Table of Contents
- 1 5 Best Paver Sealers for a Wet Look of 2021
- 1.1 #1. Foundation Armor AR350 Solvent Based Acrylic Sealer
- 1.2 #2. Foundation SX5000 Penetrating Clear Solvent-Based Concrete Paver Sealer Reviews
- 1.3 #3. EnduraSeal 100% Acrylic “Wet Look” Semi-Gloss Concrete Paver Sealer Reviews
- 1.4 #4. Foundation Armor AR500 Solvent Based Acrylic Paver Sealer Review
- 1.5 #5. Foundation Armor WL550 Matte Wet Look Pavers Sealer Reviews
- 2 How to Choose the Best Wet Look Sealers?
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 4 Final Words
FramingNailersGuide is reader-supported. If you buy an item through the links on this site, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more
Last Updated on April 24, 2021 by John Patterson
I found myself spending a fortune installing a paver patio, walkways, and a driveway.
Honestly, I had already overstretched my budgets, and I was a little tempted to overlook the need for pavement sealing.
A bit of research around the perks of applying wet look paver sealers and the repercussions of forgoing a project got me convinced that I had no way out.
Paver sealer’s wet look does an outstanding job of protecting pavements from weather elements.
They help keep weeds, mold, moss, and water seepage issues at bay, allowing your structures to remain in excellent condition for longer.
This guide contains the best paver sealer for a wet look on the market: reviews and buyer’s guide.
I did the legwork, so it should be easier for you to choose an ideal product for your pavements.
5 Best Paver Sealers for a Wet Look of 2021
|Name||Manufacturer||Type||Item Weight||Coverage||Drying time|
|5 GAL Armor AR350||Foundation Armor||Concrete Sealer||41.9 pounds||Approximately cover up to 200 square feet per coat||24-48 hours|
|5-Gal. SX5000||Foundation Armor||Penetrating Concrete and Masonry Sealer||41.9 pounds||Up to 175 FT2/gallon in one coat||24 hours|
|EnduraSeal 100% Acrylic||EnduraCoat||Concrete Sealer||5 Gallon||Approximately 150-300 square feet per gallon||24 hours|
|5 GAL Armor AR500||Foundation Armor||Concrete Sealer||41.9 pounds||Up to 175 FT2/gallon in one coat||36 hours preferred|
|Armor WL550||Foundation Armor||Enhancer Sealer||5 Gallon||Up to 175 FT2/gallon in one coat||48 hours preferred|
The best wet-look paver sealer will protect your surfaces from water damage and the harmful UV rays of the sun.
The protective layer will also prevent surface discoloration.
Be with me as I expound on the top 5 best paver sealers on the market in 2021.
#1. Foundation Armor AR350 Solvent Based Acrylic Sealer
- The Armor AR350 is a breathable, non-yellowing...
- The Armor AR350 is manufactured in the US and made...
- The Armor AR350 is self-priming and can be applied...
- The Armor AR350 will help to reduce damage and...
- The Armor AR350 can last up to 1-3 years on...
First on our review is a solvent-based acrylic paver sealer that is in high demand for its durability and longstanding hold.
The AR350 wet look sealer from Foundation Armor penetrates pavements to provide an alluring glossy finish and dependable protection from weather elements. It minimizes deterioration and damage caused by cracking, pitting, and spalling.
Acrylic solvent-based paver sealers make concrete and paver surface waterproof and resistant to the damaging UV rays of the sun that cause fading. This wet look sealer in specific also makes the natural pavement colors pop out, giving them an exceptional curb appeal. The 5-gallon solvent-based acrylic pack covers 500 square feet while applying two coats.
- 5 Gallon Pail
- Clear solvent-based paver sealer
- Glossy, wet-look finish
You can all agree that this solvent-based acrylic paver sealer is not the cheapest paver sealer wet look on the market. It is, however, one of the best-wet look sealers you can settle for. It makes the natural colors of surfaces pop out and also provides reliable levels of protection.
When applied solvent-based paver sealers on interior surfaces, this non-yellowing formula lasts for 3-7 years. Your exteriors, on the other hand, get maximum protection for 1-3 years.
#2. Foundation SX5000 Penetrating Clear Solvent-Based Concrete Paver Sealer Reviews
- Solvent based, breathable, low VOC, high solids...
- Approved by the Department of Transportation in...
- Will maintain the natural, unsealed look and feel...
- Easy to apply with a pump sprayer! Two...
- Armor SX5000 VS Armor SX5000 WB - which is better?...
Spalling, pitting, and cracking can leave your pavements looking like an eyesore. If you want to prevent such concerns, this is an ideal product you could use. It contains over 40% active materials that make it perfect for driveways and walkways that are subjected to heavy foot and vehicle traffic.
This clear solvent-based paver sealer wet look is resistant to a whole range of weather-related damages. It settles into the microscopic holes in concrete to make the surface stronger and highly resilient to elements that cause corrosion.
Moreover, it has high levels of alkali resistance, and this helps to alleviate staining caused by gasoline and chemical spills.
Because this product works entirely below the surface, it will not give your pavements a wet, glossy look. On the bright side, it settles into the pores to prevent weather damage, staining, and the deterioration of your pavers.
- 5 Gallon Pail
- Clear solvent-based paver sealer with a non-glossy finish
- Solvent-based silane/siloxane water repellent
To keep your pavements in pristine condition for longer, this is an ideal wet look sealer to purchase. It penetrates 2-inches into the surface to block all holes and provide maximum waterproofing.
This, in return, prevents freeze-thaw damage, often caused by de-icing salts. It also makes your pavements immune to mold, moss, and mildew growth.
#3. EnduraSeal 100% Acrylic “Wet Look” Semi-Gloss Concrete Paver Sealer Reviews
- 100% pure acrylic, high performance lower odor...
- Produces a semi gloss "Wet Look" to just about any...
- Highly durable for a fraction of the cost of...
- Non-yellowing formula (Doesn't yellow the surface...
- Lower odor than most solvent based sealers on the...
If you are in search of a high-performance concrete paver sealer wet look that also happens to be 100% pure acrylic, this option will match your needs. It is perfect for any surface type and works exceptionally well on colored, stained, and stamped concrete pavements.
The semi-gloss appearance achieved after application lasts for 1-2 years, depending on traffic levels. One of the key reasons I had to list this concrete paver sealer wet look on our review is because it seals and stabilizes paver joints.
Just ensure that you apply two coats using a roller and allow the area at least 48 hours to dry adequately. This wet look paver sealer renews and enhances the hues of surfaces and does an exceptional job making terrazzo pavements appear smoother and well-maintained.
- 5 Gallon Pail
- Clear concrete paver sealer for the best wet-look
- Pure acrylic formula
There are not so many concrete paver sealers wet look that offer as many perks as the EnduraSeal. This 100% acrylic formula not only provides excellent protection against water damage and UV rays but also prevents pavement staining.
Better still, it enhances the colors of surfaces, making them more visually appealing. The strong epoxy smell that disappears once the wet look paver sealer dries is just a small price to pay for a long list of amazing perks.
#4. Foundation Armor AR500 Solvent Based Acrylic Paver Sealer Review
- Penetrating high solids, breathable solvent based...
- Durable, long lasting. Stands up to abrasion, UV...
- Long lasting high gloss finish provides up to 2-5...
- Can be used on poured concrete, stamped concrete,...
- Can be used on unsealed surfaces, or on surfaces...
Another solvent-based acrylic paver sealer for the best wet-look is the AR500 from foundation Armor. It is quite similar to the AR350, only that it uses an acrylic formula and hence produces a high gloss. This solvent-based acrylic paver sealer contains higher levels of solids, and this is what gives surfaces a smoother and glossier finish.
In case you want more than a smooth satin finish, this is the best paver sealer for you. It provides unmatched protection against water seepage, ensuring that the integrity of your pavements remains intact. You can apply this solvent-based acrylic paver sealer over both treated and untreated pavements, and it will still bond without any trouble.
- 5 Gallon Pail
- Clear solvent-based paver sealer
- High gloss, wet finish
Sometimes, a smooth satin finish simply doesn’t cut. If you want a product that offers the best high gloss, this is the best option available. This solvent-based acrylic enhances the original colors of the surface to give your driveways, walkways, and patio an outstanding curb appeal.
Most paver sealers’ wet look does not bond when applied on treated surfaces. This product does not lose its binding ability, and this feature makes it a worthy purchase.
#5. Foundation Armor WL550 Matte Wet Look Pavers Sealer Reviews
- Water repellent characteristics help to reduce...
- Will last for up to 3-5 years before the need to...
- Breathable, low VOC, single coat application.
Last but not least is a sophisticated formula that can darken all kinds of surfaces and give them a unique wet look. This is a superb option to consider if you want to protect your pavements and enhance their visual appeal at the same time.
The formula works by penetrating the surface to protect your pavers or concrete from water damage.
Because the product mainly works below the surface, it does not leave a film over the pavements. It will, however, be apparent that you have used a sealant since the pavers will look darker, wet-like, and more elegant. It will take between 5-7 years for you to need a re-application project.
- 5 Gallon Pail
- Clear wet look paver sealer
- Solvent-based darkening formula
One of the key reasons to use a sealant is to waterproof your pavements. Well, this product does an outstanding job at that. It also renews the appearance of surfaces by making their natural hues darker and more aesthetically appealing. A single treatment lasts up to 7 years in high traffic areas and about 5 years on areas with lesser foot and vehicle movement.
How to Choose the Best Wet Look Sealers?
A paver sealer creates a water-resistant layer over pavers and concrete surfaces. This protective layer also prevents staining caused by chemical spills and shields the pavements from the UV rays of the sun that cause fading. Here is what to consider when choosing a wet look paver sealer.
Know Your Paving Type
When in search of the best paver sealer for a wet look, you must first consider your paving materials. There are numerous sealant formulations designed for specific kinds of paving materials.
If you have poured concrete surfaces, for instance, your primary objective should be to protect them from oil stains. In this case, you first need to ensure that your paver sealer wet look is compatible with concrete pavements. You also need a product that will repel oil and chemical spills while making your surfaces waterproof.
Paver sealers make the natural hues of your surfaces pop out. This remains one of their critical benefits, although products are not created equal. In case you desire to enhance the colors of your pavers, choosing a formulation that is up to the task is crucial.
When it rains, there is always a risk of the sand between pavers getting washed away. Fortunately, there are best paver sealers that do an excellent job of preventing this. Make sure your product of choice is compatible with decomposed granite, polymeric sand, or whatever type of sand you use.
It pays to remember that different products are designed to perform varying tasks. Some are focused on sand retention while others do a better job at waterproofing, blocking UV rays, or enhancing the beauty of pavers. Focus on finding a paver sealer wet look that matches your primary goals.
Mildew and Weed Resistance
All paver sealers typically block out water and provide some level of weed and mildew resistance. However, some formulations are better than others. Sealants that help with sand retention do a better job of preventing weed growth.
Then again, formulations that contain higher levels of mildewcides keep the pavements completely mildew-free.
If you reside within wet or humid regions, it makes sense to spend on the best paver sealers that offer reliable weed and mildew resistance.
Watch the below video to know how to apply a water-based wet-look paver sealer
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question #1. How do you seal wet look pavers?
Answer: Sealing of wet look pavers is very easy, and the process can be within few simple steps. The steps as follows:
- Step# 01: Select and choose a wet look paver sealer.
- Step# 02: Before sealing, you need to clean the surface of the pavers and make sure the place is clean and free from anything. Because it will help to prevent proper penetration or bonding. The pressure washing technique is a preferable and suitable method for cleaning.
- Step# 03: In the case of the wet cleaning process, please allow at least 24 hours to fully dry the place.
- Step# 04: In this step, you can apply the first coat upon the paver sealer. After having the first coat, it may be more substantial because the pavers will absorb a lot of material. The best time for application is in the late afternoon or early evening because of having a chance to cool and calm down after exposure to the sun
- Step# 05: After the application of the first coating, you need to wait at least 24 hours for repeating with a second coating.
- Step # 06: In the second coating, allows better film formation and makes it durable in surface coating. After applying the second coating, the paver surface will have a high-level gloss look.
Question #2. How long does wet look sealer last?
Answer: Well. It can endure from 2 months to up to 5 years. But there are several factors that depend on continuing the sealers including:
- The type of surface on which the paver sealers in going to apply;
- The quantity of moisture present on the subsurface.
- With the quantity of abrasion on the surface, the paver sealer is going to be exposed.
- The type of sealers is applying
- The amount of paver sealer is to be applied
- The porosity of the substrate
- The pH level of the substrate
- The environmental and weather condition of the particular place.
Question #3. Can you use Thompson’s water seal on pavers?
Answer: Yes. You can use Thompson’s Water Seal on your brick pavers. It will help to prolong the life of the pavers. It also enhances the natural color of the surface and acts as a waterproof.
Question #4. How often should pavers be sealed?
Answer: As we have already known that there are two types of wet-look paver sealers, as Solvent-based acrylic sealers and penetrating sealers.
Penetrating wet look sealers do not require to be reapplied every year and last up to 3-5 years whereas acrylic wet look sealers needed to reapply every 1 and 2 years.
I have a particular liking for the “wet look” paver sealers. They work with the natural hues of the pavers to make them more apparent and keep the surfaces looking fresh and vibrant.
Hence, have given you detailed and unbiased paver sealers for a wet-look on the market.
Now, you know about the brands that also provide optimal protection.