows off. A serious worker can get to use them for years after years. They are highly durable and can go heavy workload at a stretch.
More Quality Husky Tools/Products on Amazon:
- SAE SIZES (Measured in Inches): (Stubby: 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8) (Standard: 3/4, 5/8, 9/16, 1/2, 7/16, 3/8, 11/32, 5/16, 1/4)
- METRIC SIZES (Measured in Millimeters): (Stubby: 15, 14, 13, 12, 10) (Standard: 18, 17, 14, 12, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6)
- STORAGE CASE INCLUDED: Labeled sections give you perfect organization when these wrenches aren’t in use. Complete with carrying handle and mounting brackets on the back
- CHROME FINISH on the wrenches provides corrosion resistance with easy cleaning capabilities
- 15 DEGREE OFFSET gives you improved leverage when using these in tight spaces
- SAE AND METRIC: There are 23 Standard American an 23 Metric bits in here, allowing you to accomplish a variety of tasks
- ORGANIZATION: An included carrying case has molded sections for every piece in this kit that you can store away when not in use. There are also labeled bit holders made out of rubber for extra protection.
- EXTENDABLE RATCHET: Pull out the head of the ratchet to increase its length, allowing you to get into hard-to-reach areas with less risk to hurting your hands
- SCREWDRIVER HEAD MEASUREMENTS: Slot Heads in 5/32, 3/16, and 1/4. Hex Bits in 1/8 and 1/4. Star Heads in T10, T15, T20, T25, and T30. Phillips in 1 (x2), 2 (x2), and3 (x2). Square in S0, S1, and S2
- SOCKET WRENCH MEASUREMENTS: (SAE: 9/16, 1/2, 7/16, 3/8, 11/32, 5/16, 9/32, 1/4, 7/32, 3/16, 5/32) (METRIC: 14mm, 13mm, 12mm, 11mm, 10mm, 9mm, 8mm, 7mm, 6mm, 5mm, 4mm)
- Gives you the functions of a painter's tool box in 1 design
- Spreader, chisel scraper, paint can opener and a roller cleaner
- 1/4 in. nut wrench, can opener, 3/8 in. nut wrench and a hammer end bit holder
- Convex, concave scraper, nail puller and crack opener
- Brand New in box. The product ships with all relevant accessories
- 7 INCH DIAGONAL PLIERS: These are primarily for cutting thick-gauge wire. The blade extends all the way out to the tip. Keeping this alongside either your linesman or long nose pliers is a must
- 8 INCH LONG NOSE PLIERS: These are ideal for grabbing, twisting, cutting, threading, or looping wire in tight spaces. The plier heads feature teeth that keep a firm grip on whatever material you’re working with
- 9 INCH LINESMAN PLIERS: These are ideal for cutting, crimping, and pulling wire through conduits. With a stubbier head, they cannot reach the same areas as the long nose pliers, but what they lack in reach they make up for in grip strength. These are ideal for rougher, more commercial applications
- HEAT-TREATED STEEL: These pliers are made of a strong alloy that resists impact and corrosion. Heat treating the metal keeps its cutting edges sharper for longer and the teeth gripping stronger
- RUBBERIZED OVERMOLD allows you to keep a firm grip on these pliers while working in slippery conditions
- WORK AT HOME OR ABROAD with this bag containing a heavy duty telescoping handle perfectly balanced over two rear wheels
- CAPACITY: carry up to 80 pounds
- BONUS VALUE includes thick handles with cross x stitching, 2 exterior tape measure loops, dual zipper system, business card holder, and innovative skid plates that protect the handle!
- DIMENSIONS: 14” Length x 9” Width x 13” Height
- ORGANIZATION: 6 internal pockets and 7 external pockets optimize the tool tote’s storage space.
Who Makes Husky Tools?
Husky is a household name in the American workforce. Being established in 1924 by Sigmund Mandl with the name of Husky Wrench, the company had seen some significant changes in its entity.
In today, they are mostly known as being a sister concern of Home Depot, where Husky products are exclusively sold. The Husky hand tools are manufactured by other brands like Western Forge, Apex Tools, Stanely, and Decker, etc.
In the early years, Husky tools were solely manufactured in the USA only. But over the last few years, the production center had been shifted to China and Taiwan. And this has happened not only with Husky Tools. A lot of other Home Depot product lines and other tool brands have also shifted their production process into China and Taiwan.
Kobalt vs. Husky
Both Kobalt and Husky are the two large brands with good historical value as well. , and Kobalt is a sister concern of Lowes, the brand.
Husky has a rich product line of both hand tools and power tools. The production used to be by some manufacturers that we have mentioned in the earlier section. In the past, they used to manufacture all their tools in the USA. But due to the competitive growth of the tool manufacturing industry in China, they’ve shifted the production process to China and Taiwan.
On the other hand, Kobalt is managed and produced by Lowes from North America. They launched Kobalt in 1998, with an intention to compete with two other significant tools production chains- Home Depot and Sears. Right now, production houses like JS Products, Great Neck, and Chevron, etc. They have hand tools, power tools, wireless power tools and so on.
Top-quality Kobalt Tools on Amazon:
- 1/2-in drill/driver features a brushless motor that delivers 650-in-lbs of torque, 2-speed gearbox, variable-speed trigger and a keyless, all-metal chuck for quick bit changes
- 1/4-in impact driver features a brushless motor that delivers up to 1,800-in-lbs of torque, and electronic speed control that generates up to 2,700 RPM
- Reciprocating saw features a variable-speed trigger (0-3,100-SPM), 1-1/8-in blade stroke, tool-free blade change, adjustable tool-less shoe, manual trigger lock and low vibration
- Built-in LEDs on all cordless tools illuminate your work space and increase accuracy
- LED work light with 135° rotating head provides 200 lumens, and features a convenient tool hook so it stays within reach
- Kobalt 24-volt max cordless combo kit includes 1/2-in drill/driver, 1/4-in impact driver, 24-volt max high-capacity Li-ion battery and charger
- 1/4-in impact driver features a brushless motor that delivers up to 1,800-in-lbs of torque, and electronic speed control with 3 speed settings (0-850, 0-2,000 and 0-2,700 RPM)
- 1/2- in drill/driver features a long-lasting brushless motor that delivers up to 650-in-lbs of torque, 2-speed gearbox, variable-speed trigger and a keyless all-metal chuck
- 1/4-in quick-release collet allows for fast bit changes
- Built-in LEDs on both tools illuminate your work space and increase accuracy
- A total of 75 sockets, 2 quick release ratchets, spinner handle, 3 extensions, and 1 adapter
- Tool tote with 22 pockets for storage, padded carrying handle and adjustable shoulder strap
- Chrome vanadium steel sockets for durability, sizes are colored to SAE (red) & Metric (blue)
- Items have been tested to meet or exceed ANSI specifications
- Lifetime hassle-free warranty
- Kobalt 24-volt max 1/2-in cordless drill/driver comes with a 24-volt max 2.0Ah Li-ion battery, charger, belt clip, double-ended driver bit, bit holder, auxiliary handle and soft bag
- Kobalt 5 Piece Plier Set
- Includes ONE long nose pliers, ONE diagonal pliers, ONE slip joint pliers
- ONE linesman pliers and ONE groove joint pliers
- Ergonomic bi-material anti-slip grips
- Precision machined jaws
Husky vs. Craftsman
Craftsman is another line of tools for home, garden, and work. Sears previously owned the brand. But the current owner is Stanely Black and Decker, which is also a supplier of Husky, tools at Home Depot.
In the comparison of these tool brands, Husky is the elder one, but just by 3 years. Husky founded in 1924, where Craftsman was first commercialized in 1927 by Sears. And it’s a pretty recent occurrence that Stanely and Decker owned the brand. That contract had been signed in just 2017.
Like Husky, Craftsman also manufactured by third-party production houses. Since the ownership era of Sears, brands like New Britain, Stanley, Moore Drop Forging, Danaher Corporation, Easco Hand Tools- etc. had been the manufacturer of the products.
On the other hand, Husky has a similar kind of brand reputation and production line. Both of the brands produce hand tools, power tools, tools accessories, mechanics essentials, and so on. In terms of brand value and warranty, both of them are head to head.
Husky vs Craftsman: real users video review:
Husky tools warranty
In 2019, one of the best ways to recognize how legit a brand is to check out its warranty policy and customer experiences about that. On the same note, we’ve been there to pick up what Husky has to do with its warranty policy.
What we found was pretty much satisfactory for us users. All of the Husky tools have a lifetime warranty. Home Depot (the owner) used to offer newly made Husky tools in exchange for broken Sears, Craftsman or other branded tools. This quite boosted up the brand value.
However, in some cases, you don’t get to receive the warranty schemes just by purchasing the product from third-party e-commerce stores. You need to contact the sellers manually to claim the warranty.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question #1: Where are husky tools made?
Answer: Currently, Husky tools and accessories majorly made in China and Taiwan.
Question #2: Who is the owner of Husky tools?
Answer: At the time of establishment, Husky was owned by Sears Tools. But now, tool manufacturer supply chain Home Depot owns it.
Question #3: Where are the tools that husky tools make?
Answer: Husky has a rich product line including hand tools, power tools, tools accessories, mechanics wearables, and so on.
Well, we’ve just listed three of the unique and value providing husky tools that are cheap but can add some real value for any workmen. No matter you’re buying for yourself or looking forward to gifting them to a mechanic, it will be an out-of-the-box choice.
Our Husky Tools Reviews intention was to give you a detailed overview of the top class tool brand in 2019 for your projects.